Comparing David Boston to other WR's | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comparing David Boston to other WR's

Omaha_Dolfan said:
Its not so much that they are ignoring them ... Hmmm maybe they are but I know that some arent and are just going by how he reacted being here last year before he got injured. He dropped his weight to where we wanted it and was doing everything asked of him before he got injured. Then he got injured in a fluke accident and then the next year everyone brings up his past again without remembering what he did last year as a Dolphin.

So what if he blew up at an airline worker in an airport, anyone that has travelled enough has probably wanted to do the same thing. At least it wasnt as bad as some other things athletes do and get away with.
Speculations out there whether he's injury prone or personality does not go without merit. The simple fact that teams aren't rushing to get a wr who once caught for 1500 simply means, there are worries.

Here's another thought. His recievers coach (Tyke Tolbert) the year he went to the probowl, is the wr coach of the bills. Why didn't the bills snag him is he was cheap?

Justasportsfan said:
Speculations out there whether he's injury prone or personality does not go without merit. The simple fact that teams aren't rushing to get a wr who once caught for 1500 simply means, there are worries.

If he get's his act straight he will cause damage.

Oh I agree completely that he used to be a major problem for teams, and I dont mean teams trying to defend him. Especially for San Diego for example.

I just think he showed enough of an effort last year to conform to what the team wanted of him, to warrant the risk of the signing.

And IF(and I think everyone here is posting more on this aspect than if he doesnt) he gets his act together I agree he can cause some damage.

Justasportsfan said:

Here's another thought. His recievers coach (Tyke Tolbert) the year he went to the probowl, is the wr coach of the bills. Why didn't the bills snag him is he was cheap?

I thought it was Jerry Sullivan.

Justasportsfan said:

Easy, they tried but he likes playing in Warm Weather climates and said screw that cold weather up there.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Disclaimer: Yes, this is just a fun post and not to be taken seriously

Omaha_Dolfan said:
Easy, they tried but he likes playing in Warm Weather climates and said screw that cold weather up there.

Disclaimer: Yes, this is just a fun post and not to be taken seriously

There's nothin like the Canadian Ballet in nearby Niagara falls though. I'm sure Boston would've loved that. A lot of the bills players go there to keep warm. :lol:

Justasportsfan said:
There's nothin like the Canadian Ballet in nearby Niagara falls though. I'm sure Boston would've loved that. A lot of the bills players go there to keep warm. :lol:

But in all seriousness and I know this is COMPLETELY off subject but damn Niagra Falls is AWESOME.

Omaha_Dolfan said:

But in all seriousness and I know this is COMPLETELY off subject but damn Niagra Falls is AWESOME.
They usually take the rookies there and make them take the tab.

Boik14 said:
Plummer and talented? Youre definitely mistaken. Maybe in comparison to the qb's we have but surely talented is not the right word for Jake the Fake. :lol:

Plummer has had a 4000 yard season. Fiedler, Lucas, Rosenfels, (Brian) Griese, Feeley, Shane Matthews, Jim Miller, Henry Burris, Chris Chandler, Cory Sauter, Rex Grossman, Cade McNown, and Kordell Stewart never have. I believe that's the exhaustive list of QBs Chambers and Booker have played with, btw.

That brings up another point -- in 2001 when Boston had his monster year, Plummer threw EVERY pass. Neither Booker nor Chambers have had that stability over a season at any point in their career. That's huge.

As to Boston being all of Arizona's offense, it hurts the case for Chambers. It really doesn't for Booker. Des White and Anthony Thomas in 2002 for the Bears are equivalent to the duo of Frank Sanders and Michael Pittman in 2001 for the Cardinals.

Great Post Man Way To Point Out Nothing But The Facts Thats What People Want To See And D.boston Is One Of The Elite Wr In Football If He Can Stay Out Of Trouble And Healthy Of Course. :yell: :fire: :evil:

Justasportsfan said:
Don't be stupid .What does Willis have to do with this?

Am I wrong in saying that Boston has injury issues? It's a simple question.

check this out. :rolleyes: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=79762

Willis has had 1 injury. Boston has had several. DUH!!!

He blew out his knee in high school and got hurt several times while he was at UM..I'm not arguing with you, but we are all excited about the signing, but you seem to keep trying to poop on our excitement. Let me ask you a question? How many Dolphins go on your message board and crap on your signings?

People, People don't be fool by the skeptics, our offense is now complete. DB is going to be monster for us, we now can't be stoped..I say with Saban's Defensive schemes, the rise of our special teams, and the talent and coaching on our Offense, we will definately compete for the championship..

Justasportsfan said:

What kind of question is that?? It's not up to the WR's coach to sign him, it's up to your GM. You think DB would want to play in Buffalo instead of Mia?? playing in great weather cities such as AZ, SD, and Miami, why would he ever want to play up there?? Boston wanted to come back to miami..Here's a quote "After meeting with Coach Saban and seeing what he's trying to do with the running back [Ronnie Brown], David feels part of the whole puzzle and is happy to come back to the Dolphins.''

And Also:

Boston, who was thoroughly examined and worked out by Dolphins' coaches last week, chose South Florida over an opportunity with the Tennessee Titans.

Back
Top Bottom