Comparing David Boston to other WR's | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comparing David Boston to other WR's

After tearing his patellar tendon, I am going to assume that Boston will have a lot tougher time gaining separation than he use to...until he proves me wrong.

I'm also going to assume that he takes a semi-significant injury before the season begins, and he will get in at least one off-field incident...until he proves me wrong.

But for the veterans minimum plus a few incentives, I'll still take him on this team. It may only be a 30 percent chance or even slimmer, but if it pans out, he could contribute VERY big to an offense that utilizes a lot of 3-WR sets.

If any of you people are still worried about his character...forget it. Saban is not going to bring Boston back on unless Boston understands the strict conditions and is willing to mature, quit using roids, and play for the team..and for his career that has been going downhill recently. IF ANYBODY could get Boston in the right mind set its Saban.

Dolfan1000 said:
Yes, you are right, Willis only had one injury... which was practically career threatening. Hell, he is like a piece of glass out there right now. One bad cut and his career is over in a snap. Please, dont be so naive. He is a huge gamble every time he steps out on the field.
there are several reports out there that his reconstructed injury is like to be stronger than his knee prior to injury. I realize that he can reinjure his knee but the chances of that happening is as much as Brown blowing his knee. Get you facts straight. Besides you are trying to compare 1 injury to Boston who's had several and the last one not having any contact. Huge diferrence between being injury prone(Boston) or 1 major injury( Willis).

Dolfan1000 said:
Do you know the meaning of the word naive? That makes zero sense.

You're right- Willis has definitely proven he can take a hit. :shakeno: He has barely played a full season, and there were several times last year when I can recall he went down hard and I can pretty much guarantee that you and the rest of the Jilly fans were holding your breath.
At camp alone,we were holding our breath. Nobody said they weren't.

Justasportsfan said:
No one doubts his God given talent. It's his character and his ability to stay healthy.

You have to admit, if he straightens up and gets his head on straight you guys in the AFC east are going to have a lot to contend with.

jlfin said:
You have to admit, if he straightens up and gets his head on straight you guys in the AFC east are going to have a lot to contend with.
No doubt. Question is, how much will he command next year and who's the odd one out? He wants the ball thrown his way and so does McMike.

ckparrothead said:
After tearing his patellar tendon, I am going to assume that Boston will have a lot tougher time gaining separation than he use to...until he proves me wrong.

I'm also going to assume that he takes a semi-significant injury before the season begins, and he will get in at least one off-field incident...until he proves me wrong.

But for the veterans minimum plus a few incentives, I'll still take him on this team. It may only be a 30 percent chance or even slimmer, but if it pans out, he could contribute VERY big to an offense that utilizes a lot of 3-WR sets.

It was a partial tear. Makes a big difference.

Justasportsfan said:
there are several reports out there that his reconstructed injury is like to be stronger than his knee prior to injury. I realize that he can reinjure his knee but the chances of that happening is as much as Brown blowing his knee. Get you facts straight. Besides you are trying to compare 1 injury to Boston who's had several and the last one not having any contact. Huge diferrence between being injury prone(Boston) or 1 major injury( Willis).

"What you talkin bout" Willis (had to put that in ... LOL) is not as fragile as glass if he was he wouldnt be out there. Neither is Boston. With today's doctors ACL injury repairs are a common thing. Look at Edge, he had two. Willis had one. Boston has had what ... 3? Granted if they all had one injury 10 years ago then 2 probably 3 would of been done for their careers. Also most ACL injuries if you look close usually come from no contact. How did Chester tear his last year? No contact if Im not mistaken.

Thing is that Boston is a nut when it comes to physical fitness and if anyone can come back from the injury it will be Boston. He has the motivation and the desire to be in the best shape he can be in at all times.

As far as the substance he got suspended for 4 games for using. It was not an illegal steroid, there were several articles discussing this last year. It was a banned substance for the NFL but not illegal to use. Probably came packaged in some special supplement he was taking designed to help him get over his injury. Dontt blame him for taking it if it helped him get over his injury.

And finally back to your post ... I agree completely ... the chances of someone blowing a knee out is about the same for everyone that either has done it before or hasnt. Injuries are a part of the game and with the doctors now and the rehabilitation methods used. I dont think one blown knee in the past has anything to do with increasing a chance of someone blowing another one.

Omaha_Dolfan said:
"What you talkin bout" Willis (had to put that in ... LOL) is not as fragile as glass if he was he wouldnt be out there. Neither is Boston. With today's doctors ACL injury repairs are a common thing. Look at Edge, he had two. Willis had one. Boston has had what ... 3? Granted if they all had one injury 10 years ago then 2 probably 3 would of been done for their careers. Also most ACL injuries if you look close usually come from no contact. How did Chester tear his last year? No contact if Im not mistaken.

Thing is that Boston is a nut when it comes to physical fitness and if anyone can come back from the injury it will be Boston. He has the motivation and the desire to be in the best shape he can be in at all times.

As far as the substance he got suspended for 4 games for using. It was not an illegal steroid, there were several articles discussing this last year. It was a banned substance for the NFL but not illegal to use. Probably came packaged in some special supplement he was taking designed to help him get over his injury. Dontt blame him for taking it if it helped him get over his injury.

And finally back to your post ... I agree completely ... the chances of someone blowing a knee out is about the same for everyone that either has done it before or hasnt. Injuries are a part of the game and with the doctors now and the rehabilitation methods used. I dont think one blown knee in the past has anything to do with increasing a chance of someone blowing another one.
the point I was trying to make is that, is that Boston is injury prone. It wasn't meant for smack, it's a fact. Someone had to drag Willis into this because I'm a bills fan? Does that make those finfans who question Boston health issues fairweathered fans?

Justasportsfan said:
the point I was trying to make is that, is that Boston is injury prone. It wasn't meant for smack, it's a fact. Someone had to drag Willis into this because I'm a bills fan? Does that make those finfans who question Boston health issues fairweathered fans?

Oh I agree (except about the injury prone thing, I think he just has had a run of bad luck) ... I wasnt trying to talk smack (well except the making fun of his name thing). In fact was trying to say I dont see where people think he should be ready for another ACL injury just because he has had one.

I was just saying with today's medical advances ACL injuries are no where as bad as they used to be, and Just because someone had one they arent more likely to get another one because of it. If they rehab it right they are good to go.

Justasportsfan said:
No one doubts his God given talent. It's his character and his ability to stay healthy.

I'd love to see Boston realize his potential, make a huge impact and become a model teammate. Justasportsfan makes a trenchant point regarding Boston. I think too many people on this site are ignoring these drawbacks.

phinsforever said:
I'd love to see Boston realize his potential, make a huge impact and become a model teammate. Justasportsfan makes a trenchant point regarding Boston. I think too many people on this site are ignoring these drawbacks.

Its not so much that they are ignoring them ... Hmmm maybe they are but I know that some arent and are just going by how he reacted being here last year before he got injured. He dropped his weight to where we wanted it and was doing everything asked of him before he got injured. Then he got injured in a fluke accident and then the next year everyone brings up his past again without remembering what he did last year as a Dolphin.

So what if he blew up at an airline worker in an airport, anyone that has travelled enough has probably wanted to do the same thing. At least it wasnt as bad as some other things athletes do and get away with.

Back
Top Bottom