Coach From Finheaven | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach From Finheaven

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
GoodDylan suggested in another thread that someone from here should coach the team. Who do you believe would be our best candidate based on what they post?

CK hands down. I sent him a message years back that I wish he would become a scout for the team.

If we're tanking, I'll throw my hat in the ring. Disclaimer: I think I'm actually better than Rich Kotite.

Although he doesnt post very often these days @FearTheBeard would've been a strong candidate for HC, would've needed strong OC and DC but his overall roster plans always made alot of sense and included alot of alternatives...

Bumpus, please.

In all seriousness, coaching football is hard, but I'd give some of our posters a shot at being NFL General Managers. Every football fan I've ever met has felt like a random fan off the street could do as good of a job as many NFL General Managers. And I think there's something to that: the job is so unbelievably difficult -- and has such an element of random projection -- that unless you are truly gifted at that particular sort of thing, you're basically just throwing darts at a board. It's not that an average football fan could do BETTER, but that they could do as badly as someone like Jeff Ireland. No, OK, I think a lot of people here could do a better job than Jeff Ireland.

The key thing for that kind of job is creativity. The capacity to look at the problems your team faces and then think outside of a rigid mold, or challenge your own notions about what you need to do in a given situation. I think our coaching search is a great example of this, with the team laser focused on coordinators from the Carroll/Parcells coaching families. No rumors or scuttlebutt about any college coaches or exploring for trades hot seat coaches, etc. Why not call Minnesota and see if Mike Zimmer is available? They won't give him an extension and he's a lame duck. Would that be too creative for your average NFL meathead GM? I guess so.

I'm with NBP. I'd give a fan like j-off a shot at running a team for a year. What's the worst that can happen? You have a crappy football team again? Wow, that would sure be a change of pace for about half of the NFL, wouldn't it?

Are you really telling me Hayden Fox HC and Tedslimm JR as Vp of Ops/GM can’t do better than our past regimes?

Hayden told you Philbin was a bum!

Hayden told you Lamar Miller was better than Trent Richardson.

Hayden patiently tried to develop Tannehill.

Hayden told you Lazier, Sherman, Daboll and Burke were hot garbage.

Back
Top Bottom