Combine Talk | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine Talk

So....

Dorsett ran a 4.33? Sheesh.

Kid just bought himself a ticket to the first round.

Hardy and Cooper are clearly the smoothest in these drills.

Coates and DGB looking very good too though.

10 teams dont need a wideout in the 1st round he wont be the top wideout coming out of the combine maybe top 5 at his position

10 teams dont need a wideout in the 1st round he wont be the top wideout coming out of the combine maybe top 5 at his position

Yeah I guess anything is possible.

He's had a year to prepare for this moment though. He's going to do and say everything the right way.

Yeah I guess anything is possible.

He's had a year to prepare for this moment though. He's going to do and say everything the right way.

My top 5 Wideouts granted I have not seen White or Parker yet

1 Kevin White
2 Amari Cooper
3 Davate Parker
4 Dorial Green Beckham
5 Sammie Coates

Jaelen Strong with the 42 inch vert.

That's a big number for him, might save his draft stock.

Yea Cooper with a low 4.4 pretty much solidifies himself with a target at 4 with Oakland.

Jaelen Strong with the 42 inch vert.

That's a big number for him, might save his draft stock.

If that kid runs in the 4.4's . . . he's a first rounder. Consistent separation is the main concern for him but that's a concern for a a lot of guys with his size.

If that kid runs in the 4.4's . . . he's a first rounder. Consistent separation is the main concern for him but that's a concern for a a lot of guys with his size.

No way Strong runs in the 4.4's. He doesn't play that fast on tape...looks like a high 4.5s, low 4.6's guy to me.

Why is Marshall running with the QBs? I thought he was moving to CB? He only ran 4.60 too...not good for him if he is switching to corner.

Mariota with a 4.52 on his first 40. Good time.

Jameis with a lumbering 4.97

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

No way Strong runs in the 4.4's. He doesn't play that fast on tape...looks like a high 4.5s, low 4.6's guy to me.

Why is Marshall running with the QBs? I thought he was moving to CB? He only ran 4.60 too...not good for him if he is switching to corner.

I didn't think he'd post such an impressive vertical . . . there might be some hidden explosion in a 40 scenario but I agree, I had him as a 4.6 guy before the combine.

Mariota with a 4.52 on his first 40. Good time.

Jameis with a lumbering 4.97

That's a good time for Winston...I didn't think he'd break 5.0 in the 40. His speed doesn't matter...he doesn't run with the ball, he almost never takes off...he's got excellent pocket awareness, knows how to climb the pocket and deliver the ball. He doesn't need to run sub 4.6...that's not his game.

I like seeing everyone choosing to participate unless there is an injury issue

That's a good time for Winston...I didn't think he'd break 5.0 in the 40. His speed doesn't matter...he doesn't run with the ball, he almost never takes off...he's got excellent pocket awareness, knows how to climb the pocket and deliver the ball. He doesn't need to run sub 4.6...that's not his game.

Trust me, no worries on Jameis . . . I've seen too much of him the last 2 years . . . dude is the top QB here. Maturity is the one thing you hope he gains sooner than later.

2nd time for Jameis 4.99

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

They must be saving Mayock for the DBs

I mentioned Brandon Bridge a long time ago as a guy I would take a late flyer on...a developmental QB. I think his footwork is pretty bad but with proper coaching he could turn into a pretty good QB. Kids got a cannon for an arm, athletic...watching his tape he's a guy that will sit in the pocket and go through progressions...he doesn't pull the ball down if his first read is covered and then run...I can't stand QBs that do that...hard to coach that out of them.

Back
Top Bottom