Chris Mortensen on 790 The Ticket | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortensen on 790 The Ticket

finfan54 said:
I disagree, I think its time to make Ronnie Brown a FB except with passing game and running game in mind and set the O up that way from the start since RW will be playing from the start. They can also split carries that way. But I want to see Ronnie going in motion and going out for passes. I think having both in at the same time, except with running plays as well in the design, would make us unstoppable.

Did you just say? WOW!!:eek:

Now having the off season to evaluate the Ronnie/Ricky situation the two things I feel are important is

1)Will we wind up keeping Ricky?

2)How will we change next year's offense to use both on the field more often so we dont waist both their talents?

1)Bottom line Saban knows exactly what his price is for Ricky (Dont kid yourself its high!)and he knows no team will over pay for him so mentally Saban knows that more than likely Ricky will be here.

2)Saban will count on Malarkey this off season to come up with more formations that both can be used together....like 5-8 a game would be great.

We all felt Ronnie/Ricky combo would be used early and often but Ricky missing 4 games and Ronnie being a rookie prevented it. Ronnie will be more prepared to pick up blitz's as a tandem and will enjoy more hands on the ball in the 2006 season.

Scott's offense also may have been the reason for the lack of both in the backfield together...who knows.

Dont get me wrong...keeping fresh legs is great but you cant keep either one on the sideline as much as we did.

tylerdolphin said:
Ronnie would be the most expensive fullback to ever grace the NFL. If he gets a significant amout less carries than Ricky in his second year, it will be real hard to justify picking him. Ronnie will be pissed to.
Right, but we can redefine the fullback role with him, and then he'll be worth it. Who says he has to play the position the way it's always been played? We need an innovative OC to make this work.

shouright said:
Right, but we can redefine the fullback role with him, and then he'll be worth it. Who says he has to play the position the way it's always been played? We need an innovative OC to make this work.

Im with you on this one. RBrown is an amazing talent. Saban realizes that depth, at the critical position, is the way go build his team. He has personally developed the situation the FINS are in right now. We have 2 great backs. That can play all day every day. That is not byt chance. Wether they are RB or FB, who cares. They will both play, and play A LOT!

RW and RB will be here next year. Neither, or both, may rush for 1000 yards. How and where you line them up is the question all D-C's are asking themselves right now.

-GV

tylerdolphin said:
Honestly, Ronnie Brown shouldnt put up with Ricky being "the guy" next year, and he probably wont.
Why Ronnie should be upset for? RW is a better then him right now, we all like Ronnie and I'am sure that he will be a good back soon.

I still fail to see how Ronnie being a FB is a good idea.

I heard the interview with Mort. He said Saban really likes Ricky and can see him being a top 5 back again.
I don't know where Ronnie works in here. He is not a fullback and he should not be a third down back. I say keep them splitting time.
Both these guys have major talent.

its not, any way you look at it its ******ed, no matter how innovative the oc, or how much you redefine it...

Ronnie Brown is the future of this organization and everyone knows that. I doubt Ricky would step into the starting role. The idea of having R&R for an entire season all over again tho just brings a huge smile to my face.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I'm glad we're keeping Ricky, but the "featured" back???

Man, Ronnie's too damn good for that.

That is what i was thinking.:confused:
They must see something different than we do. With both on the same team I dont see Ricky seating out 3/4 of the game but I dont think he should get more playing time than Ronnie. If Ronnie is healthy he will be a top 10 RB IMO. He will probably be more in shape this coming season than what he was at the beginning of last season.

dolfan72734me said:
Why can't Mort see him as "A" feature back, along "with" Ronnie?

Well just the other day John Clayton was running Ricky out the door so Edge could come to Miami. They either forgot about Ronnie or they dont think he is a good back. I feel he is ready to play as our starter what is their beef?

Both of them would be amazing with us. Obviously we cant do this every play, but every once in a while imagine the opposing defense if you have Ronnie lined up on one side of the QB and Ricky on the other. Fake to Ricky, have Ronnie run out into the flats, or something else to that effect. Their would be too many threats to the defense.

Back
Top Bottom