CNN/SI preview | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CNN/SI preview

I did a search on the SI website for Jacob Luft. Out of the 27 articles his name was associated with only five were related to football, one to hockey, and twenty-one to baseball . It looks like he's a baseball writer to me. I question why SI would choose a baseball writer to analyze the most competitive division in the NFL. I guess Dr. Z was too busy drinking wine and critiquing restaurants to be bothered. And what about Peter King? Did he spill his Starbuck's double decaf half espressofaggo grande latte on his keyboard?

Originally posted by JackMeehov
And what about Peter King? Did he spill his Starbuck's double decaf half espressofaggo grande latte on his keyboard?

Nah ... he was too wrapped up in his daughter's field hockey game. But he was watching his daughter! Honest!

alot of teams would fake the run blitz just to make it look like they were going all out to stop the run but would then drop back in coverage after the snap. A delayed Draw would expose that but it wasn't called much.

Originally posted by JackMeehov
I did a search on the SI website for Jacob Luft. Out of the 27 articles his name was associated with only five were related to football, one to hockey, and twenty-one to baseball . It looks like he's a baseball writer to me. I question why SI would choose a baseball writer to analyze the most competitive division in the NFL. I guess Dr. Z was too busy drinking wine and critiquing restaurants to be bothered. And what about Peter King? Did he spill his Starbuck's double decaf half espressofaggo grande latte on his keyboard?

Impressive work, good idea, and now we know to ignore this report..Thanks

:eat:

Re: THAT'S WHY YOU DRIVE A JEEP.........

Originally posted by JAKE91

AND I DRIVE A CADILLAC.
THIS POST HAS TO BE THE MOST RIDICULOUS YET THIS YEAR, FROM AN ALLEGED DOLPHIN FAN.
TIME TO CHOOSE ANOTHER TEAM, PAL. YOU ARE CLUELESS!

:jetssuck:

Just because I choose to look at the team without wearing the rose colored glasses does not make me any less of a Dolfan than you pal.

Your personal insult on the vehicle you think I drive and my loyalty towards this team is not appreciated and should be addressed by the mods here..

I have stated for over 3 years, that Wanny is not a good coach and Feidler tries to forces too many plays and gives up the INT too easily.. In my OPINION... these are the two weakest links on this team..

Right now we are all hyped up looking forward to the start of the season all because we added some veteran depth to our team.. I think its enough to take us to the Super Bowl and thats why I am so excited.. but let me ask you one question... Lets assume Ricky goes down with an ACL tear on his very first run.. Lets assume Jr's ankles start bothering him.. Lets assume Sammy is really too slow and gets burned on some long plays.. How far will this team go with Feidler leading the team, having to rely on the pass??? and before you answer "All the way Baby" without really thinking it through..

Think about all the times in the past that Feidler drops back to pass and you are instantly consumed with that INT fear.. Or think about all the times Miami had 2 plays to gain one yard and was shut down.. And lastly... think about those 3 dreaded words.. "3 and out"...

I dont normally go around fearing for the worst.. my life is not consumed with looking at the glass as being half empty.. Its more like the last 30 years (and counting) I have had great hopes going into the regular season, only to be disappointed at the end of the season.... and yes.. in my younger less mature years, I too had that unconditional love/blindness thinking we were destined for a Super Bowl win..

If my ability to show some reserve and look at this team objectively makes me clueless, then I guess I am clueless.. but I would much rather be clueless than some moron that runs around insulting people that dont share their same point of views...

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
The guy that wrote on Miami went far beyond speaking his opinion....he's clearly making an attempt to be provocative in his rips on Wanny, Fiedler, etc. I'll save his article and mail it to him after we win the Super bowl or have a great season.

Wanny has accomplished alot more in his career than this boob.

Agreed. I mean really...

...If this team starts out 0-4 and it gets Wannstedt fired, that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. They would have enough time to get back into the playoff race under a better coach (read: anybody)...

The idea that "anybody" is better than Wanny is just smack, but this guys is supposed to be evaluating the team for all of the non-die-hards out there & he acts like Wanny once crapped in his Cheerios...

