Parker 17
Funches 17
McBride 16
Dez Lewis 16
Dorsett 13
DGB 13
Agholor 12
Hardy 11”

Jack Fisher is having a similar lead up to the draft as he did during his recruitment before NSD. Good tape, but under the radar guy but as he goes to camps people realized how good of an athlete he was.

Marpet showing himself to be a good athlete, COULD sneak into round 3, but the fact is a lot of teams want him at Center which he's never played. Still he has me interested

What's the deal with Smelter's ACL, JOTD? Is he participating at the combine or just there for interviews etc.?

I'd struggle to put a second round grade on a project WR with ACL trouble that isn't fully healed, even if I've liked Smelter for some time. Back when I was looking at him, he wasn't even in late round consideration. I'd still be interested in the mid-rounds, depending on the med reports.

I didn't think he would, but this article kind of makes it seem like he is?:

http://yellowjackedup.com/2015/02/20/2015-nfl-combine-look-analysis-deandre-smelter/

Haven't heard anything definitive. I know where you're coming from on Smelter. I saw it projected that he'd run in the 4.5's - which would make his best physical comps Jordy Nelson and Eric Decker. I have to check, but I don't think either have 11" hands, and as great as Nelson is, I think Smelter's RAC ability exceeds both. After the top guys (Cooper and DGB), I think Smelter's skill set is right there with any WR in the draft. For such a raw player, he's an extremely smart, instinctual player. He understands leverage and how to play to his strengths.

http://uthdynasty.com/uth-insider/deandre-smelter-next-great-georgia-tech-wide-receiver/

He's nowhere near as polished as Jarvis Landry, but I see a guy that puts the same effort into the little things and a guy that competes at that level (very rare). He clearly has more upside than Landry, though. The first article I posted is absolutely right that no ACC CB could hang with Smelter 1-on-1 - including K. Fuller. If Smelter were at West Virgina or Louisville, I think his numbers would be right there with White and Parker. The bench is meaningless, but I expect him to do well there.

On a less positive note, Xavier Cooper solidified his place as a 3-tech with short arms and by coming in 2 inches shorter than listed. It's not surprising, and it's a non-issue to me, because I always liked him best as a UT, but it'll take him off the boards of all of the 3-4 teams. But if he tests like I expect, I think he can be a dominant 3-tech. When he wasn't double teamed at Washington State, and sometimes when he was, he lived in the backfield. Anyway, the lack of scheme diversity will probably keep him in that 2nd RD area (even if he tests great). If he's there for Miami in the 2nd, he'd be my first choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miller the guard from Louisville looked a lot more agile than I was expecting. Liked him on film, but expected him to be less athletic than he looked in drills. Will go back again and check him out.

Marpet hasn't put a foot wrong, to be fair to him.

Miller the guard from Louisville looked a lot more agile than I was expecting. Liked him on film, but expected him to be less athletic than he looked in drills. Will go back again and check him out.

agree there a lot on John Miller, i liked him!!! Scherff, Miller, Tomlinson are three guys I liked a lot in the combine... Collins too but I still am questionable on his overall ability in passing game as well as T or G.

Josue Matias didnt lift.... where was he? does anyone have anything on him???

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

to go with the WRs too... Phillip Dorsett had a very nice interview. was honest, comfortable and spoke extremely well!!!

Coming up BIG GUYS I like:

DL- Davis, Carl Iowa 6'5'' 320 34 5/8 arm length .................... seemed to have the biggest size and length in the mix
DL- Shelton, Danny Washington 6'2'' 339 32 arm length............ we knew he isnt the tallest, arms arent long but we know what he brings in the middle
DL- Cooper, Xavier Washington St. 6'3'' 293 31 1/2 arm length.... like Shelton, not longest arms but extremely smart in his play, angles and team defensive
DL- Brown, Malcom Texas 6'2'' 319 32 1/2 arm length..... very talented, draftable, with a great fire off the line to disrupt
DL- Williams, Leonard USC 6'5'' 302 34 5/8 arm length....... we wont be able to draft him, and these numbers are great and more reasons why we cant.

LB- Kendricks, Eric UCLA 6'0'' 232 31 arm length 9 5/8 hand size...... we knew he smaller, lets see his athletic ability, he is smart and sure tackler
LB- McKinney, Benardrick Mississippi St. 6'4'' 246 33 arm length 9 hand size......... gotta see his athletic ability laterally, can he cover, how knowledgable is he
LB- Perryman, Denzel Miami 5'11'' 236 31 7/8 arm length 9 1/2 hand size.... mini man but great instincts, hard hitting sure tackler, how athletic is he
LB- Jones, Taiwan Michigan St. 6'3'' 245 34 arm length 10 hand size..... good size, good knowledge, good leader, keep an eye on him for later rounds
LB- Dawson, Paul TCU 6'0'' 235 31 1/2 arm length 9 1/2 hand size.... smaller size too, lets see if he can provide a pop... does his 40 show his downhill fire
LB- Gwachum, Obum Oregon St. 6'5'' 246 34 3/8 arm length 10 hand size..... just seemed to be the biggest guy basically, but matches to Taiwan Jones decently.

