Commentary: 1st Round Mock v1.0 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: 1st Round Mock v1.0

VanDolPhan said:
Young just scored a 6 on the wonderlic. The hype after the bowl game has worn off and realism is setting in. Young will make Aaron Rodgers fall look like nothing compared to his.
LOL are you serious? a 6? so frank gore did better than him?

Vince Young will not drop that far. He will be picked in the top 3. Bet on it.

Miamifin23 said:

Well i wish i knew you so i could.

Nice job all the way through KB, and nice cajones on Addai. I'd love to have Justice too. I think he's DEFINITELY a LT for us.

Miamifin23 said:
Nobody who scores a 6 on the Wonderlic will be getting picked in the top 3 at QB in the NFL. Good luck memorizing an NFL playbook at the QB position, reading defenses, and having a head for the game with a 6 on the Wonderlic. This guy is the anti-Peyton Manning.

Vince Young is plummeting. And it's February. Last year, Aaron Rodgers didn't start falling until the latter part of Draft Week.

Jay Cutler there at 16?? Are you guys nuts?? He won't get past the Jets at #4. I honestly believe he's a 50/50 shot at #2.

It appears that some of you are still caught up in the media hype and believe that Vince Young can actually play quarterback in the NFL. The shine of his performance in the Rose Bowl, which was largely based on his running ability and not his passing ability, has worn off. Several teams are openly questioning whether they want to invest millions of dollars into a guy that it will take 5-6 years before he ever becomes competent at the quarterback position in the NFL. There are several scouts that say they wouldn't touch him in the first round as a quarterback but would look at him if he agreed to move to another position. Also, Vince Young is coming across like he is completely unwilling to change the way he plays, and he can't play the way he did in college once he gets into the NFL.

Chances are, he will fall lower than the 11th pick. I made this mock before hearing of the 6 he scored on the Wunderlich, and I've put him with St. Louis simply because Scott Linehan is one of the few coaches that I've heard really likes the guy.

jbond said:
some great mock draft info:

a compilation of 28 various mock drafts:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/cmock.html

the "mocks" show people think we'll wind up taking (the # is the # of mock drafts predicting the particular player)

Miami Dolphins: Jay Cutler (17) -- Bbby Carpenter (3) -- Jonathan Scott (2) -- Manny Lawson (2) -- Others (4)

more mock drafts:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/mock.html

Nice find, thats a pretty cool site....wonder who the 4 others are? anyone know for sure?

KB21 said:
It appears that some of you are still caught up in the media hype and believe that Vince Young can actually play quarterback in the NFL. The shine of his performance in the Rose Bowl, which was largely based on his running ability and not his passing ability, has worn off. Several teams are openly questioning whether they want to invest millions of dollars into a guy that it will take 5-6 years before he ever becomes competent at the quarterback position in the NFL. There are several scouts that say they wouldn't touch him in the first round as a quarterback but would look at him if he agreed to move to another position. Also, Vince Young is coming across like he is completely unwilling to change the way he plays, and he can't play the way he did in college once he gets into the NFL.

Chances are, he will fall lower than the 11th pick. I made this mock before hearing of the 6 he scored on the Wunderlich, and I've put him with St. Louis simply because Scott Linehan is one of the few coaches that I've heard really likes the guy.

KB21, good to hear from you. Yeah, VY is streaking like an asteroid to the depths of the draft rounds. If he considers WR I think he can still be a dayone pick, but QB....wow...very very Risky.

Would love to have you jump over to the DRAFT GURU's thread and breakdown some other players mentioned. Always enjoy your educated perspective.

thanks again....

primetime23 said:
young or cutler will be around at 16 i promise you guys that. How in the world is the cardinals going to add a qb in the first round when they got no rb and never had one since, i dont even know. They will take white or morahony or the guy from mephisis. They need a rb not a qb. detriot is sticking with joey, balitmores sticking with bolloer. So young willl be up there around 16

I bet u 1000000000 dollars the ravens will NOT take boller over Young, that is just plane stupid

and i hope we get greenway, we need another lb since we will be switching to a 3-4

Taylor, Crowder, Thomas, Greenway Great combination of speed and power

Back
Top Bottom