Commentary: Ricky’s return recalls Sanders’ abrupt departure | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Ricky’s return recalls Sanders’ abrupt departure

NYinBostonFin said:
Ok, I hear everything you said. But whenever he is in the backfield, if and when, defenses will pay very close attenton to him b/c they know what he is capable of. you and the jets D knows more than anyone.

Oh and the jets suck. :lol: Had to keep the love spreading

:lol:

Actually the Jets have done Ok against Ricky. In 5 career games(1 w/ NO) the Jets have held him under 100 yds in 3 of them. Of course he thrashed us in the streak ending game in '02 :(

nyjunc said:
First off he's been healthy all of his career except '99 & '00 and he didn't have nagging injuries he had injuries that ended his season late in the year so his #s can be used(at least his YPC). Ricky played 16 games in '01, '02 & '03 and in those years he was # 8 & 10 in 2 of those 3 in rushing yards- is that great? and he was 10th in rushing yard yet first in attempts in '03. The man has been healthy enough, he had ONE great season and the rest were pretyy average.

If a guy is in the top 10 in three rushing categories his last three consecutive years, he is not, by the very definition of the word, "average." That is my entire point. It is LUDICROUS to call Ricky average. You don't have to call him great, you can't call him a future Hall of Famer. But to say he is average is ridiculous.

DrAstroZoom said:
If a guy is in the top 10 in three rushing categories his last three consecutive years, he is not, by the very definition of the word, "average." That is my entire point. It is LUDICROUS to call Ricky average. You don't have to call him great, you can't call him a future Hall of Famer. But to say he is average is ridiculous.

I didn't call Ricky as a whole average, I called his other seasons besides '02 average. Yes he was top 10 in rush yards(#10 to be exact) in '03 but he led the league in rush attempts so being 10 w/ the most rush attempts is not good, wouldn't you agree?

nyjunc said:
I didn't call Ricky as a whole average, I called his other seasons besides '02 average. Yes he was top 10 in rush yards(#10 to be exact) in '03 but he led the league in rush attempts so being 10 w/ the most rush attempts is not good, wouldn't you agree?

No. You make leading the league in rushing attempts sound like a bad thing. It isn't. It means you are a dependable, relaiable runner. And even iof your yards per carry average isn't sparkling, you are helping your team control the ball. So no, I don't agree with you at all.

And ... you didn't call Ricky as a whole average?!? No, you just said four out of his five years were average. If you're going to backpedal, do it with confidence. :shakeno:

No. You make leading the league in rushing attempts sound like a bad thing. It isn't. It means you are a dependable, relaiable runner. And even iof your yards per carry average isn't sparkling, you are helping your team control the ball. So no, I don't agree with you at all.

YPC means something, I am not impressed when someone is #1 in carries and 10th in yards. Last year Curtis was #1 in carries and #1 in yards and averaged over a yard better than Ricky when he led the league in rushes.

And ... you didn't call Ricky as a whole average?!? No, you just said four out of his five years were average. If you're going to backpedal, do it with confidence.[/QUOTE]

Yes 4 of his 5 seasons were average but his other year he had an all-time great season. Factoring that in he has had a good career, take that put and his career has been average. You guys make it sound like I compared Ricky to Sammie Smith.

Back
Top Bottom