Commentary: 1st Round Mock v1.0 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: 1st Round Mock v1.0

VanDolPhan said:
Young just scored a 6 on the wonderlic. The hype after the bowl game has worn off and realism is setting in. Young will make Aaron Rodgers fall look like nothing compared to his.

I'm not a big Young fan, but he won't drop like Rodgers.

Adam First said:
Vince Young to the Rams?
Did you forget they have a little somebody named Marc Bulger?

I guess you missed the news that the Rams have started shopping Bulger and that Scott Linehan thinks Vince Young is the 2nd coming.

I really don't see why in the world people think Vince Young will fall so far. Vince Young is Michael Vick with an arm, He's got just as good athletacism, and his throwing ability is far and away better than Vicks. Now say what you want about Mike Vick, but he Wins Games, and Young will do the same!!!

There are teams in the NFL with arguably worse QB options than us. The Raiders with Tuiasosopo? (Assuming Collins wont even be back) The Jets with RoboShoulder Pennington? Tennessee with a rapidly aging McNair? Arizona with Kurt Warner?

If the VY drops, I'm thinking the Raiders nab him. (with a chance TN picks him and let's McNair share his knowledge for a few years) I didn't know about the 6 on the Wonderlic, so yeah, he may be dumb as a rock... but that's why God invented wristbands with plays on em.

Randy Moss has a way of making QBs look great... Vince Young will be a Raider.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I'm not a big Young fan, but he won't drop like Rodgers.

You'll be in for shock then. The guy was considered a late first rounder before the Bowl Game and then got overhyped because of that win. Now that win has worn off and teams are realizing he just doesn't have it. That he's a project. You don't draft projects in round 1 even at QB. Combine that with the 6 he scored and it spells a nice drop. There's a lot more questions about Young then there was about Rodgers.

Hell Rodgers dropped to 24 based solely on the fact he was a "tedford" QB. I hope they invite Young to the draft. It's going to be fun watching the agony on his face as he drops and drops and drops.

It could be argued that Cutler is more overhyped as he came out nowhere. There are too many comparisons to Young dropping like Rodgers imho and I think some people would prefer it that way and promote that thought (perhaps to their own advantage..?). Who I think would be an interesting prospect in a few years would be Omar Jacobs. Although a sidearm thrower...the kid can play and makes excellent decisions. At about 6'4" 230lbs he's got good size. His numbers through college are excellent.

"He left school as the active NCAA career leader in total offense per game (295.6 yards), passing yards per game (277.5) and passing efficiency (162.5)."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/02/26/a12b_combinenotes_0226.html

AlexKhan said:
There are teams in the NFL with arguably worse QB options than us. The Raiders with Tuiasosopo? (Assuming Collins wont even be back) The Jets with RoboShoulder Pennington? Tennessee with a rapidly aging McNair? Arizona with Kurt Warner?

If the VY drops, I'm thinking the Raiders nab him. (with a chance TN picks him and let's McNair share his knowledge for a few years) I didn't know about the 6 on the Wonderlic, so yeah, he may be dumb as a rock... but that's why God invented wristbands with plays on em.

Randy Moss has a way of making QBs look great... Vince Young will be a Raider.

Raiders have Andrew Walter who they just drafted last year. Tennessee will take whoever is left between Cutler and Leinart.

outlawd2u said:
I really don't see why in the world people think Vince Young will fall so far. Vince Young is Michael Vick with an arm, He's got just as good athletacism, and his throwing ability is far and away better than Vicks. Now say what you want about Mike Vick, but he Wins Games, and Young will do the same!!!

Young would be lucky to have half the arm Vick has, how they both choose to use their arms are very similar however.

As long as teams don't buy into the hype, Young will fall. The first team I can see that is able to take a chance on him is Kansas City. That offense has a couple good years left, and Young could learn behind Green.

Young should fall farther than Rodgers. AR was a better QB, and more professional (Young has proven to be a jack@$$ in recent weeks). AR fell because of who his coach was. Unfortunatly, Young won't fall that far because he is more athletic that Rodgers.

I could see us taking Young if he's available. He's perfect for Mularcky's offense. Just look at 2 QBs Mularcky had to work with. No not Kordell and Maddox, Hines Ward and Atwan Randle El. They make Pittsbugh a diverse offense.

I'd love Justice, but I doubt he'll be there so I could see us going CB or S. Speaking of which, where's Ko Simpson?

Simms is too small for Pittsburgh's defense. They do need another ILB, but IMO they'd go with someone like Hodge or Howard before Simms.

ArticleNinja said:
Discuss this article or suffer dire consequences: http://www.finheaven.com/cms/277.html.
This mock draft would break my heart. Not because we get OT Eric Winston but because the Jets draft Cutler! I liked Cutler a lot before the combine and watching him this weekend has solidified that even more. The guy will IMO be a great NFL QB. Having to hate him because he was on the Jets would make me sick!:boohoo: But I would HATE him if that happened before you all start flaming me!:tongue:

jbond said:
It could be argued that Cutler is more overhyped as he came out nowhere. There are too many comparisons to Young dropping like Rodgers imho and I think some people would prefer it that way and promote that thought (perhaps to their own advantage..?). Who I think would be an interesting prospect in a few years would be Omar Jacobs. Although a sidearm thrower...the kid can play and makes excellent decisions. At about 6'4" 230lbs he's got good size. His numbers through college are excellent.

"He left school as the active NCAA career leader in total offense per game (295.6 yards), passing yards per game (277.5) and passing efficiency (162.5)."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/02/26/a12b_combinenotes_0226.html

Boy did Omar impress the heck out of me at his combine throwing workouts. Every SINGLE one of his throws were on the money. Pinpoint accuracy.

I cannot see Jimmy Williams falling that far......I would like to see the Bills address DL in FA and trade down a few spots and get either Greenway, J. Williams, or Winston

Youbouty isint even close to 1st round material. The rams dont need a QB.

What? Depending on who you talk to Youboty is the 2nd or 3rd best CB in the draft, which generally conicides with being a first rounder, as he is.

The draft isn't always about needs.

Back
Top Bottom