Colin Cowherd said Fins to go 7-9 this year | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colin Cowherd said Fins to go 7-9 this year

How many games did we win before all the injuries? We were getting owned even when we were healthy. This team has made some upgrades but make no mistake we still have a talent deposit. We have some young nice new young talent but they have a lot to prove. I say we'll be 4-12!

That is something people tend to forget that even when healthy we were winless. Thats kind of what you get when you basically scrap one injured qb for a new one instead of trying to really fix the problem.

you'd have to be ignorant to assume that the phins will struggle to win even a few games this season....... its a whole new season dolphin fans.... and the team is in good hands now. It will take a whole lot of injuries for us to win less than 4.

its real easy for people to look at last years record and assume we're by far the worst team in the NFL, but they conviniently forget that we lost half our starters before the season was half over. Not to mention we handed over the team to Tuna.

you'd have to be ignorant to assume the fins won't be one of the worst 2-3 teams in the NFL

You conveniently forget we don't have a quarterback, 2 new offensive lineman and 1 changing positions that have never played together, a star running back who can't stay healthy, a backup running back who hasn't played football in awhile, No #1 receiver, a new defensive system, and our 2 best players on that defense are old and on the decline.

you see how it goes both ways?

you'd have to be ignorant to assume the fins won't be one of the worst 2-3 teams in the NFL

You conveniently forget we don't have a quarterback, 2 new offensive lineman and 1 changing positions that have never played together, a star running back who can't stay healthy, a backup running back who hasn't played football in awhile, No #1 receiver, a new defensive system, and our 2 best players on that defense are old and on the decline.

you see how it goes both ways?

yea we all shall see. Im hoping for the best.

Miami was in so many games last year until the wire, and we were so awful talent wise and coaching wise. Our team has improved 100% since then, and our coaching staff should be better than what we had in Cam Cameron, so I'd say 6-8 wins is a fair assessment.
If Our QB can be somewhat competent, we should be looking at a season such as this:

NY Jets - toss up. I believe we will split with them. Have em at home. W
Cardinals - should be one of our winnable games. Lets say W.
Pats - L
Chargers - L
@ Houston - We almost had them last year, and we are much much better now. W
Ravens - Toss up. Honestly can't pick a side here. I'd say W
Bills - I also believe we sill split with the Bills. Buffalo is a really solid team now. W/L
Denver - L
Seattle - L
Oakland - They have a solid defense but aren't that great against the run. Our strongest point. They have the QB and the RB, but no one to throw to or block. Who knows. W/L
Pats - L
St Louis Rams - Honestly who knows. Id say we should win this, but we could just as easily not. I'll still say W
Buffalo - It's in Toronto. Not sure what that means. I can see us stepping up our performance. W/L
49ers - we should beat them. Talent wise, they are worse than we are. W
KC Chiefs - Another struggling team that is young at most skill positions. They are going to be just like us, and the Rams. Honestly, these should be exciting games. Still, I think they have too strong of a passing game for us to defense as well as LJ. L
NY jets - L

Best case scenario - 9-7
Worst case scenario - 6-10

this is logical

Anybody else hear that this morning?

He was talking with Chris Mortensen on his radio show. Mort basically thought he was crazy for thinking that.

I've been trying to find the link but I don't have ESPN insider.

that would be awesome but 7-9 is not going to happen...lol

i say at best 6-10...realistically I say 5-11

It's not that far-fetched. See my post in the 1st. page of this thread.
clear.gif

7-9 at best, and that would be a terrific accomplishment, a huge building block, and certainly something to get excited about for next year. 7-9 or better would be icing on the cake, i'll be happy with 6-10 with the current shape this team is in, and coming off of 1-15.

Easily we can win 6 games this year, we have a good shot at winning 9... 11 games would mean ronnie and ricky were rushing machines and we had amazing field position on kickoffs. It can happen and is likely just not in the eyes of people who saw 1-15 last year, thats hard for anyone to turn around and give us more than 4 wins regardless of the situation this year or last. IMO i would rather be the underdog that is set to only get 1 or 2 wins because other teams will underate us and then get smacked.

Easily we can win 6 games this year, we have a good shot at winning 9... 11 games would mean ronnie and ricky were rushing machines and we had amazing field position on kickoffs. It can happen and is likely just not in the eyes of people who saw 1-15 last year, thats hard for anyone to turn around and give us more than 4 wins regardless of the situation this year or last. IMO i would rather be the underdog that is set to only get 1 or 2 wins because other teams will underate us and then get smacked.

If we could easily win 6 games we should all place a bet because the over/under in vegas is 5.5 games. We have a shot to win 9 games. That's only because the season has started yet. You're just plain dreaming if you're even thinking about 11 wins.

We have improved but so have the Bills and Jets who both swept us last year.

If we could easily win 6 games we should all place a bet because the over/under in vegas is 5.5 games. We have a shot to win 9 games. That's only because the season has started yet. You're just plain dreaming if you're even thinking about 11 wins.

We have improved but so have the Bills and Jets who both swept us last year.

yes and like i said to win 11 games RB AND RW would have to be rushing machines, the team would be a run first team and that could get some extra wins to put us to 11 its happened before and could happen again.

Bills and jets did sweep us but that means what this year? We are a different team they are not. If you remember correctly we didnt get totally smacked around by either.

yes and like i said to win 11 games RB AND RW would have to be rushing machines, the team would be a run first team and that could get some extra wins to put us to 11 its happened before and could happen again.

Bills and jets did sweep us but that means what this year? We are a different team they are not. If you remember correctly we didnt get totally smacked around by either.

I would definately say the Jets are a differant team with all the additions, as for Buffalo trent edwards is a year wiser after getting alot of playing time as a rookie.

That is something people tend to forget that even when healthy we were winless. Thats kind of what you get when you basically scrap one injured qb for a new one instead of trying to really fix the problem.
Exactly when were we healthy? Yeremiah Bell was lost for the season in the 3rd quarter of the first game of the season.

Exactly when were we healthy? Yeremiah Bell was lost for the season in the 3rd quarter of the first game of the season.

every team loses players, I know you are not saying our season was finished because the oftinjured Yerimiah Bell was hurt again lol. we were as healthy as any team in the NFL at that point.

We'll I don't know what you call being smacked around? We lost to the Jets by 3 points and 27 points (smacked around). We lost to the BIlls by 3 and 21 points (smacked around).

This team may not be as bad as we were last year but there is ZERO chance we win 11 games.

Back
Top Bottom