CK sums it up perfectly | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK sums it up perfectly

Yes, when the OL was healthy, life was good. Injuries happened and the nosedive began. Obviously, they need more quality depth on the OL.

This CK guys does make a point about the RB and WR positions. They are talented at what they do, but limited when it comes to those situations where you physically need to overpower your opponent. Maybe Chris Brooks can develop into the player that can get you that 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 when you need to get it, but if not, they need to go get one. WR-wise, they have one guy who can outphysical a defender for a ball - Wilson. He is the only player over 6 foot tall that is dependable. The other 2 are flakes (Chosen & Claypool).

I'm not going to discount OL injuries, but I'll provide some stats I find interesting. For those who want to complain I'm beating a dead horse, you're almost right.
First, my prejudice. Ignoring 'winning' teams. All data for 'losing' teams ignores Car and Was games. I'm skipping 'badly' losing teams. This, IMO, evens out the games.
First 4 games of the season, Miami averaged 18 pts in 1H. 12.5 in 2H. * 2 TD in 1H. 1.75 in 2H. * 13.8 1Ds in 1H. 8.5 in 2H. * 5 3 and outs in 1H. 5 in 2H
Last 4 games Miami averaged 12 pts in 1H. 12.3 in 2H, but that's including 7 and 12 yd drives against Den. * 1.5 TDs in 1H. 1 in 2H. * 10 1D in 1H. 8 in 2H * 3 3 and outs in 1H. 5 in 2H.
In all games, Miami scored more or as many pts in 2H only 4 times. Once was Car, once Den. As many or more TDs 4 times. Once Car, once Den. More 1D in 2H only 4 times. Two were Car and Was. Only twice did they suffer more 3 and outs in 1H.
No way to avoid it. 2H sucked regardless of OL combinations, regardless of mistakes, regardless of injuries to TH et al. Those 'but' arguments are gone. Even 'bad' teams could throttle Miami in 2H, regardless of where the games were played (e.g., Sept vs Nov). And, just my personal opinion, TT doesn't always play worse in 2H. This isn't Miami's couldn't adjust to top teams. Miami couldn't adjust to ANY teams save the worst.
Not saying injuries didn't hurt, but comparing 1H to 2H, injuries don't account for the CONSISTENT difference. And, yes, stats were worse against 'winning' teams, but, even there,the difference between 1H and 2H is obvious.

I'm not going to discount OL injuries, but I'll provide some stats I find interesting. For those who want to complain I'm beating a dead horse, you're almost right.
First, my prejudice. Ignoring 'winning' teams. All data for 'losing' teams ignores Car and Was games. I'm skipping 'badly' losing teams. This, IMO, evens out the games.
First 4 games of the season, Miami averaged 18 pts in 1H. 12.5 in 2H. * 2 TD in 1H. 1.75 in 2H. * 13.8 1Ds in 1H. 8.5 in 2H. * 5 3 and outs in 1H. 5 in 2H
Last 4 games Miami averaged 12 pts in 1H. 12.3 in 2H, but that's including 7 and 12 yd drives against Den. * 1.5 TDs in 1H. 1 in 2H. * 10 1D in 1H. 8 in 2H * 3 3 and outs in 1H. 5 in 2H.
In all games, Miami scored more or as many pts in 2H only 4 times. Once was Car, once Den. As many or more TDs 4 times. Once Car, once Den. More 1D in 2H only 4 times. Two were Car and Was. Only twice did they suffer more 3 and outs in 1H.
No way to avoid it. 2H sucked regardless of OL combinations, regardless of mistakes, regardless of injuries to TH et al. Those 'but' arguments are gone. Even 'bad' teams could throttle Miami in 2H, regardless of where the games were played (e.g., Sept vs Nov). And, just my personal opinion, TT doesn't always play worse in 2H. This isn't Miami's couldn't adjust to top teams. Miami couldn't adjust to ANY teams save the worst.
Not saying injuries didn't hurt, but comparing 1H to 2H, injuries don't account for the CONSISTENT difference. And, yes, stats were worse against 'winning' teams, but, even there,the difference between 1H and 2H is obvious.
Playing well in second halves is less about "adjustments" and more about becoming cohesive and galvanized as a team in the locker room and then taking the field with increased seriousness and intensity to win the game. And that's exactly where this team has problems. The goofball fun and games culture they're all immersed in doesn't lend itself to that.

Playing well in second halves is less about "adjustments" and more about becoming cohesive and galvanized as a team in the locker room and then taking the field with increased seriousness and intensity to win the game. And that's exactly where this team has problems. The goofball fun and games culture they're all immersed in doesn't lend itself to that.

We disagree

Going deeper into the offense plays taking forever to snap, obviously we have a lot of pre snap motion and seems like we are always rushing to get the snap off. And Tua is making sure his guys are where they need to be and watching the motion so much that he really has zero time to analyze the defense and what they are doing. furthermore, he has zero time to adjust and call any audibles. If Tua is going to be a cerebral pocket passer then this a huge piece of his game that he needs to work on and the coaching staff needs to allow/teach him by giving him time to do so.

Right and the thought that this coach is just going to completely 180 and change his personality, approach etc is absurd

This is who he is and this is the type of team this type of approach will be the output of. It's far more likely and structure that's there collapses entirely than something that doesn't exist to solidify

If mcdaniel isn't forced a veteran play calling oc, someone to balance fangio, this is all going nowhere

Let him design the offense and build the positive culture but ffs bring in coaches who will teach techniques and discipline and accountability

CK's come such a long way from that kid posting at the Herald board who I imagined wearing a sweater-vest like he was in the "Mean Street Posse."

Sorry ... something in my eye .... Hey, I'm not crying, you're crying!

Umm... you think he's changed?

That’s a great article and 100% accurate however I think some things would have been different had we been fully healthy, tougher and soft af.

Not the point….this was a 5 year plan that has failed to win a playoff game?

I don’t know about you? But I want and expect better than a round 1 elimination from this 5 year plan and zero playoff wins?
I feel ya, I want more too, but Ive come to learn that with the exception of my wife, I never get what I want.

Back
Top Bottom