Clarrett a Dolphin? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clarrett a Dolphin?

Clarrett Late would be a great pick in my opinion. As far as his character issues? He got screwed over by the Buckeys basically. Got his feelings hurt by the coaches and got caught taking benefits from alumni's and basically turned around and ratted out the college.

So who cares if he sued the NFL to try to let him in the draft ... if you ask me he should of won the case. Seems like a blatent age discrimination case to me.

How would it hurt to bring him in in from the 4th or 5th round? What player do we have starting for us now from the previous 4 drafts from those rounds? Then again, what player do we have on the team from the previous 4 drafts from those rounds? Take him, worst case scenario he ends up on the practice squad, then NFL Europe and then we release him... very much like Henry or probably even Moa...

Pericles349 said:
How would it hurt to bring him in in from the 4th or 5th round? What player do we have starting for us now from the previous 4 drafts from those rounds? Then again, what player do we have on the team from the previous 4 drafts from those rounds? Take him, worst case scenario he ends up on the practice squad, then NFL Europe and then we release him... very much like Henry or probably even Moa...

You're kidding, right?

EVERY second day pick from last year is on the team (regular roster or PS). Our 4th rounder may well be starting at CB this season.

gofishn said:
Where did all these Clarett lovers come from? I thought the consensus was he blows. Looks like quite a few of them hail from Ohio...can't put down the guy that gave them a national championship (even if it was handed to them by a bs pass interference call)

Jesus, get over it already. Miami's center even said if they were as good as they thought they were, it would not have come down to that.

note: if have that game on DVD if you care to review that "BS" call and see it for what it really was. CORRECT(made a big deal because it came in late)

And yes I am a Buckeye fan and NO I don't want Maurice on the Fins!!

knight6jb said:
I am not a Clarett fan, but if Saban drafts him I would let it be, and would except him as a fin. Ricky/Clarett backfield??? We'd have the most mental backfield in the league!:confused:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:HAHAHAHAHA:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::cry::roflmao:

i think this kid has gotten a bad rap. he didnt get along with his college coach, the kid was young and had alot of power all the sudden. ive read articles hearing his side(which the media keeps to themselves) and he seems like he could be a steal to me. mike williams does have better character but is in a similar situation. had clarett ran a 4.4 hed be in the 2nd

LtDan662002 said:
Jesus, get over it already. Miami's center even said if they were as good as they thought they were, it would not have come down to that.

note: if have that game on DVD if you care to review that "BS" call and see it for what it really was. CORRECT(made a big deal because it came in late)

And yes I am a Buckeye fan and NO I don't want Maurice on the Fins!!

Well if you want to get into it, that Miami team was far superior to OSU and should have steamrolled them. Just so happens Dorsey comes back to earth for a game and McGahee gets his knee turned inside out late in the game. We can debate this all day but whatever, I agree with you Clarett has no business being on the fins IMO, but if Nick feels hes worth it, then I trust Nick...for now...

gofishn said:
Well if you want to get into it, that Miami team was far superior to OSU and should have steamrolled them. Just so happens Dorsey comes back to earth for a game and McGahee gets his knee turned inside out late in the game. We can debate this all day but whatever, I agree with you Clarett has no business being on the fins IMO, but if Nick feels hes worth it, then I trust Nick...for now...

If were talking history here .... lol ... sorry couldnt help it.

What comes around goes around, No way they should of won in 83, lol

gofishn said:

I'm a huge Canes fan but I just don't agree with that. Ohio State was the team I feared all year long. They were precisely the type of blue collar bully team that Miami historically has trouble with (Penn St '86, Alabama '92) and slightly underestimates. Just because Ohio State struggled with teams Miami would bury didn't mean the Buckeyes couldn't outmuscle and frustrate Miami enough to win. My pick was Ohio State 27 Miami 17. Virtually every Vegas wise guy I knew thought Ohio St was one of the greatest bets they had ever seen, taking up to 14 points. A year earlier these same guys thought Miami would destroy Nebraska.

That Miami center, the Canadian guy who signed with Jacksonville, was one of the reasons I knew we were doomed. The Buckeye defensive interior was far superior athletically to Miami's center and guards. It looked like a physical mauling up front in Ohio State's favor and turned out that way. Plus it didn't help that Miami put up 50 or thereabouts in the final regular season games vs. Syracuse and Virginia Tech. The Canes strolled in expecting a track meet and had no idea points would be at such a premium you couldn't surrender the ball in your own end like Dorsey did so freely in the 2nd quarter.

I spent those holidays in Miami. Dolphin fans and Cane fans are the most unrealistic I have ever seen. LeBatard was seemingly the only person giving Ohio State a chance. He picked Miami by 3. Other media types were giving Miami 40+ points just for showing up. In bars and restaurants I was practically laughed out of the joint when I said Ohio State owned the matchups and would probably win.

The interference call was borderline. You normally don't see calls like that made when the outcome is on the line. But the same ref called interference on Winslow's TD catch during Miami's first OT possession. It was against Doss, I think, and hardly flagrant. The Miami fans who attended the game weren't as pissed at the interference call against Glenn Sharpe as they were the non-call on a push off by the Buckeye WR on 4th and 14 earlier in that possession. TV didn't catch it but apparently it was a brutal non-call.

The image that sticks in my head of Clarett was during his freshman season and he is on the sideline cursing the Ohio St. RBs coach out. I don't want him no where near the Dolphins, no matter how good or bad he ultimately turns out to be.

Like I said, I'm not here advocating Clarrett as a pick, but I want no part of Gore. NFL running back careers last an average of 3 years. What do you think the average is for NFL running backs who come into the league who have already had 2 ACL tears?

yankeehillbilly said:
Well, since few if any of us were at the combine, and there doesnt seem to be any contradictory reports, we kinda have to go by what the media says, dont we? That is unless we are to believe that the media has conspired to ruin Mr. Clarett's career.

Thats 3 sources that say he gave up, how many have you got that say he didnt quit?

time smime....he ran a 4.59 at y town workout. If you judge a football player strictly on your 40 time then you got alot to learn. I will expect an apology after he is drafted and turns out to be everything and more i have preached about lately. :tongue:

truduffaholic said:
clarrett = cecil collins

o well, im all for clarette being a dolphins!

collins was a freakin rapist/freak how can you compare someone that needs money and accepts some free money (services etc) and gets caught, to a thug like collins. clarett has never been threat to a fellow human being. He is just a kid that made some bad decisions. I think this whole process has matured his butt. It may have been what he needed. and as i stated before M. Clarett was burn't out during the combine. It was reported that he was still working out up to the day of the combine. You could tell by looking at him he was tired. He had nothing to gain by continuing to run thru the drills. And the truth be told i bet his agent instructed him to stop competing. His bad rap will make for a good 2nd day pickup for the fins. I think some of you know it alls should wait till he actually puts on a uniform before you judge. You will be pleasantly surprised. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom