Combine Talk | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine Talk

He's definitely got the feet to become a good pass blocking tackle. But starting out I think he'll be better able to handle the inside rush better than the outside rush so it will probably would be best for him to start out as a guard before eventually moving out to tackle like he did in college.

versatility is great.... i still need that definite OG especially at such a high draft pick.

thanks on the thoughts though, I'm still watching a lot of film on the O-Line... so i havent put it all together yet.

“@AbramsonPBP: #Canes LB Denzel Perryman said he's meeting with #Dolphins tonight”

Were either big on florida boys this year, or were sure putting a show on.

I don't really think this staff is as paranoid as irelands was though, I bet it's mostly legit interest.

Apparently we have shown some serious interest in Vic Beasley as well.

i've heard this too... just am curious on why we are going for a pure edge speed rusher again whom really really struggles against the run... smaller guy too. arent we already trying to fix Dion Jordan into that role???

i'm more interested in the complete players!!!

Laken Tomlinson seems to be such a great kid, great ability, a punch and light feet was shown today too... he is in the mix of all the athletic O-Line, though he may not be overal lthe most athletic. film shows some great stuff on him, and a great Senior bowl as well.... I liking him more.

i've heard this too... just am curious on why we are going for a pure edge speed rusher again whom really really struggles against the run... smaller guy too. arent we already trying to fix Dion Jordan into that role???

i'm more interested in the complete players!!!

I think he is good player…really like the player. Not sure on his fit though in our D. He's similar to Jordan in that he is probably best suited for a 3-4. However, he is opposite of Dion Jordan in his fit for us. Jordan played in space in college…that was his best asset…he was not a great pass rusher. The Dolphins tried to make that happen when they shouldn't have.

Beasley is a prolific pass rusher…that is his best asset…people just don't think he can handle the run game consistently and they aren't sure if he can play in space as a LB. Reminds me of Bruce Irvin as a pass rusher…

It would have been nice to see Kendricks, Dawson and Perryman over 240. The 235 range they are all in is getting a little light in the pants to play MLB in the 4-3. Perryman dropping 6 pounds since the senior bowl must be trying to get his 40 time down.

I think he is good player…really like the player. Not sure on his fit though in our D. He's similar to Jordan in that he is probably best suited for a 3-4. However, he is opposite of Dion Jordan in his fit for us. Jordan played in space in college…that was his best asset…he was not a great pass rusher. The Dolphins tried to make that happen when they shouldn't have.

Beasley is a prolific pass rusher…that is his best asset…people just don't think he can handle the run game consistently and they aren't sure if he can play in space as a LB. Reminds me of Bruce Irvin as a pass rusher…

yup you nailed it... basically what I was thinking. Beasley definitely is going to apply pressure off the edge, but I dont see him as an every down OLB in our defense. 3-4 would fit him best, but I still dont see him doing overly well in the run game there.

Jordan wise, yes we werent using him well, but I dont think he himself has been developing well either. In the running game for him, I personally have seen him play with no discipline or knowledge in it either, bad angles, over pursuing, etc... I am not sure if he himself is a fit for an every down OLB either. Hopefully he learns and can start fitting in for us too.

Beasley would you draft that high for us? a big need to help improve our team right away? I am not big on him being our #1 pick.

It would have been nice to see Kendricks, Dawson and Perryman over 240. The 235 range they are all in is getting a little light in the pants to play MLB in the 4-3. Perryman dropping 6 pounds since the senior bowl must be trying to get his 40 time down.

It's a better playing weight for Perryman. He was much more effective as a linebacker when he was in that 230-235 range at Miami. He's quicker, faster and still hits like a Mack truck.

It's a better playing weight for Perryman. He was much more effective as a linebacker when he was in that 230-235 range at Miami. He's quicker, faster and still hits like a Mack truck.

i cant wait to watch them three

yup you nailed it... basically what I was thinking. Beasley definitely is going to apply pressure off the edge, but I dont see him as an every down OLB in our defense. 3-4 would fit him best, but I still dont see him doing overly well in the run game there.

Jordan wise, yes we werent using him well, but I dont think he himself has been developing well either. In the running game for him, I personally have seen him play with no discipline or knowledge in it either, bad angles, over pursuing, etc... I am not sure if he himself is a fit for an every down OLB either. Hopefully he learns and can start fitting in for us too.

Beasley would you draft that high for us? a big need to help improve our team right away? I am not big on him being our #1 pick.

Thats tough to answer without knowing who is available. There are other players I would take before him certainly. I think the player warrants to be in consideration yes, but not necessarily for us because I question the fit so much. They didn't play Jordan because they said he was a liability against the run…well Beasley would be as well. Difference is Beasley is actually going to be a good pass rusher so maybe they would just let him take his lumps in the run game. Ray is similar in that regard…if you draft a guy like that you have to get them on the field so they can rush the passer but know that they are going to get ran at as well.

Ill tell ya this much Vic Beasley is a better pass rusher than Vernon is right now IMO…and I actually like Vernon.

Pass rushers are always in style in the end of the day.

There at such a premium you never want to be caught without one.

It would have been nice to see Kendricks, Dawson and Perryman over 240. The 235 range they are all in is getting a little light in the pants to play MLB in the 4

Actually 230-235 is not a bad weight for a MLB in a 4-3. If your DL is doing their jobs, the MLB is there to clean up with tackles and hit the right holes like Zach use too. If we were a 3-4, then the two MLB need to be heavier because their responsibilities change and will time to time have to take on a guard or tackle. The key for MLB in a 4-3 is side to side speed and their ability to diagnose the play before its actually happen so they can use there speed to be in the right spot.

Back
Top Bottom