Chris Perkins "It’s time for Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel to produce" | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Perkins "It’s time for Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel to produce"

One would think breaking down post-game film would aid in that area by now.

That's one of the problems with always making the decision pre snap in an effort to get the ball out.

I'm not completely down on either one of them, but we need to see adjustments this year.

No idea the latitude McD gives Tua to audible or have "check with me" authority, but there are times when it's necessary, IMO.

That's why I keep going back to Football 101. Mcd gets to view film. Gets to talk to the self-scouts and assts. Gets to talk to the O players between series. Gets to see film on the opponents. Gets to regroup at half time. And still seems to refuse to make adjustments, or change gameplans, or go uptempo, or rollouts, or or . . . No quick slants. No shallow crossers.
Again, it's obvious Mcd is the best HC Miami has had since Shula. Very frustrating to to see is talent limited by a refusal to learn. Side note: Is TT prohibited from audibles? I remember very few.

That's why I keep going back to Football 101. Mcd gets to view film. Gets to talk to the self-scouts and assts. Gets to talk to the O players between series. Gets to see film on the opponents. Gets to regroup at half time. And still seems to refuse to make adjustments, or change gameplans, or go uptempo, or rollouts, or or . . . No quick slants. No shallow crossers.
Again, it's obvious Mcd is the best HC Miami has had since Shula. Very frustrating to to see is talent limited by a refusal to learn. Side note: Is TT prohibited from audibles? I remember very few.
IIRC, the first plays are scripted, so probably not at the beginning, at least.

I think the only heat that lands on McDaniel was the last stretch of the regular season.
Losing to the Titans should of never happened.
Obviously when you face a good team like the Chiefs-and their revamped defense, the offense won't be as electric, but in two games vs them the offense never could get anything rolling. Game 2 was in a winter snowstorm so understand that played a role.
Injuries once again hurt both sides of the team, and we lost some key players.

If goal is too win SB. He need too as well. Better play calling in tough game wouldn't hurt.

I know we want much more than just a playoff appearance, but how is making the playoffs two seasons in a row not a degree of success? Especially since we haven't done that since 2001?
You would think people could recognize the improvement of the last 2 years versus the last two DECADES but apparently Miami is Super Bowl Or Bust! now.

You would think people could recognize the improvement of the last 2 years versus the last two DECADES but apparently Miami is Super Bowl Or Bust! now.
We have improved. Not sure any sane person would argue that. It's awesome.

By the same token, we have not won a playoff game. Irrespective of the reasons/excuses, until you can compete with top teams in the postseason, you are not a top tier team.

That's fine, my issue is what he's not saying about particular people in the organization.
McDaniel has been here 3 seasons, Grier has been calling the shots for 9 seasons.
I hear ya, but he was specifically talking about McD. McD does not seem to be getting better. This is a big year for him.

If you have to rely on the back ups now ,who would you choose ?

Agree. Part of the blame goes to TT . . . *IF* those short crossers or a RB leaking past the LOS is one of the routes. If they are, and if TT sees the D properly, he shares the blame. If he does not, or, if the crossers are not one of the routes, that's on Mcd. Either teach TT how to read Ds or add those shallow routes.
I remember a game where the talking heads pointed out a few times, all routes were intermediate or deep and showing replays. was that every game? No idea.

Perspective coupled with actual football knowledge.
What a relief to read a post like this.

Well, with Cleveland #1, NO #5 and SF #26 (3 spots below Miami) what correlation are you implying?
Guess some people want to go back to taking 12 to 18 plays to score a fg. What’s the fun of scoring a TD in 5 to 8 plays.

One would think breaking down post-game film would aid in that area by now.

That's one of the problems with always making the decision pre snap in an effort to get the ball out.

I'm not completely down on either one of them, but we need to see adjustments this year.

No idea the latitude McD gives Tua to audible or have "check with me" authority, but there are times when it's necessary, IMO.

That's the facts, Jack!

Back
Top Bottom