Colin Cowherd said Fins to go 7-9 this year | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colin Cowherd said Fins to go 7-9 this year

But Arizona doesent have Parcells. And its a 16 game season, so if you get hot in the first few games, you're in amazing shape

Mark my words folks: 8 wins, 8 losses and a VERY excited fanbase!

Your point is?....So just cause history proves that no one has come back after a 1-15 year and then proceed the following year to go 11 wins plus means it can never happen?

My point is even talking about us winning 11 games is setting yourself up for a huge disappointment!

I would love for us to win 11 games but I'm going to keep my expectations a little more realistic.

Having said that I still go into every game looking for us to win. That's what fans do!

Week 1: Jets at Dolphins WIN 24 - 20 (Sparano and company's 1st win)!! Record 1-0

Week 2: Dolphins at Cardinals WIN 31 - 27 ( I'll be there!!! And we should win this one)!!! Record 2-0

Week 3: Dolphins at Patriots LOSE 17 - 27 (Having such a young team we can keep this one close but, at their house seems to steep a climb). Record 2-1

Week 4: BYE WEEK Record 2-1

Week 5: Chargers at Dolphins LOSE 23 - 34 (Chargers are Super Bowl Contenders and I do not think we have the team to beat them yet). Record 2-2

Week 6: Dolphins at Texans WIN 26 - 23 (I think it is our turn to beat them but, I said last year too). Record 3-2

Week 7: Ravens at Dolphins WIN 27 - 13 (I have no doubt they will want revenge but we are just a little bit better shape than them). Record 4-2

Week 8: Bills at Dolphins WIN 27 - 19 (I think we can win this one with solid running game by R&R). Record 5-2

Week 9: Dolphins at Broncos WIN 30 - 27 (I think we win this one). Record 6-2

Week 10: Seahawks at Dolphins LOSE 27 - 31 (I feel this one will be a loss). Record 6-3

Week 11: Raiders at Dolphins WIN 34 - 27 (Faiders are terrible and will always be they will not improve and they can not stop the run). Record 7-3

Week 12: Patriots at Dolphins LOSE 24 - 31 (Close game but we lose). Record 7-4

Week 13: Dolphins at Rams WIN 27 - 24 (Close game but, we win). Record 8-4

Week 14: Dolphins at Bills LOSE 14 - 27 (Traveling to Canada may be a good thing but, I think we lose this one). Record 8-5

Week 15: 49ers at Dolphins WIN 27 - 16 (We are just better). Record 9-5

Week 16: Dolphins at Chiefs LOSE 17 - 27 (Coooold). Record 9-6

Week 17: Dolphins at Jets LOSE 37 - 40 (Really cold) Record 9-7

Final record
9 - 7 miss playoffs again :boohoo: but, we'll be better next year bank on it!! :tongue:

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense but If Henne is in this year somthings gone catastophically wrong again and we're tanking it.:wink:

Thats your opinion but he is not working with the first team for craps and giggles. Not so sure a second year player is going to be head and shoulders above him. I mean if you are for McCown starting because of his experience I hear what you are saying but Beck is only a second year player so why would passing him over for Henne be wrong if he outperforms him which is possible.

Lets look at Parcells history as he started with each team

With the Jets
Did not draft one young qb

Had holdover free agent Neil O donnel 31 years old
and two lowly regarded younger qb's in Glenn Foley and Ray Lucas.
The following year aquired old war horse Vinnie Testerverde
Then the following year aquired Rich Mirer. So this blue print is so far from our own you might as well just take it out of the conversation. He made no effort to draft a young qb.

Not true.
BP tried to get this junior to come out early. Peyton something.

He took Drew Bledsoe for the Patriots in 1993, then traded down twice when he was with the Jets in 1997 after Peyton Manning elected to stay for his senior year at Tennessee.
With the Cowboys
He aquired a team with two fairly young qb;s in Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson. He went with Quincy Carter who started every game his first season in Dallas(Parcells first season). This year they also signed Romo as an undrafted free agent, definately not the normal route to find your future starter, this was not a move that Parcells was thinking hmm I will sit him a few years and he will be my starter lol.
Sorry.

Adding Romo WAS a move where Parcels(as well as Sean Peyton) were looking to the futurei development of a raw UDFA.

To further my point the next year he traded a third round pick for Drew Henson and signed the ever older Vinnie Testerverde to play qb.
Henson was definitly NOT a Parcels pick. Pure Jerry Jones' eight year deal!

In 2005 they then aquired Drew Bledsoe to play qb and Henson was beat out by Romo to play backup qb.In 2006 in the fourth game Romo became the starter.
Bad math. Romo started 10 games that year.

The Dallas scenario is nothing like ours and its obvious that Parcells really hoped aned thought that Henson would be his Qb of the future.
So WRONG!
Bill never wanted Henson PERIOD!

Romo was not groomed to be a starting qb in the NFL from day one and kind of became that player by hard work and default at one point.
:sidelol:

I believe it was the 4th pre-season game 2005. 4th quarter, Romo in the red zone is supposed to spike the ball after a first down. Romo instead, seeing the D not set, walks it into the endzone. Bill chastises Romo for not following instructions, turns and "smiles".