I'm watching Martrell Spaight. Some worried he'd be smaller than he is, but he's an inch taller than Perriman, and he has longer arms. Same weight. Instinctive player, good in traffic.

agree there a lot on John Miller, i liked him!!! Scherff, Miller, Tomlinson are three guys I liked a lot in the combine... Collins too but I still am questionable on his overall ability in passing game as well as T or G.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

to go with the WRs too... Phillip Dorsett had a very nice interview. was honest, comfortable and spoke extremely well!!!

Can't believe I'm say this but .... I really wouldn't have any problem is we took Scherff with our first pick. He looks impressive and if can become as good as Zach Martin from last year then our OL would be extremely strong. As much as I want some big and fast WR's IMO the foundation of a great team consists of a good QB and good OL and DL. Scherff would give us 2 out of 3.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Coming up BIG GUYS I like:

DL- Davis, Carl Iowa 6'5'' 320 34 5/8 arm length .................... seemed to have the biggest size and length in the mix
DL- Shelton, Danny Washington 6'2'' 339 32 arm length............ we knew he isnt the tallest, arms arent long but we know what he brings in the middle
DL- Cooper, Xavier Washington St. 6'3'' 293 31 1/2 arm length.... like Shelton, not longest arms but extremely smart in his play, angles and team defensive
DL- Brown, Malcom Texas 6'2'' 319 32 1/2 arm length..... very talented, draftable, with a great fire off the line to disrupt
DL- Williams, Leonard USC 6'5'' 302 34 5/8 arm length....... we wont be able to draft him, and these numbers are great and more reasons why we cant.

LB- Kendricks, Eric UCLA 6'0'' 232 31 arm length 9 5/8 hand size...... we knew he smaller, lets see his athletic ability, he is smart and sure tackler
LB- McKinney, Benardrick Mississippi St. 6'4'' 246 33 arm length 9 hand size......... gotta see his athletic ability laterally, can he cover, how knowledgable is he
LB- Perryman, Denzel Miami 5'11'' 236 31 7/8 arm length 9 1/2 hand size.... mini man but great instincts, hard hitting sure tackler, how athletic is he
LB- Jones, Taiwan Michigan St. 6'3'' 245 34 arm length 10 hand size..... good size, good knowledge, good leader, keep an eye on him for later rounds
LB- Dawson, Paul TCU 6'0'' 235 31 1/2 arm length 9 1/2 hand size.... smaller size too, lets see if he can provide a pop... does his 40 show his downhill fire
LB- Gwachum, Obum Oregon St. 6'5'' 246 34 3/8 arm length 10 hand size..... just seemed to be the biggest guy basically, but matches to Taiwan Jones decently.

Dawson from TCU looks like a play maker to me when watching his games. He stood out in his speed and instincts really well.

Hes had a poor showing so far IMO. His vertical was 17.5 and broad jump was 84 inches…both of those are pretty awful..I think the worst out of any OL there. To me that shows he has about zero lower body explosion and quick twitch...

Hes had a poor showing so far IMO. His vertical was 17.5 and broad jump was 84 inches…both of those are pretty awful..I think the worst out of any OL there. To me that shows he has about zero lower body explosion and quick twitch...

shocking... game film he actually looked like the better of the o-lineman unit. we'll see. he might be falling in the draft... his name has been extremely quiet for awhile now.

Miller looks solid on film for sure, but looked strictly a power fit. He's a plug and play type of guy though.

Can't believe I'm say this but .... I really wouldn't have any problem is we took Scherff with our first pick. He looks impressive and if can become as good as Zach Martin from last year then our OL would be extremely strong. As much as I want some big and fast WR's IMO the foundation of a great team consists of a good QB and good OL and DL. Scherff would give us 2 out of 3.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Dawson from TCU looks like a play maker to me when watching his games. He stood out in his speed and instincts really well.

...and Dawson has only been playing LB for 3 1/2 years as he was recruited to play WR in JUCO and switched positions his Freshman year. Those instincts will only grow with more time and better coaching at the position. One thing for sure though if the Fins think they are gonna draft a lighter MLB they are going to have to sign a two gap DT who can keep them clean because our current DT's definitely struggle in that aspect.

I thought Dawson would be longer-armed, he looks it.

I saw Miller the guard as a power guy too, until yesterday. He was pretty fluid and very comfortable doing the drills.

I thought Dawson would be longer-armed, he looks it.

I saw Miller the guard as a power guy too, until yesterday. He was pretty fluid and very comfortable doing the drills.

yeah Dawson isnt the biggest of guys.... still not sure if he is a true Mike for the NFL though. once again struggles taking on and getting off blocks in hte middle... tries to go around them more. but i agree on the instincts and his ability he offers.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

Miller looks solid on film for sure, but looked strictly a power fit. He's a plug and play type of guy though.

agreed here... its why I never really have mentioned him much, but he really has impressed me more and may have me looking at him more still.

Back
Top Bottom