Clarrett a Dolphin? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clarrett a Dolphin?

HelloMotto said:
time smime....he ran a 4.59 at y town workout. If you judge a football player strictly on your 40 time then you got alot to learn. I will expect an apology after he is drafted and turns out to be everything and more i have preached about lately. :tongue:

Read my post, Im not as worried about his time as I am about the fact that he quit at the combine. That combined with all the finger pointing and overall attitude makes me think he is somebody we would be better off without. Or, at least somebody on which we do not waste a decent draft pick.

LtDan662002 said:
Agreed! Our running game at The Ohio State University has been crap the last couple years. Ross and Hall couldn't run out of change at a peep show.

That statement is the funniest thing i have read in a while:roflmao:I just can't stop laughing

yankeehillbilly said:
Read my post, Im not as worried about his time as I am about the fact that he quit at the combine. That combined with all the finger pointing and overall attitude makes me think he is somebody we would be better off without. Or, at least somebody on which we do not waste a decent draft pick.

i see your point but M clarett has always given 110 % on the football field. Even though i don't agree with some of the stupid things he does. We'll just have to wait and see what transpires.

Awsi Dooger said:
I think that was 2002 and Gore backed up Willis McGahee, not Clinton Portis. Portis left after the 2001 championship season. Wait, self edit. I think you are right and I blew it. Gore would have started ahead of McGahee in 2002 based on his freshman year in 2001. He blew a knee in spring 2002 and sat out the season. He blew the other knee vs. West Virginia in 2003 and came back healthy, but heavy, last season.

Otherwise, I agree. I don't know all the scoop on Clarett's off-the-field issues, but he makes plays and playmakers who slip are always great value. Like Poole last year. I can think of Brimmer in this draft. Clarett has a terrific lower body and balance. That play he made running down and stripping Sean Taylor after the INT displayed rare desire, ability and instincts. Journeyman athletes who have no shot to play in the NFL will be picked while Maurice Clarett is still on the board.

Mcgahee...soh! Thats who i meant! Portis did leave after the 01' Champ team.

HelloMotto said:
i see your point but M clarett has always given 110 % on the football field. Even though i don't agree with some of the stupid things he does. We'll just have to wait and see what transpires.

thats true for any player selected. There will be a few early round busts and a few late round gems. All anybody can do is to wait and see how they perform.

BTW.....cool sig.

Not only is he slow but he wouldn't pass a physical with that shoulder. He may find himself jobless come Sunday.

Awsi Dooger said:
I'm a huge Canes fan but I just don't agree with that. Ohio State was the team I feared all year long. They were precisely the type of blue collar bully team that Miami historically has trouble with (Penn St '86, Alabama '92) and slightly underestimates. Just because Ohio State struggled with teams Miami would bury didn't mean the Buckeyes couldn't outmuscle and frustrate Miami enough to win. My pick was Ohio State 27 Miami 17. Virtually every Vegas wise guy I knew thought Ohio St was one of the greatest bets they had ever seen, taking up to 14 points. A year earlier these same guys thought Miami would destroy Nebraska.

That Miami center, the Canadian guy who signed with Jacksonville, was one of the reasons I knew we were doomed. The Buckeye defensive interior was far superior athletically to Miami's center and guards. It looked like a physical mauling up front in Ohio State's favor and turned out that way. Plus it didn't help that Miami put up 50 or thereabouts in the final regular season games vs. Syracuse and Virginia Tech. The Canes strolled in expecting a track meet and had no idea points would be at such a premium you couldn't surrender the ball in your own end like Dorsey did so freely in the 2nd quarter.

I spent those holidays in Miami. Dolphin fans and Cane fans are the most unrealistic I have ever seen. LeBatard was seemingly the only person giving Ohio State a chance. He picked Miami by 3. Other media types were giving Miami 40+ points just for showing up. In bars and restaurants I was practically laughed out of the joint when I said Ohio State owned the matchups and would probably win.

The interference call was borderline. You normally don't see calls like that made when the outcome is on the line. But the same ref called interference on Winslow's TD catch during Miami's first OT possession. It was against Doss, I think, and hardly flagrant. The Miami fans who attended the game weren't as pissed at the interference call against Glenn Sharpe as they were the non-call on a push off by the Buckeye WR on 4th and 14 earlier in that possession. TV didn't catch it but apparently it was a brutal non-call.
I must commend you on your entire post. You are seriously the first Cane fan who has given a well thought out take on that game without only saying "the refs gave them that game". Personally I think Gamble was held early in that play moreso than interfered with late in the play. The interference was borderline but IMO he was held without a doubt. Had the ref tossed the flag immediately instead of waiting forever, there would not have been 1/2 the argument.

gofishn said:
Well if you want to get into it, that Miami team was far superior to OSU and should have steamrolled them. Just so happens Dorsey comes back to earth for a game and McGahee gets his knee turned inside out late in the game. We can debate this all day but whatever, I agree with you Clarett has no business being on the fins IMO, but if Nick feels hes worth it, then I trust Nick...for now...

..actually you cant debate it!!!! Check the score......Champs!!!!!!!

I LOVE THE CLARETT IN THE 5th/7th

i saw him play 6 times at OSU including the Fiesta Bowl
and trust me this kid can play

whatever team gets him is a steal because he has first round talent
just like when denver got TD in the 5th years ago

clarett could make that much of an impact for a team!!!!!!!!!

Clarrett is a gamble, but one that could pay off big time. Its like playing craps and putting a bet on the hardways. It can pay off huge! But, it could just be wasted money.

I think hes going to be a superstar, and is worth the risk. He was great at ohio state, and I think his off the field problems are exagerated.

I think hes going to be a superstar, and is worth the risk. He was great at ohio state, and I think his off the field problems are exagerated.
i totally agree

Clarrett is a gamble, but one that could pay off big time. Its like playing craps and putting a bet on the hardways. It can pay off huge! But, it could just be wasted money.
what player in rounds 6 and 7 isnt a gamble???

LdoubleE80 said:
I don't know how many of you listened to Dan Patrick today, but Clarrett said that the Dolphins told him they were going to take a RB somewhere in the mid-later rounds and that he was a guy they were interested in. If you had read the story on Clarrett's workout, you'd have seen that the Dolphins were one of 6 teams with a representative there. Patrick pressed and asked if he thought the Dolphins were the most likely to pick him. Clarrett basically danced around it then.

yeah, just like he SAID to the NCAA he never took benifits from people in college, thus LYING and getting him suspended and in thsi mess in the first place..........................Not only that fact, but does anyone else find it odd that teams, ESPECIALLY us, have been so tight lipped about this draft and yet here come Maurice basically giving away a MAJOR part of our draft plan (not only telling we *allegedly* aren't taking a 1st round runner, but aren't even shooting for one til the mid-late rounds. Do you actually think Saban would tell Maurice WHERE we are taking a RB and that it was going to be him? I don't. I think MAYBE, and its a big maybe, he said something along the lines of willing to give him a shot if they wait that long for RB, but I HIGHLY doubt Saban told him that much detail. Just an opinion, but still............

Back
Top Bottom