Coaching Candidate Tracker | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Candidate Tracker

Why don’t we hire dual HCs? McDaniel and Moore? McDaniel and Harbaugh? Harbaugh and Moore? Pederson and Harbaugh? It worked so well w the OCs I think we should try it.
It really wouldn't surprise me if we end up with that. The dual OC hiring last year basically showed we had no ability to function as a football team. Still can't believe that happened.

If we don't sign Harbaugh, it could mean a few things happened

Ross, truly loves Michigan more than the Dolphins, as we havnt even officially interviewed him.

OR

Grier, in an attempt to save his job pushed for McDaniel so hard Ross gave in, because he thinks Harbaugh will either ask for his termination or will simply be handed full control of the roster.

Or

Harbaugh didn't even want this job, which is sad as hell

McDaniel has a weird story, hes a genius, literally he is, as a 5th grader he wrote an article on molecular biology that was published in popular mechanics. Hes been around football his entire life but has little experience being an OC and zero experience as a HC. Hes a recovering alcoholic. Apperently he claims he can help Tua by "having a quicker passing game" which makes no sense bc we had the quickest passing game in the league last year and could hardly score points.

I was okay with McDaniel for the last week or so but after thinking on it, I dont think he's ready, hes just not experianced enough. He may be a great coach one day but I just think its too soon.

Also why havnt we interviewed Pederson by now?

Because Pederson sucks.As long as you have name recognition your happy.Did anybody ever hear of S.Mcvay
before he became head coach?How about Lafleur or Z,Taylor.

It really wouldn't surprise me if we end up with that. The dual OC hiring last year basically showed we had no ability to function as a football team. Still can't believe that happened.
michael jackson halloween GIF by Vevo

Ross, truly loves Michigan more than the Dolphins, as we havnt even officially interviewed him.

OR

Grier, in an attempt to save his job pushed for McDaniel so hard Ross gave in, because he thinks Harbaugh will either ask for his termination or will simply be handed full control of the roster.

Or

McDaniel has a weird story, hes a genius, literally he is, as a 5th grader he wrote an article on molecular biology that was published in popular mechanics. Hes been around football his entire life but has little experience being an OC and zero experience as a HC. Hes a recovering alcoholic. Apperently he claims he can help Tua by "having a quicker passing game" which makes no sense bc we had the quickest passing game in the league last year and could hardly score points.

I was okay with McDaniel for the last week or so but after thinking on it, I dont think he's ready, hes just not experianced enough. He may be a great coach one day but I just think its too soon.

If we hire Harbaugh, he isn’t going to answer to Grier. He’s experienced and Ross is more likely to lean towards his head coach than Grier. Whereas if we hire McDaniel or Moore, they are inexperienced first time head coaches and Grier will be the man and Ross will lean towards Grier like he has done with Flores. So if Grier wants to retain the most sway and control he won’t want Harbaugh in the building, but if he is a collaborative person and doesn’t mind handing off, then maybe he won’t mind Harbaugh in the building taking away some of his sway and control.

Personally I think Harbaugh is the best candidate for us because he won’t take no **** from Grier or Ross. Whereas McDaniel or Moore, perhaps, will be more inclined to being more accommodating because they are just making their way in the game.

OR

Or

The early rumor was Ross was the one favoring McDaniel.

If Harbaugh returns to the NFL and it's not to the Dolphins, Stephen Ross can't undo that kind of embarrassment. If "Your guy" turns you do, you have to sell the team. Not a knee jerk reaction or an emotional take here. I just don't think he can live down not getting Harbaugh. And he put all the pressure on himself with his stupid comments.

If Harbaugh returns to the NFL and it's not to the Dolphins, Stephen Ross can't undo that kind of embarrassment. If "Your guy" turns you do, you have to sell the team. Not a knee jerk reaction or an emotional take here. I just don't think he can live down not getting Harbaugh. And he put all the pressure on himself with his stupid comments.
But who says that’s his guy? Early in the process, he told a reporter he wasn’t interested in taking Harbaugh away from Michigan. Since then, the only report on a Harbaugh to Miami connection has come from a blogger on Twitter that no one has ever heard of. There has been no mention of Miami interest in Harbaugh outside of that tweet. All of these articles that are claiming there is interest, are all based off of that one tweet

But who says that’s his guy? Early in the process, he told a reporter he wasn’t interested in taking Harbaugh away from Michigan. Since then, the only report on a Harbaugh to Miami connection has come from a blogger on Twitter that no one has ever heard of. There has been no mention of Miami interest in Harbaugh outside of that tweet. All of these articles that are claiming there is interest, are all based off of that one tweet

And common sense. I don't need a newly published report to tell me that Stephen Ross wants Jim Harbaugh as the coach of the Dolphins

Flores going through the Gase treatment post firing. Media declared him the best coaching candidate of the cycle. He winds up with a crappy job.
Teams that know a lot more about what went on (not via the media) would likely be fruit loopy to put Flores on as Head Coach at this point.

I personally thought any talk of him just jumping into another Head Coaching job right away was far fetched.

Back
Top Bottom