Of all the headcoaches out there, I would rather have (for sure):

Gruden
Reid
Parcells
Holmgren (not sure really)
Martz

MAYBE, I wouldn't mind so much if these guys were coach ( & I include Wanny in this group)

Lewis (Marvin)
Mariucci
Belicheck
Vermeil
Callahan
Fisher
Fassell
Herm Edwards
Dungy
Billick (smugness is ok when it's on your team:D )
Butch Davis
Shanahan (see Billick)
Haslett

But I DEFINITELY prefer Wanny to these guys:

Cowher
Greg Williams
Schottenheimer
Erickson
Capers
Tice
Spurrier
Sherman
Reeves
Jauron
Fox
Del Rio
McGinnis

This probably needs its own thread....:rolleyes:

does it matter if he is a baseball writer ? what he said was true the fins start out blowing everyone away in the begining of the season : TRUE

Jim Mandich, Joe Rose, Steve Goldstien, Howard David and all the crew on QAM aniont the Fins to win the divison every year, they rant and rave that they are the best team in the AFC EAST: TRUE

The fins are the beast of the east when playing in Sept in the smoldering heat in Miami and they are tough to beat: TRUE

the fins are not a good road team: TRUE

buy winning those game in early sept they find a way to get into the playoffs and then get blown away when they get there: TRUE

don't get me wrong I'm not taking trash here but this happens all the time with the fins.. TRUE

Like I have always said when I post here, the team that plays well towards the end of the season and takes care of business on the road, wins the important games in the div will win the EAST...

why are the fins fans mad at that guy... he is not making this up

Mr. Luft is a GROUNDHOG. Why does he have to slap us(the readers) in the face with that again. Maybe he's Madden in disguise.

Nyrican ... look at the posts on page two ... the exception taken was not due to his opinions, but the way they were presented. From a columnist perspective, many of his assertions (the defense is overhyped, ANYONE is a better coach than Wannstedt, etc.) are unfounded, unexplained and inflammatory.

Most rational fans on here don't mind reading a well-thought-out criticism of the Dolphins, but the tone of this article was more of a smack posting in a forum than a legitimate divisional preview.

I understand but to me as a fan of the AFC EAST and the New York Football Jets I don't see it as trash talk..

Your right ,as a journalist he should have expressed his opinion
in a different tone..

AFC EAST RULES

The Doc said it the best. And, "Yes, the doctor will see you now sir."

#1- There is a difference. This guy is a CNN/SI reporter, not a local media reporter. The NY/NJ media is even worse then ours, so dont start. This is susposed to be an unbiased outsider, not a broadcaster of the local area. And no, those guys arent quite homers, either.

#2- Point? None? Oh, right, ok.

#3- I dont know what time frame you are putting this in, and from the looks of it, neither do you. Bad road team? As in what? We're better at home then on the road? Well, man, that certainly makes us, and virtually every other team in the league a bad team. Last year we were bad on the road, but last year for alot of those road games we also had a specific player playing.

#4- No, it's mostly because the rest of the division sucks, actually.

#5- You're basically repeating your entire argument in a single sentance, and then claiming it's true, after you already claimed each individual breakdown of the English language was true in the first place. What was this all about? Trying to make it look like you had more of a point by adding an extra true?

I dont mind that we have trolls. I like it sometimes. I just ask we get decent trolls. These ones arent cutting it.

with respects to the ny media i know how the new york media can be so dont even go there , the ny media is harsh on the ny teams when they stink, when they are good they give them their props.

but living here in south florida i have learned that when the fish or any other florida teams are playing poorly they blame it on the refs, the injured players and so forth..

don't take my word for it just listen to Pat Riley when the heat were losing those tough games..

and last year when the fins lost those games they were blaming Ray lLucas... Ray Lucas did not loose all those games for the fish all by himself the defense helped him too..

the media was all over Ray Lucas, and so were the fans, it got to the point when there were fans on qam crying to have Sage Rosenfels to come in as qb... come on...

Re: THAT'S WHY YOU DRIVE A JEEP.........

Originally posted by JAKE91

AND I DRIVE A CADILLAC.
THIS POST HAS TO BE THE MOST RIDICULOUS YET THIS YEAR, FROM AN ALLEGED DOLPHIN FAN.
TIME TO CHOOSE ANOTHER TEAM, PAL. YOU ARE CLUELESS!

:jetssuck:

Not cool, jake91.......I'm going to give you a warning but, I have a feeling I already have done this before......I'm going to check that now.....I would suggest that you use this time to apologize to jeep.....it may help....

TOO LATE!!!

Just kidding...:D

This is your first warning, take it with a grain of salt and cool it the personal attacks.....an apology would still be good too.

Back
Top Bottom