Chris Mortensen on 790 The Ticket | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortensen on 790 The Ticket

At some point, Ronnie or Ricky will want to reach the performance goals that are bound to be in their contracts. It's alot easier if your the featured back. At some point, one or the other will have to go. Question is, can we get something in return before that happens...

GT Dolfan said:
Both of them would be amazing with us. Obviously we cant do this every play, but every once in a while imagine the opposing defense if you have Ronnie lined up on one side of the QB and Ricky on the other. Fake to Ricky, have Ronnie run out into the flats, or something else to that effect. Their would be too many threats to the defense.

I agree, Ricky, Ronnie, Chambers, Booker Welker, and McMichael that is a problem to the opposing defense. If TO come which I doubt then we will have a Colts type offense.

Noland said:
I agree, Ricky, Ronnie, Chambers, Booker Welker, and McMichael that is a problem to the opposing defense. If TO come which I doubt then we will have a Colts type offense.
Upgrade the QB position and I'll agree with you there. But I don't agree with Ricky being the featured back either. He really got a good taste of NFL football this year and I think next year will be even better. Any way you slice it, having Ricky and Ronnie is a GOOD problem to have. It's sure as heck not the same as having Minor and Morris like two seasons ago.

I'll be happy to have Ricky back but if Nick can get a good trade for him then I'm happy with that too.....is good to know he's there in case something happens to Ronnie but Ronnie's our future and he needs more carries next season.

Ozzy rules!!

fishfan34 said:
Upgrade the QB position and I'll agree with you there. But I don't agree with Ricky being the featured back either. He really got a good taste of NFL football this year and I think next year will be even better. Any way you slice it, having Ricky and Ronnie is a GOOD problem to have. It's sure as heck not the same as having Minor and Morris like two seasons ago.

With Gus we will not be a Colt type offense but we can be very aggressive and good with him. All we need is Ricky and Ronnie to light it up and that will open up the passing lane for short 20 yard passes then go deep once in a while that would be awesome.

Featured back?

He's on crack!

Mort I mean not Wicky!

:lol:

Ya know i really dont think we necessarily "need" Ricky any more. Ronnie is tremendous talent and deserves to be the guy. The reason we do keep ricky though is the value he presents to us is MUCH more then it is to any one else. Hey if we can get a first rounder or a good QB for him then by all means trade him.

But if he is to stay, make ronnie the starter and and go 18/12 carries a game in favor in Ronnie

I don't think you trade Ricky just to trade him. Ronnie Brown should be the "guy" in Miami, Ricky's value probably won't get any higher than this offseason so if Saban can get a decent deal I think he should take it. Many people want a 1st rd pick, but that's probably not realistic. If he is traded I think Saban maybe better suited trading him for a pick with escalator clauses.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Ya know i really dont think we necessarily "need" Ricky any more. Ronnie is tremendous talent and deserves to be the guy. The reason we do keep ricky though is the value he presents to us is MUCH more then it is to any one else. Hey if we can get a first rounder or a good QB for him then by all means trade him.

But if he is to stay, make ronnie the starter and and go 18/12 carries a game in favor in Ronnie

It is just amazing to me that any national reporter can say something like Wicky will be the feature back and still be taken seriously.

Ronnie had a GREAT rookie season, and showed he is more than capable of being a FRANCHISE HB.

Wicky is the change up guy, the backup, nothing more. Wicky is the one that has to show he is capable of being a franchise HB again.

Ok.... I can guarantee that Ricky will not be the featured back of the Miami Dolphins. Wayne, along with Saban, and the rest of the staff is not paying Ronnie 42+mil. to be a BACKUP RB or starting FB. Thats garbage, Ronnie is going to be a great back, Ricky is a great second option. Keep Ricky, START RONNIE. No more of this Ricky over Ronnie crap, because when we got Ronnie every dolphan said "Ricky Who?" and now its "Ronnie Backup". Screw that lets stick with our 2nd pick in the draft. He had a great rookie season coming in second for Rookie of the Year.

come on guys we gave ronnie all this money to be a back-up when everyone knows he should be starting??? i love ricky dont get me wrong but honestly if we could trade him to move up and grab cutler i'll pull the trigger in a sec how much longer before those 2 bump heads maybe never but still ronnie got what was it almost 40 mill to be back up? either way i'd love to keep ricky but if him being traded means we get out franchise guy at qb do it qb's are so tough to find and since marino left we havent had any luck finding one cause we only try out back ups who all fail

I would not trade Ricky just to move up to draft Cutler. We know what we have in Ricky, I am a big fan of SEC football and I have never heard of the guy until this year. We need a good veteran QB. We can get a rookie later in the draft. Ricky should start and Ronnie back him up. Right now, Ricky is alot better runner. Ronnie will get his chance.

Back
Top Bottom