Clay signs offer sheet from Bills | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay signs offer sheet from Bills

March is verbatim. Essentially you are taking the Bills contract and putting a MIA logo on it

Do the Dolphins still have the option to pull the tag and sign Clay to a long term deal? Or was that off the table when the offer sheet was signed?

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley · 57s 57 seconds ago
Worth noting one last time: The Dolphins are in this predicament because they tried to save $1.2 million this year.

REBUTTAL: The Fins never wanted Clay at even 7 million. They wanted to assess his murky market and see what it was…I am sure they were hoping for a longterm deal with a cap charge of less than 7 million let alone the 8 million franchise tag.

Beasley KEEPS harping on this idea and it so frustrating.

I like Clay…I like him as a player and love the guy. Good for him. But as a Miami Dolphin fan…there is 0% chance they should match that. He's a good player…not an elite player…which is what he's getting paid to be. Buffalo is getting a good player no doubt about it…they are also drastically overpaying

Brother Nick I respect your opinion but we have to move on. I would like to see us pick up some more help for this team for the O line.
I agree after understanding the structure has to be the same. We can't afford 24 mill in 2 years. I think it is essential we get a WR early in the draft now

Nope match the deal in 5 days or move on

Wow. The Dolphins aren't going to match that. If they were that nuts for Clay, they would have tagged him and hammered out a long term deal. It will be interesting to see how letting Clay walk for Jordan pans out. It will be a definitive move for the Dolphins FO that will be referenced time and time again, for better or for worse.

Regardless, it is going to suck going against Clay 2x a year.

Forced the Bills to spend that paper if nothing else. Love Charles Clay, but I would rather have him be overpaid somewhere else. Dion Sims is dope and a lot of people wanted him even before we got him. Give the kid a chance or draft Clive.

Poor Clay will have to end up blocking on pass plays with that line.

Good luck in Buffalo, Charles "His momma named him" Clay. I had such high hopes for him here. Can't fault the man for wanting to get paid though. :(

[video=youtube;sZywE0AT1qY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZywE0AT1qY[/video]

Back
Top Bottom