Chris Mortensen on 790 The Ticket | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortensen on 790 The Ticket

Dmarino110 said:
Yeah i know its not like he fumbled on the goal line to lose a game for us or anything

Last time I checked, we beat the Chargers. And that's the only game I recall him fumbling on the goal line.

finfan54 said:
What Mort does not understand is that Vince Young proved all that he needs to prove in championship games and not some meaningless 40 sprint and high jump. He can do that in personal workouts. But worst case scenario is that he drops and some team strikes gold.

I would think that when it came to his remarks on Young, he may have herd rumblings from some of the teams scouts. Like he said, Young has never had to face two and three speedy corners every single game, so those floating 20 yard passes will have to become lazers on every pass. He did not seem to think he could do that.

For him to pass on running at the combine means one thing. He does not want teams to think of him at any other position. That's fine but unless there is a team in the top 5 that is in love with him, your right, he might take the Rogers slide.

Some team might strike gold, but for a couple of years it will be fools gold.

I think alot of us want to see Ronnie Brown as the featured back, because he's so young, and can be the "new" face of the Saban Franchise. But, the truth is this, right now, Ricky Williams is a better running back. He makes our average offensive line look good, just like he did in 2003. He's only going to get better too. If Ricky is our featured back, I'm ok with that, he's 29, so why not use the guy while he's still extremely productive. Ronnie will still get his carries, and when Ricky is gone via trade or FA, it will be Ronnie's time and he'll still only be 24-26 years old and fresh.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I'm glad we're keeping Ricky, but the "featured" back???

Man, Ronnie's too damn good for that.

Yea I definately agree...I was happy to see that Mort thinks Ricky is gonna stay, but Ronnie is just too damn good!!!

backpacker said:
Last time I checked, we beat the Chargers. And that's the only game I recall him fumbling on the goal line.

Some people forget he was a rookie he is going to make mistakes that is the way it is. NFL talent is stronger than college smarter than college and faster than college talent that is something that he has to get use to.

Back
Top Bottom