Bill
In 19 seasons as an NFL head coach, Parcells says one lesson he has learned is "the quickest way to destroy someone is to put him in a situation where he can't have success." Parcells says he sensed "we might have something" in Romo during the 2005 preseason, when the quarterback played well in limited appearances and avoided turnovers.
"That made me determined when he didn't play much last year to really, really go forward and try to get him ready this preseason," Parcells says.

Not true.
BP tried to get this junior to come out early. Peyton something.

With the Cowboys
Sorry.

Adding Romo WAS a move where Parcels(as well as Sean Peyton) were looking to the futurei development of a raw UDFA.

Henson was definitly NOT a Parcels pick. Pure Jerry Jones' eight year deal!

Bad math. Romo started 10 games that year.

So WRONG!
Bill never wanted Henson PERIOD!

:sidelol:

I believe it was the 4th pre-season game 2005. 4th quarter, Romo in the red zone is supposed to spike the ball after a first down. Romo instead, seeing the D not set, walks it into the endzone. Bill chastises Romo for not following instructions, turns and "smiles".

Bill

Just because He wanted Peyton manning did not change the fact that he did not draft one young qb during that time.

I never debated that PArcells drafted Bledsoe and started him early as a rookie.

Im not sure how your statement that they signed Romo as an undrafted free agent differs mine. In no way does anytime sign an undrafted qb free agent and say to themselves at that point they have the qb of the future. Romo became that guy but he was just an undrafted free agent. Lets not be ridiculous here and think that they were thinking he was thier future starter when they signed him. So Im not sure why you would have a silly smiley to act like they knew from day one he was thier starter of the future because that in itself deserves that stupid little smiley

Never said Parcells wanted Henson but the team invested in him as they thought he would be the future starter, actually was a solid risk move that just did not work out.

Correct on the amount of games he started but still mild semantics he came in and played in the fifth game of the year and took over in the sixth game of the year.

You even proved me right with the statement from Parcells about the 2005 preseason, thats when he noticed that Romo might be the qb of the future.

Never in the recent history of the NFL has a team signed an undrafted free agent qb and thought to itself we have our future starting qb. If you want to believe this fine but its simply not reality.

So I still stick to my original statement which was very true

also signed Romo as an undrafted free agent, definately not the normal route to find your future starter, this was not a move that Parcells was thinking hmm I will sit him a few years and he will be my starter lol.

Ao Im not really sure what you were trying to dispute in my post unless you went through all that to show that Romo started 10 games in 06,

But Arizona doesent have Parcells. And its a 16 game season, so if you get hot in the first few games, you're in amazing shape

Well parcells is not our coach so we really dont know what will happen.

Just because He wanted Peyton manning did not change the fact that he did not draft one young qb during that time.

I never debated that PArcells drafted Bledsoe and started him early as a rookie.

Im not sure how your statement that they signed Romo as an undrafted free agent differs mine. In no way does anytime sign an undrafted qb free agent and say to themselves at that point they have the qb of the future. Romo became that guy but he was just an undrafted free agent. Lets not be ridiculous here and think that they were thinking he was thier future starter when they signed him. So Im not sure why you would have a silly smiley to act like they knew from day one he was thier starter of the future because that in itself deserves that stupid little smiley

Never said Parcells wanted Henson but the team invested in him as they thought he would be the future starter, actually was a solid risk move that just did not work out.

Correct on the amount of games he started but still mild semantics he came in and played in the fifth game of the year and took over in the sixth game of the year.

You even proved me right with the statement from Parcells about the 2005 preseason, thats when he noticed that Romo might be the qb of the future.

Never in the recent history of the NFL has a team signed an undrafted free agent qb and thought to itself we have our future starting qb. If you want to believe this fine but its simply not reality.

So I still stick to my original statement which was very true

also signed Romo as an undrafted free agent, definately not the normal route to find your future starter, this was not a move that Parcells was thinking hmm I will sit him a few years and he will be my starter lol.

Ao Im not really sure what you were trying to dispute in my post unless you went through all that to show that Romo started 10 games in 06,
Romo was the Walter Payton Award winner, which is basically the Division I-AA Heisman. He was the best I-AA player when he was signed, so he may have had some potential that the Tuna saw. He may have been shocked that Romo wasn't drafted and felt the need to jump on the opportunity. I heard a similar story about his being shocked that Davone Bess wasn't drafted and was in contact immediately.

Romo was the Walter Payton Award winner, which is basically the Division I-AA Heisman. He was the best I-AA player when he was signed, so he may have had some potential that the Tuna saw. He may have been shocked that Romo wasn't drafted and felt the need to jump on the opportunity. I heard a similar story about his being shocked that Davone Bess wasn't drafted and was in contact immediately.

Believe me it turned out to be a great signing but you really dont believe that when he signed Romo as an undrafted free agent that he was thier qb of the future. The division 1a heisman Walter Payton award winner usually goes undrafted and does little in the NFL.

The exceptions are Westbrook and mcnair were fairly highly drafted.

Jamie martin and Doug Mussenmeyer were also Payton award winners but nobody looked at them as thier future franchise players.

DLockz, believe it or not, a year in the NFL makes a difference

DLockz, believe it or not, a year in the NFL makes a difference

most of the time it does, but this is a whole new offense and he had to work on his throwing motion during the offseason. He is still barely more than a rookie. The year gives him some advantage but McCown should be the only one with a distinct advantage because of NFL experience.

Back
Top Bottom