Coaches Coaches Coaches | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaches Coaches Coaches

I don't care who coaches the Dolphins next year, as long as it isn't Wannstedt. And it better not be another "nice" coach.

Look at the Detroit Red Wings, Scotty Bowman turned that franshise around and now they are coached by the "nice" Dave Lewis and what did Lewis do with the defending champs? Well, he lost in the first round and has the Red Wings off to a terrible start.

Here is an interesting article from the Detroit paper:
The next time the Red Wings think about stagnating for an extended stretch, they need to remember two words.

Scotty Bowman.

The wise elder is still lurking around the organization as a trusted counsel, and don't think for one second that owner Mike Ilitch wouldn't consider approaching him about one final, final curtain call should drastic action become necessary. The Wings have it good right now. They enjoy playing for Dave Lewis. He demands professionalism and expects precision without the mind-numbing paranoia of Bowman, his Hall of Fame predecessor. But the players let him down during a five-game winless streak that was as much an indictment of effort as it was execution. And that won't be tolerated.

Maybe Wayne should call Shula to give this team a lashing. :)

Cottrell is a guy the players love to play for. However, he doesn't seem to have the aptitude to be a coach in the NFL. He's better as a coordinator I've heard. (of course noone has given him a chance to prove he could be a HC)

I like a young guy with some fervor to get in here. Someone with their own system, way of doing things and schemes that will make adjustments and be anything but the vanilla team we've become.

Someone who would clean house would be great, make everyone think their job is on the line, make them earn their jobs and their money. If not, get the hell out. I don't care if you've been to a Pro Bowl or not, make some frigging plays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It's difficult for a young **** to get up after a disappointment like that" - Lou Holtz

I am telling you look at how the Cowboys OL is playing. That Parcells' boy has made a very underachieving line do awesome work.

Originally posted by Jaj
I am telling you look at how the Cowboys OL is playing. That Parcells' boy has made a very underachieving line do awesome work.

You said it....

They were underachievers...

You have to be capable of achieving.

Our line is not.

So what do you think of those ****s.

I wonder what the cheerleaders think of those young ****s...

Of the university of south carolina university.

They have played the greatest team in the history of college football like 9 times already this year.

Found a new candidate for our coach. The Cowboys D coach. Supposedly a smart guy. Name is Zimmer. Parcells kept him since he was impressed with him, that is saying something. Uses smaller linebackers just like us.

I would say these are our top 3.

1- Stoops
2- Willingham
3- Probably Cowboys Carthon

Hurricanes fans Larry Coker?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Monte Kiffin or Pittsburgh OC. Bottom line the next HC needs new blood at special teams coach or OL Coach....

How about, Joe Bugel or Joe Avezzano to start????

Another option for HC would Jim Schwartz DC for the Titans

No I think anybody that takes that underachieving piece of **** Cowboys offense of last year and makes them this good needs consideration. The guy is only 41 too so he is new blood.

If you want the other end of the spectrum Dan Reeves.

I'll toss out a dark horse:

Mike Holmgren

I'm not a big fan, but he is more proven than any college coach and might just be on the market if the Seahawks keep losing to teams like Washington...

Nah I think Mike Holgren is gonna be there a couple more years. Also matters what we are going to do. If we take a people's coach like a Marriuci we need to keep many of the veterans. If we take a discipline coach which I am in favor of we could get alot of young hungry players.

As for Stoops beating Texas AM. They could have beaten them even worse I have to say. Just a one time thing and I am sure that is over with.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That's it!! That's who I want!

No one else!

And just because Jim Moron went on tirades after his team lost, doesn't make him a good coach. Remember all those times we beat the Colts when he was coaching them?? WANNSTEDT outcoached him!
The only difference between Wannstedt and Mora is Mora is animated AFTER they coach horribly and lose as opposed to Wannstedt never getting animated at all.

Mike Ditka....this team would win a SuperBowl next year under him for sure.

Haha....if you get dicka, you better hope he isn't in charge of the draft. He was responsible for some pretty bad drafts in new orleans.

Originally posted by Saint Greg
Haha....if you get dicka, you better hope he isn't in charge of the draft. He was responsible for some pretty bad drafts in new orleans.

Hey, we can't complain about Ditka's draft...worked out pretty well for us!

Back
Top Bottom