Cindrich Has A Clause That States To Team To Pay Griese For Number Of Games Won... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cindrich Has A Clause That States To Team To Pay Griese For Number Of Games Won...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't know if agent RALPH CINDRICH is thinking about reperesenting any Major League Baseball Pitchers anytime soon....but in these negotiations with the DOlphins...one would think he is trying to do so.

It is apparrent to the Dolphins.....that Cindrich thinks that GRIESE is coming in here...even though they told him that Griese is the backup....CINDRICH has written the contract form that is not anywhere in conjunction with any standard backup NFL Quarterback's salary structure.

The Dolphins don't really have a problem with the base salary...approx. 1.5 million base....but CIndrich has added over 20 clauses within the contents of the contract....in which GRIESE....could achieve.....on the assumption that he is going to play...and play a whole lot.....a full-season's worth. These clauses....and some that are viewed as ridiculous...by the Dolphins brass....like getting paid for each start...or coming in...get this....like a "relief appearance"....should in fact....net Griese some more money. This to the DOlphins is not what they had in mind for Brian....as Spielman apprarantly told Cindrich today....that "we are not going to pay as we go here..with this contract"....and thus....it is the structure of these type of incentive laden clauses that CINDRICH feels that GRIESE is entitled to.....this is the whole problem here.

This deal still has a long ways to go....but in all probability....its going to get done. Mainly because BRIAN really wants to play here. It was apparant that WANNY had talked to BRIAN today by phone....as he said..."its not Brian....if it was up to him....he would be here". WANNY may be upset with Cindrich's games right now....because that is exactly what it is right now...games. The DOlphins are not going to budge and Spielman has already seen from DREW on Draft day....the "PHANTOM NFL TEAM".....you know the ones who are reportedely named by the agent....who are said to be "interested" in his client. Rick Spielman has seen and investigated just about every rumor and inuendo by now....on who in fact....is interested right now in GRIESE to begin serious negotoiations....and right now....he is standing pat...as usual....with his glasses on....looking back at CINDRICH and saying to him;....Ok....when you are ready to talk...and get this thing done for real....let me know. CIndrich is not going to play any delayed stalling tactics and think that SPIELMAN is going to get desperate....or does he?

Well.....if he does....then this is what is probably going to happen...and it is going to make Cindrich look bad. Unlike....ORONDE GADSDEN.....Its probably going to be BRIAN GRIESE himself....getting on the phone to CINDRICH...and saying to him....'' You have got 24 hours to make your best deal...but then...Im flying down to Miami". This thing may go on for a few more days.....and this by all means is a chess game.....but in the end....it is going to be the Dolphins with their heads up....much higher than Cindrich's.

The Dolphins in this case.....are absolutely negotiating in good faith here....they have agreed to a lot of the basics....the paramaters for a fair base salary....and either a 1 year or...they would like a 2 year deal.....but the bottom line here....is that CINDRICH is not acting fair to the respect of the DOlphins...and JAY FIEDLER...who is the starter presently on this team.

Brian Griese has just been cut....and there is very little interest in GRIESE outside the Dolphins. And apparantly....Cindrich just thinks that GRIESE is just going to ride into town....and wave his magical name over DAVIE....and presto.... he replaces Fiedler....and thus....in his mind....why even bother negotiating anything but a contract that calls for plenty of playing time. Cindrich does not view Griese as anyones back-up Qb right now...and this is the crux of the "philosophy" problem...that he is having with the DOlphins brass. Cindrich sees GRIESE palying a whole lot this season.....and the Dolphins keep telling Cindrich.... Jay is our starter though....

The Result of all this: AN IMPASSE
The END RESULT: Griese signs eventually in the next couple of days and will be ready for the last QB School.....as CINDRICH says.....well....it just came down to the fact that the other teams just could not come up with what the DOlphins were willing to do for Brian"...
DCH

Thanks for the insight DCH!
As always, it's appreciated.

I realize that Cindrich is trying to get the best deal for his client, but good grief, you can't tell me that this is standard language for a contract. Does he want Brian to "clock in" if he goes in for a play or two.. then "clock out" when he picks up the clipboard again? I envision a time clock next to Wanny on the sidelines, and Brian comes running up with his helmet in one hand, and a timecard in the other.... :rolleyes2

1.5 million base salary, what are other backups base salaries??? That seems more then fair for a back up qb.

awesome.. I love having DirtyCash on our side.. thanks so much...

well DCH, I guess you posted this right before I did and you had a lot more info. Anyway, I do think it'll get done soon but is a shame that he won't be able to get some practice time with the team this week.

Ozzy rules!!!!!!!

Not NEWS, really... I think it's fairly well known that there is no other team interested in Griese... There is no money available other than what we're offering... And he's asking for a clause allowing him to become a Free Agent after the 2003 season, regardless of the length of the contract...

The pressure is on him to be competitive enough that the team tries to then resign him... I say we play this thing one season at a time...

MAYBE CINDRICH HAS A NOKIA CELL PHONE....

You know what is funny.... the only company who actually offers a "pay as you go" contract is actually CINGULAR WIRELESS....you know you pay $10.99 a month to sign up....then you get billed about 5 dollars a second....for every long distance call! So with Cingulars incentive plan....they can lure you into a contract that is surely.....Pay us....as you go....but yes....you have to read "between the lines"...but apparantly.....Cindrich must adhere to this type of advertising incentive....

I did like your "clock in and clock out" situation.....for Griese.

I think we can all make fun of CINDRICH in these threads.....lets post all creative "incentives" that you guys feel that CINDRICH made up.....as part of his TOP 20 Incentive List...that he presented to the Dolphins....

DCH

I wouldn't go that far...lol I hate laywers...well, most of them anyway!

up the irons!!!!!!!

An incentive or provision in the contract detailing the use of thick leashes and choke collars on all security dogs at Pro Player Stadium.

For Griese to attend any teammates party: A group of contracters picked out by Griese, will inspect the teammate's(that is having the party) driveway to see just how level the driveway is.

If Miami were to Play the Cleveland Browns Griese would be exempt from starting in that game against the Dawg Pound.

When playing the Buffalo Bills Sam Adams will have to change his name or Griese will not play in that particular game.

Just kidding around guys im all for the signing of Griese.

Thanks DCH, I say we put our gaurds up and not give in....Brian needs us more than we need him!....hey, where have i heard that before?

We need a reverse incentive contract.

"Fine, if you play x amount of downs, you get paid x amount of $. If you don't, we subtract x from your base salary!":lol:

Originally posted by LdoubleE80
You guys do know that agents ARE lawyers, right?

I know most are, but I do not believe they have to be.

Oliver...

DCH:

SWEET TAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, how do you know/why do you think there are no other teams interested in Griese?

I am secretly hoping there is one more... the same one that can't stand Shanahan and the Broncos...
pirate-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom