CK sums it up perfectly | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK sums it up perfectly

Yeah, I did that. I watched the game AND stats. What did you do?
Maybe you need glasses. Not going to argue with you. Happen to catch where a pass hit our center's helmet as he was pushed back 8 yards?

CK might as well be a hero round these parts but he's doing the Macarena on the let's toe the line wire so as to not piss anyone off.

What that article basically says is this team needs to be perfect with Tua under center so... I think yall can infer the rest.

You Tuanons gonna stand for that? Frightened of the mighty CK? Come out & play, boys. Where are yah?
Ain't no Hero of mine.

Our schedule and adjustment period for teams to figure out our new window dressing

But last 4 games data was clear -- we struggle offensively against good teams

Also do wonder if Tua's thumb injury factored in. Sure it could be he's just not clutch but we've seen him be clutch in the past.
The Dolphins offensive struggles this year were overwhelmingly in the second half of games. It’s actually staggering how poorly the offense produced in the second half of all their losses except for Tennessee.

This should be a clear sign to everyone that it is in large part due to McDaniel not adjusting to the opponent’s Defensive adjustments coming out of halftime.

The better explanation is that the team simply doesn't have the culture or leadership to bear down and play with sufficient drive and intensity against teams that are making late-season pushes to make the playoffs and get the highest seeds possible
A more parsimonious explanation is that teams are making effective adjustments at halftime and we are failing to counter.

Trying to understand why they didn't use Claypool more. Big, Fast....???

Been on this since last offseason, when I wanted Miami to draft Kraft and Washington at TE.

When I saw them adding more small players instead (Achane and Berrios), I was like, Well, they must have a plan. Let's see how it goes.

It went fine for a while, but vs good teams, who were able to put a lid on the offense and get physical with Hill and Waddle, while setting the edge vs the run, Miami had no counter.

Cold weather only exacerbates the issue.

Miami desperately needs to add tough/physical players who win through you, rather than around you. If they had that balance, defenses would actually be conflicted. While the team building falls some on McDaniel, it's hard for me to fault his playcalling too much, because there's only so much you can do with a finesse-only team. It was very clever of him to build a running game that worked as well as it did.

To play vs the big boys, you need big boys.

I think CK absolutely nailed it. The questions are numerous, starting with whether Tua can kind of reclaim who he was. We know he was always Mr. Clutch. Haven't seen that much this year. Tua always used his eyes so well, but he's been locked into his first read too much this year.

Maybe all the team needs to do is improve the offensive line and the rest kind of falls into place. The Dolphins are the only team in the division that plays in the warm weather, they absolutely have to be versatile enough offensively to take on cold weather games and do well.

This speaks volumes

IMG_7449.jpeg

Miamis peak and best game happened to be the only game their actual starting oline played. Pressures and sacks sky rocket when Connor Williams did not play whether that’s because Williams is that good or Eichenburg is that bad isn’t for me to answer but make of it what you will.

Wasnt it mcdaniel himself who told grier and scouting department to forego olineman and key on skill guys? Why put yourself in this situation in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom