Chris Simms ranks Tua the 40th QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Simms ranks Tua the 40th QB

OmegaPhinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score

By the way, this is his career stats:

By the way, this is his career stats:

My first thought was 'where does he rank Burrow, Herbert, and Love. If they're ranked near TT, maybe he just doesn't like rookies. My second thought was 'that puts a lot of poor QBs above him.

My first thought was 'where does he rank Burrow, Herbert, and Love. If they're ranked near TT, maybe he just doesn't like rookies. My second thought was 'that puts a lot of poor QBs above him.
For whatever reason, he seems to dislike Tua immensely. I think he just likes the attention for having such a different take on TT

Lol I mean I guess it’s ok to have a rookie that low but I’m sure he puts guys higher that have no business there

The “so much talent” at Alabama is flawed unless you say the same about Burrow, Lawrence and others. You also have to consider that maybe these other players are elevated by a top QB. Maybe AL wouldn’t have had four 1st round WRs without Tua getting them the ball where they were able to run freely.

Glad to see the apple didn't fall far from the tree. His dad is insufferable to listen to, I refused to even have audio on when Phil Simms called a game. Seems Chris is picking up right were his Pops loves to go, on mute.

The “so much talent” at Alabama is flawed unless you say the same about Burrow, Lawrence and others. You also have to consider that maybe these other players are elevated by a top QB. Maybe AL wouldn’t have had four 1st round WRs without Tua getting them the ball where they were able to run freely.
safe to say the nation has its doubts on the backup for the team. I think this is team driven.

Love the kid!!! Since he hasn't played I'd say it's a pretty sensible ranking or placement. I mean it's whatever.....

And I rank Simms at around 400, and I think my opinion ranks higher, because I’ve at least played against Simms in Madden. Haven’t even been able to do that with Tua yet

As stated already, Simms was not a fan of Tua, so this is not surprising, and he is well entitled to his opinion.

Thing is though, like most so called experts in the NFL, he made statements that shows he did not do much work, just went with the general thoughts.

He is injury prone:

No, if he had done some work, he would have seen that it was more bad luck with a sense of not quiting on plays

If Simms had said, Tua has a dangerous mentality of never, ever quiting on a play, and that is going to get him killed, then OK, that is very true, and he is going to have to learn, sometimes there is nothing to be gained by trying to keep a play alive...Throw it away.

He had great talent around him:

This is just a lazy comment, did Simms watch ball placement? Did he not see many of his passes lead the receivers perfectly to make bigger plays? Did he not see Tua more then a few times throw the ball almost blindly as he turned while scrambling or a defensive player was in his face.

I know that most here don't need to look at this video, as I am sure most here have watched these videos of him countless times, but watch some of the TDs this guy throws...Tua is not just accurate, he's precise.

Back
Top Bottom