Clay signs offer sheet from Bills | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay signs offer sheet from Bills

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley
If the Dolphins match Clay's offer sheet, they almost have to give Ryan Tannehill an extension before the start of the 2016 league year.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Dolphins tried to get Charles Clay for $6.75m per year. Now, as @viccarucci said, they'd have to match a 5-year, $38m deal.

$20 million made from Pegula's poisonous and flammable tap water companies.

Must Miami give the identical contract to Clay year for year in order to retain him, or does the contract just have to be equivalent in total amount/years?

If the Fins are forced to give the identical offer, I see him going to Buffalo. If he Dolphins can restructure the contract a little (not less value, just shifting money around) I can see him coming back.

March is verbatim. Essentially you are taking the Bills contract and putting a MIA logo on it

Let him move on and make his money.Losing him is not the end of the world for us.I wish him well.

The Bleacher Report is reporting 5 years, $38M. Way too steep.

Vic Carucci of The Buffalo News reported Clay signed an offer sheet from the Bills, which the Dolphins have five days to match. Carruci reported the offer sheet is for five years and $38 million, with $20 million guaranteed.

NFL.com's Michael Silver reported the Dolphins' final offer to Clay was for $27 million over the next four years, with under $15 million guaranteed.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...uzz-and-speculation-surrounding-free-agent-te

I expect that we let him walk. In hindsight it would have been smarter to use the franchise tag on him, but we probably wouldn't have ended up with Jordan Cameron.

I would let him walk after that ridiculous contract structure that Whaley gave him.

Have at it Buffalo.

Tannenbaum needs to pivot and fill some holes over the next ten days.

Damn no wonder he signed it. Basically $24 million guaranteed. $10 million more than we offered. Good for Clay, he earned it.

No he really didn't earn that type of contract. Good for our team to stick to there guns and the offer we gave Clay was more than fair. That's a crazy deal Buffalo put for a TE that had one breakout year and coming off of an injury plagued season. SMH...

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley
Worth noting one last time: The Dolphins are in this predicament because they tried to save $1.2 million this year.

he is about to raise that middle finger at us..... you cant let that happen!!!
ryan2.jpg

I doubt we match i thought you could structure the deal as you wanted but if we have to pay 24 mil in 2 years forget that. Good player but buffalo can have him with nobody at QB

Back
Top Bottom