Chris Mortensen on 790 The Ticket | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortensen on 790 The Ticket

Guys -let's not forget the days of Ron Davenport, Mark Higgs, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, John Avery, Sammie Smith and JJ Johnson.

Let's enjoy the R&R express and be greatful that on any play we can break a TD from the running back position. If we had A running back half as good as these guys (and a better defense without Olivadotti) Dan would have won a few Superbowls.

Sounds suspiciously like something Saban planted to work on RW pricetag. JMO, but if Saban is so tightlipped about the workings of the team, how would something like this get out unless it was 'planted' (for lack of a better word)....

Interesting but if he stays I see the same situation as this past season. Ronnie starting but Ricky getting plenty of carries aswell as being back there with Ronnie. If something aint broke don't fix it.

finfan54 said:
I disagree, I think its time to make Ronnie Brown a FB except with passing game and running game in mind and set the O up that way from the start since RW will be playing from the start. They can also split carries that way. But I want to see Ronnie going in motion and going out for passes. I think having both in at the same time, except with running plays as well in the design, would make us unstoppable.

If they do that, then it would be conceding that they made a mistake in drafting him. Nobody picks a FB with the number 2 overall pick in the draft and nobody gives a FB a 20 mill signing bonus.

dolfanrodney said:
Interesting but if he stays I see the same situation as this past season. Ronnie starting but Ricky getting plenty of carries aswell as being back there with Ronnie. If something aint broke don't fix it.

Actually, R&R started the first play in the backfield together on every game they played together...but I see your point...

Ronnie Brown is not going to be a FULLBACK ....

Who cares who starts .. RICKY has about 2 more good years left in the tank - so if Saban wants to use that to the fullest - so what ...

All we need Ronnie to do is to continue to develop and be able to go a full season - which by the way -- he has NEVER done !!

Ronnie needs at least 1 more year to get where he needs to be ....

The only 'issue' with this will be $$$$$ ... Ricky should get more ... and Ronnie would be making too much for those respective roles

Again, everyone knows and accepts that Ronnie is the future !! But if I had a choice about who I would start tomorrow ... it would be Ricky !

LarryFinFan said:
Sounds suspiciously like something Saban planted to work on RW pricetag. JMO, but if Saban is so tightlipped about the workings of the team, how would something like this get out unless it was 'planted' (for lack of a better word)....

With Saban's history with the media that makes sense.

I think this is all salesmanship talk if it is actually true.

If your seriously thinking of trading a player, better to act like you plan on keeping him, it makes you not look like an anxious seller, better for trade value that way. Also, it keeps from having a disgruntled Ricky Williams if your unable to get the value you want.

I'd say this is perfectly normal talk for a team that won't trade Ricky unless the price is right.

BlueFin said:

If your seriously thinking of trading a player, better to act like you plan on keeping him, it makes you not look like an anxious seller, better for trade value that way. Also, it keeps from having a disgruntled Ricky Williams if your unable to get the value you want.

I'd say this is perfectly normal talk for a team that won't trade Ricky unless the price is right.

Yea, I think that this got out because other teams are trying to low-ball Saban...so he's letting them know that he's not about to let himself get ripped off.

tylerdolphin said:
Ronnie would be the most expensive fullback to ever grace the NFL. If he gets a significant amout less carries than Ricky in his second year, it will be real hard to justify picking him. Ronnie will be pissed to.

exactly. Making Ronnie a permanent fullback would be the dumbest idea ever (no offense). That would also imply running Ricky into the ground again, then he quits on us. Saban isn't that stupid. ROnnie will never be a fullback.

BlueFin said:

Exactly. There are no coincidences when it comes to Saban - he's one calculated dude and I love it!

It simply amazes me why people complain about having TOO MUCH TALENT!

Ricky is the better back right now.
Ronnie is a little too raw, I think especcially for a feature back.

bla bla bla said:
As much as it pains me to say it, I prefer Ricky to Ronnie. If I need ten yards to ice a game, I give it to Ricky each and every time.
i feel the exact opposite way, ronnie is a much better runner than ricky.

Back
Top Bottom