Coaches Coaches Coaches | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaches Coaches Coaches

I don't want either Mora, but at least pop Mora knew how to blast his team when they stank. You gotta love a guy who says diddly poo.

I'm willing to consider Stoops and Saban, but I don't really see any other names coming up that seem like good ideas. At least somebody hasn't mentioned George Siefert... :)

None of those guys will be coaching the 'Fins next year and here's why:

-Carroll's an awesome coach but he loves coaching USC right now and there's about a snowball's chance in Hell that he leaves that gig for any Pro job any time in the near future. I'm a huge Pac 10 fan and I listen to Carroll all the time out here and there's really almost no chance that he'll leave the gig he has now; he just loves it too much.

-Green is yet another retread coach who couldn't get the job done with one of the most talented offensive squads the NFL has ever seen about 5 years ago. He also completely lost that team towards the end and that is a really bad thing for any coach- especially in the Pros. BTW, there's a reason the guy's still available after two years of not coaching; we don't want him here.

-Saban has practically been gift wrapped for Chicago if he goes to the pros at all. He has a good thing going in LSU so he may not even leave. He's also not a "fiery" coach which is something most Wanny haters have been screaming bloody murder for since he's been here. Saban's a "player's" coach and that probably isn't what Miami needs right now.

-Stoops is intriguing but I'm not sure that guy wants to leave Oklahoma. He's considered one of the greatest coaching minds in the collegiate ranks right now but look what's happened to the two latest guys to jump ship from "Collegiate Coaching Genius" to the pros: Spurrier and Butch Davis. Both have turned out to be nothing more than mediocre pro coaches and both look like they'll be coaching college football here again sooner rather than later. Neither one could make it in the pros and I'm not sure Stoops wants to take the chance of looking like a complete fool.

-A guy I'd still love to see in here despite his recent shortcomings, is Ty Willingham. Notre Dame is a team that overachieved in a big way last year- mainly due to his influence- and now their lack of talent has simply caught up with them. Very few coaches do as much with as little but there's almost no way the guy jumps ranks to the pros; he still has something to prove in Notre Dame so I doubt he'd leave even if a Dan Snyder to Steve Spurrier like offer was presented to him.

Basically, I don't think any one of the guys listed above will be coaching the Dolphins next year. I don't think Wanny will be either and I hope Turner doesn't get the call so, basically, I have no clue who's going to get the call; let's just hope he's better than what we have now.

Oh God, if Turner gets the gig I may take a year off from Miami. This team needs someone new for it's fans and excitement almost as much as the players.

You can just see it on their faces, they're done with Wanny.

I completely forgot about Willingham. He is a fiery inspirational coach as well. Reminds me of a better version of Herman Edwards.

Originally posted by Jaj
I completely forgot about Willingham. He is a fiery inspirational coach as well. Reminds me of a better version of Herman Edwards.

Willingham's awesome but he's not leaving ND until they're respectable again for a sustained period of time. The impression that I get from him is that he's a guy that wants to ensure that he never does anythign half-assed and leaving the Irish the way they are right now would be a half-assed job.

BTW, there's not a single retread coach that I can think of that would be good for this team right now. Heck, I can't even think of a single coordinator that I'd want for the 'Fins right now; I'm at a loss.

I did say Jim Mora. And why not?

What are Dolphins fans crying for? Someone who will call out the team after a loss and say "5 TURNOVERS ARE UNACCEPTABLE!"

Hell, get on kazaa and look for "JIM MORA RANT" -- I'm listening to one of his famous rants right now.

On Turnovers: "I don't care who you play, whether its a high school team, a junior college team, a college team, MUCH LESS an NFL team, when you turn the ball over FIVE TIMES... FOUR INTERCEPTIONS... one for a touchdown, 3 others in field position to set up touchdowns, you ain't gonna beat anybody I just talked about, anybody. We threw that game, we gave it away. We gave 'em the friggin' game. In my opinion, that sucked. You can't turn the ball over 5 times like that. Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think we are when we do something like that. Unbelievable! 5 turnovers!"

"We've still got 6 games to play, no telling what might happen. I mean it's absolutely pitiful to perform like that, PITIFUL. If our defense hadn't played halfway decent against a great offensive football team, they might have scored 60!"

Don't you wish Wannstedt would come out and say that after today's loss? Yeah, I think we all do. But what is Wanny going to say? "We need to get better, and I have confidence in these guys to get better."

"All I know is, we threw four interceptions and fumbled once. One interception they returned for a touchdown. Three others were in our end of the field where they scored points. That's all I know." <--- Note this one is probably my favorite, as he's furiously pounding the podium as he rattles off the turnovers.

"Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. You kiddin' me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game... another game..."

And of course, this famous gem from his tenure with the Saints:

"We couldn't do diddly poo offensively. We couldn't make a first down, we couldn't run the ball, we didn't try to run the ball. We couldn't complete a pass, we sucked. In the second half, we sucked. We couldn't stop the run, every time they got the ball, they went down and got points. We got our asses totally kicked in the second half, it was a horse**** performance in the second half, horse****. I'm totally embarrassed and totally ashamed. Our coaching did a horrible job, the players did a horrible job, we got our asses kicked in that second half. It sucked."

Oh, I like his son, too. Saw him on the NFL network this week. Apparently during a 49ers game, the opposing team had the ball at the 49er 1-yard line. Mora took exception with a call one of the refs made, and actually came out onto the field and cussed out the official. He got called for a personal foul, and when asked about it, I loved his response: "Well, they already had the ball at our one yard line, so what the hell were the refs going to do? Give them the touchdown?"

I think the Dolphins could use either of these guys. The team really needs some fire, and it needs to start at the top.

Maurice Carthon. A very experience but only 41 year old coach. O coach for the Cowboys, you know the one that went from last to one of the top in the NFL.

OK Forget all those names mentioned I know who can be the savior, None other then Greg Williams, he will be available after this season also :lol:

Man it's bad enough to have to deal with the Bills druing the season now they will probably be after the same headcoaches

MORA!!!!????????? :eek:

You have to be kidding me! The guy was a total pile of crap as a coach and about as emotionally unstable as Courtney Love!! I'd rather keep Wanny around for the next 100 years than bring that 99 year-old, retread, loser, whining, moron "coach" in here to make things worse than they already are! Dude, put the bong away and get some fresh air; that notion is just sick!!
:bong: :barf:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am telling you Maurice Carthon is an excellent guy for the job. Parcells guys are always succesful damn it.

I don't know. I would do everything I could to get Tyrone Willingham here.

It's too bad that a lot of the reason we would like Willingham is the reason he wouldn't even consider ditching Notre Dame...that's irony for ya.

A name that has been floating around for a couple of years is Ted Cottrell.
I don't know much about him. Anyone help out?

Originally posted by Mr. Pink
All bad options. Pete Carroll? NO THANK YOU. Fans just wouldn't stand for that.

Dennis Green? He's a player's coach. The team is a bunch of gutless, spoiled creampuffs... Green would make things infinitely worse.

They need some hard-*** ex-marine who isn't afraid to let 'er rip. I'm thinking Jim Mora, Tom Coughlin, you name it.

When you have Dolphins players saying in the paper that they *want* their coach to rip on them, you know it's time to get someone who isn't such a *****.

Agree. But no Jim Mora please, Thanks :)

I like Mora. He brought the Saints to respectability and helped an ailing Colts franchise. Call him what you want, but when the Dolphins players tell the media they "think it would be good for the coach to blow up on them," I begin to think they need someone with some emotion in charge.

Back
Top Bottom