Chubb For A First And A Massive Contract, Chase Young For A Third | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chubb For A First And A Massive Contract, Chase Young For A Third

Yeah I mean if you take a hard stance that he would have gotten top 3 money then we would agree to disagree but we’d never know. I just don’t see him getting Bosa or Watt money without the production. But again, we’d never know… and if you’re right, your point would be valid.

does this conversation hurt your feelings? I don’t know how many of my posts mention I like Chubb the player and I don’t even mind his contract. Is that okay with you? lol.

As I said with first guy above, he is getting paid very handsomely… the 6 players ahead of him are probably considered definitively better (I’d argue Bosa with Chargers is a bad deal cause of his injuries but that’s it). But again, we wouldn’t know.
Who are the 6 players ahead of Chubby in your book?

Yeah I mean if you take a hard stance that he would have gotten top 3 money then we would agree to disagree but we’d never know. I just don’t see him getting Bosa or Watt money without the production. But again, we’d never know… and if you’re right, your point would be valid.

does this conversation hurt your feelings? I don’t know how many of my posts mention I like Chubb the player and I don’t even mind his contract. Is that okay with you? lol.

As I said with first guy above, he is getting paid very handsomely… the 6 players ahead of him are probably considered definitively better (I’d argue Bosa with Chargers is a bad deal cause of his injuries but that’s it). But again, we wouldn’t know.
Wasn't aimed at you specifically but in general.

But get defensive all you want 😂

Well you said prior:

You think he would have got more than that? He would have been paid top3? With his past up and down career?

Cause that’s really the only part that would make this more than a 8-9 game rental

The point is , of course we wouldn't know because you would have to let him test the market. You let him test the market, you risk the chance of him being signed elsewhere for more, or having to overpay in a bidding war. Maybe the Broncos had other offers and we stepped up to get him? Plus, we had no idea how his production would be once we signed him. If the guy has 10 sacks to end the season, we would be pretty ****ed trying to find the money for him.

Instead of playing a game of chance, you trade for him with a contract agreement in place. You best believe Chubb was, and is well aware of the compensation that was given up to get him. That means something to these guys too.

Playing the "He won't get paid that" game is dangerous and not the correct way to go about team building IMO. You want a certain player? Go get the player.

As a Dolphin fan, you should be very familiar with the name Danielle Ellerbe 🤮. Teams overpay for mediocre talent all the time. Bradley Chubb is a good player, at one of the most important positions in the league.

Who are the 6 players ahead of Chubby in your book?

Well, here’s the list of players paid more:

The only player I personally didn’t recognize ahead of him was Rashan Gary but when I clicked through the side by side comparison he has Chubb beat in every single measurable stat per game. I didn’t spend time to go through the list, but I would say all the players ahead of him would be for sure considered more dangerous rushers…

Well you said prior:

The point is , of course we wouldn't know because you would have to let him test the market. You let him test the market, you risk the chance of him being signed elsewhere for more, or having to overpay in a bidding war. Maybe the Broncos had other offers and we stepped up to get him? Plus, we had no idea how his production would be once we signed him. If the guy has 10 sacks to end the season, we would be pretty ****ed trying to find the money for him.

Instead of playing a game of chance, you trade for him with a contract agreement in place. You best believe Chubb was, and is well aware of the compensation that was given up to get him. That means something to these guys too.

Playing the "He won't get paid that" game is dangerous and not the correct way to go about team building IMO. You want a certain player? Go get the player.

As a Dolphin fan, you should be very familiar with the name Danielle Ellerbe 🤮. Teams overpay for mediocre talent all the time. Bradley Chubb is a good player, at one of the most important positions in the league.

Yeah I mean, I won’t argue with this. I like the player and I don’t think he’s over or underpaid. I think he got what he would have got in free agency. Just giving commentary on the OP about the 1st round pick which is a steep payment any way we cut it (in my opinion, of course).

Ps: I see your Danielle Ellerbe and I raise you Phillip Wheeler

Yeah I mean, I won’t argue with this. I like the player and I don’t think he’s over or underpaid. I think he got what he would have got in free agency. Just giving commentary on the OP about the 1st round pick which is a steep payment any way we cut it (in my opinion, of course).

Ps: I see your Danielle Ellerbe and I raise you Phillip Wheeler

Dude honestly, I almost used Wheeler as my example 😂

Montez Sweat

ChiEDGE#90

Bears signed EDGE Montez Sweat to a four-year, $98 million contract.

Chicago traded a second-round pick for Sweat, a free agent after this year, and he’ll now be the fourth highest pass-rusher in the league at $24.5 million annually. It’s a similar contract they could have signed Sweat to had he reached free agency this offseason. Sweat improves a struggling pass rush but it comes at the price of a high Day 2 pick and $73 million guaranteed for a 27-year-old pass rusher that’s missed 15 games to injuries the last three seasons. Locking up Sweat opens up the franchise tag for CB Jaylon Johnson this offseason.

Like I said a couple of days ago... Sweat was the real comparison to Chubb... and now he's getting more money than Chubb.

This is the real world cost.

With a couple of new contracts signed, Chubb is now down to #9 on the salary/year chart.

...and THIS is why you don't complain about the signing price of any free agent. You can get caught up in the sticker price, not recognizing that there is a huge inflation to year factor in these contracts.

Sweat went for a little less in draft compensation, 10 spots or so.... but more in dollars and he was a bit older when signed.

It is market rate for a real Edge, especially a young one.... and it IS WELL short of Bosa money.

Chubb has now played 16 games in Miami. Despite not having a great year with Miami last year, he's registered:

8 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 50 tackles, 8 tackles for loss, and 21 QB hits.

In Chase Young's last two and half seasons, he's played 19 games. Totals: 6.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 46 tackles, 9 tackles for loss, and 14 QB hits. So Young -- who isn't a great run defender -- hasn't even matched the pressure that Chubb has been getting. Young had a very good rookie season and since then hasn't matched it.

And FWIW, take a look at Jaelan Phillips' numbers and compare them to Young's. Phillips in 39 games has 18 sacks and 47 QB hits. Young has played in 34 games (despite being in the league a year longer) and has 14 sacks and 26 QB hits.
hulk-hogan-mic-drop.gif

Back
Top Bottom