Clay signs offer sheet from Bills | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay signs offer sheet from Bills

It took them a week to find someone in Buffalo who knew how to do the math?

Think Cameron is an upgrade anyways. Would've been nice to have Clay as a 1b, but Buffalo can have him for that much. He just isn't worth it

And miami can make moves like cut Wake with no cap hit at all. 8 mill saved

I'd match. You can structure the year by year as you want I'm sure just as long as the money guaranteed and the total money matches

I thought you had to match the exact offer?

he is about to raise that middle finger at us..... you cant let that happen!!!
ryan2.jpg

Clay signs 5-year, $38M offer sheet with BUF
Dolphins transition player Charles Clay signed a five-year, $38 million offer sheet with the Bills.
Per the Buffalo News, the deal includes a whopping $20 million guaranteed. The Dolphins now have five days to match. They will receive no compensation if they pass. It's the culmination of a week-long odyssey that's seen the AFC East rivals jockey over the H-back whilst remaking their rosters at tight end. The Bills have released Scott Chandler, while Miami signed Jordan Cameron. The Buffalo News has previously reported there's a "90 percent chance" Clay ends up a Bill. NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Dolphins' final offer to Clay was for four years and $27 million, and included $15 million guaranteed.

No you match the exact offer. He is gone guys.
Letting him go is the right move

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Damn no wonder he signed it. Basically $24 million guaranteed. $10 million more than we offered. Good for Clay, he earned it.

Match it. Can't let talent go to a divisional rival.

It may be addition by subtraction. The Bills are going to guarantee 25 million the first two years and it may prevent them from improving other aspects of their team.

And miami can make moves like cut Wake with no cap hit at all. 8 mill saved

I'd match. You can structure the year by year as you want I'm sure just as long as the money guaranteed and the total money matches
Brother Nick I respect your opinion but we have to move on. I would like to see us pick up some more help for this team for the O line.

Well if were willing to pay 7, why not .6 more

edit: damn those cap hits by year are crazy.

No ****ing way we dump that kinda cash into Clay and Cameron....Wtf has the NFL come to when you pay high dollars for such mediocracy.

Must Miami give the identical contract to Clay year for year in order to retain him, or does the contract just have to be equivalent in total amount/years?

If the Fins are forced to give the identical offer, I see him going to Buffalo. If he Dolphins can restructure the contract a little (not less value, just shifting money around) I can see him coming back.

They have to match entire contract structure and everything

Didn't see this post yet. If thats the case, I guess you guys get your man!

Do the Dolphins have the option to pull the tag and sign Clay to a long term deal? Or is that off the table with the offer sheet being signed?

Back
Top Bottom