CK sums it up perfectly | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK sums it up perfectly

I think CK absolutely nailed it. The questions are numerous, starting with whether Tua can kind of reclaim who he was. We know he was always Mr. Clutch. Haven't seen that much this year. Tua always used his eyes so well, but he's been locked into his first read too much this year.

Maybe all the team needs to do is improve the offensive line and the rest kind of falls into place. The Dolphins are the only team in the division that plays in the warm weather, they absolutely have to be versatile enough offensively to take on cold weather games and do well.

Wish we got to see more of Chris Brooks in 2024 but I still like him going forward as part of a committee as the power back. Mostert had a hell of a season but obviously he’s had health issues over his entire career (held up well this season until the very end unfortunately) and is the outlier as a soon to be 32 year old back who is still extremely effective.

If we are able to trade down and acquire some mid rounders, I’d look into drafting a bigger back around the 4th round or so. Maybe someone like Braelon Allen. But I’m okay rolling with the current RB room in 2024 because I do like Brooks quite a bit and Jeff Wilson Jr. is on a somewhat cheap deal.

As for WR this team desperately needs an X wideout. We tried using Wilson in that role but he’s better suited in the slot where he was primarily used in Dallas. Claypool was a worthy gamble for the compensation we gave up, but he just seems like a low IQ football player although the sample size is small. We need a bigger receiver who is good enough to step up and with increased reps if/when Hill or Waddle go down. Adding a capable pass catching tight end would help mitigate this need as well. I would not put my eggs in the Ezukanma basket at all. If he becomes a player then great, but not something we can depend on.

This draft is deep at WR and there are a ton of WRs with size. Some solid options at TE like Sanders, Stover, and Sinnott (Bowers will be out of our range). You can always find backs later in the draft who are ready to contribute as well.

I’d target the defensive side of the ball in FA and the offense in the draft, personally.
I know Miami needs offensive lineman badly, but the sweet spot for the draft appears to be wide receiver. Turner, Legette are two who could be there for the Dolphins. I know that might be a luxury, but that type of receiver would really help complement Hill and Waddle.

How does that account for the dramatic difference between first- and second-half performance by the Dolphins' offense over the past six games, including the wildcard?
Our schedule and adjustment period for teams to figure out our new window dressing

But last 4 games data was clear -- we struggle offensively against good teams

Also do wonder if Tua's thumb injury factored in. Sure it could be he's just not clutch but we've seen him be clutch in the past.

Miami needs to focus on OL and DL this off season. Armstead is not to answer at LT cause he's out with injury most of the time forcing us to adjust the line. Conner Williams was injuried and was out for the year. And that's just the 2 main injuries we had on OL. Our OL was a M.A.S.H. unit this year. And our DL well we where playing with out our top 2 pass rusher in the playoff game! We need to find reliable starters on the OL and add depth to both the OL and DL this off season.

CK might as well be a hero round these parts but he's doing the Macarena on the let's toe the line wire so as to not piss anyone off.

What that article basically says is this team needs to be perfect with Tua under center so... I think yall can infer the rest.

You Tuanons gonna stand for that? Frightened of the mighty CK? Come out & play, boys. Where are yah?

CK is sharp.

Listening to him on 3YPC, he feels a little too emotionally attached to Tua.

Tua is good and he doesn't deserve all the blame, but he is seriously limited, we need to stop making excuses for him.
I think so. I haven't listened to that podcast all season but based on sampling prior years those guys are extremely invested in Tua and deflective of any criticism of him.

The reason is simple. They spend a ton of time on film evaluation. Once you go that route you have to devote to your strongest opinions, especially when they end up on your favorite team after you had desperately hoped it would play out that way for more than a year.

This is my evolution on Tua:

* Freshman glimpse -- wow, great talent
* Sophomore jolt -- this guy is not nearly as mobile or athletic as I thought
* Junior -- two consecutive seasons 11+ YPA, worth drafting high despite serious injury and not as good a prospect as Burrow
* Rookie -- physically overmatched by the league. Arm is weaker than I sensed from college
* Subsequent -- needs tons of clever patchwork because there will always be remnants of being overmatched by the league

That's about it. I believe in generalities above details. But ckparrothead and others have to be fixated on details, to satisfy their Tua bias and mostly because that's the type of crap the social media and All-22 crowd demands.

Back
Top Bottom