Chris Mortensen on 790 The Ticket | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortensen on 790 The Ticket

CaptainK

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Chris Mortensen this afternoon said on 790 The Ticket in Miami that he believes the Dolphins plan on keeping Ricky Williams as they believe that he could be the "Featured Back" for the team during the 2006 Season.

works for me. Now lets get RB involved at FB and the passing game.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I'm glad we're keeping Ricky, but the "featured" back???

Man, Ronnie's too damn good for that.
I agree. I would like to keep Ricky, but we should use him the same way in 2006 as we did in 2005. Splitting carries last year between Ronnie and Ricky was great!

Nublar7 said:
I agree. I would like to keep Ricky, but we should use him the same way in 2006 as we did in 2005. Splitting carries last year between Ronnie and Ricky was great!
Why can't Mort see him as "A" feature back, along "with" Ronnie?

As much as it pains me to say it, I prefer Ricky to Ronnie. If I need ten yards to ice a game, I give it to Ricky each and every time.

bla bla bla said:
As much as it pains me to say it, I prefer Ricky to Ronnie. If I need ten yards to ice a game, I give it to Ricky each and every time.

I think this year we will see a more mature Ronnie.
I'd give it to Ronnie if we needed 10 yards.

Nublar7 said:

I disagree, I think its time to make Ronnie Brown a FB except with passing game and running game in mind and set the O up that way from the start since RW will be playing from the start. They can also split carries that way. But I want to see Ronnie going in motion and going out for passes. I think having both in at the same time, except with running plays as well in the design, would make us unstoppable.

finfan54 said:
I disagree, I think its time to make Ronnie Brown a FB except with passing game and running game in mind and set the O up that way from the start since RW will be playing from the start. They can also split carries that way. But I want to see Ronnie going in motion and going out for passes. I think having both in at the same time, except with running plays as well in the design, would make us unstoppable.
Ronnie would be the most expensive fullback to ever grace the NFL. If he gets a significant amout less carries than Ricky in his second year, it will be real hard to justify picking him. Ronnie will be pissed to.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I'm glad we're keeping Ricky, but the "featured" back???

Man, Ronnie's too damn good for that.

unless this is some way to raise his value and show how much miami and saban believe in this guy then i HATE IT! why the hell did we get a RB then? sorry i dont care about ricky and how good he is, this is ridiculous. I dont want a back stabber being the featured back while he slows down R.B. progress and DOESNT" deserve to be the featured back. R.B. does. end of story for me.

finfan54 said:
works for me. Now lets get RB involved at FB and the passing game.

fullbacks dont make that kind of salary

Honestly, Ronnie Brown shouldnt put up with Ricky being "the guy" next year, and he probably wont.

tylerdolphin said:
If he gets a significant amout less carries than Ricky in his second year, it will be real hard to justify picking him. Ronnie will be pissed to.

Maybe so..but on the other hand, the end will justify the means if this is a formula that wins games and puts us into the playoffs. And if this happens why would Brown be mad? Winning solves a lot of problems.

Back
Top Bottom