Confirmed 3 OL starters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confirmed 3 OL starters

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I know for sure we allready have 3 starters for our O-Line and the rest is up for grabs.

We allready have

Jeno James --LG--Definite lock
Rex Hadnot---RG --More impressive than Carey =definite lock
Stockar McDougle--RT --Lock--was brought here for that

The Center and LT positions are still uncertain.

Vernon Carey, Wade Smith, Mckintosh, McKinney,Damion Cook, and John StClaire will have to compete for the remaining positions, otherwise be cut or be a back-up if not cut...Anthony Alabi does not have a chance yet, he needs one more year to bulk up, even the press thought he looked like a tight end.

McKinney and MCkintosh could regain their starting spots and that would officially tag Vernon Carey as a bust....

Alabi is already 310.......he could bulk up more, but he's certainly bigger than a TE.

Alabi could be a nice suprise in a couple of years, or at a MINIMUM a very solid backup for us.

Carey better step up.....

BenchFiedler said:
I know for sure we allready have 3 starters for our O-Line and the rest is up for grabs.

We allready have

Vernon Carey, Wade Smith, Mckintosh, McKinney,Damion Cook, and John StClaire will have to compete for the remaining positions, otherwise be cut or be a back-up if not cut...Anthony Alabi does not have a chance yet, he needs one more year to bulk up, even the press thought he looked like a tight end.

McKinney and MCkintosh could regain their starting spots and that would officially tag Vernon Carey as a bust....
I think James is a lock at LG, but don't know about your others. Remember, Hadnot could compete for the center position, but I think he starts somewhere(center or RG)
McDougle I don't believe is a lock. Good possibility, but he'll be in the competition with the rest of the tackles.

BenchFiedler said:

We allready have

I don't think anyone is a lock with a new coaching staff and system. These guys will have to prove themselves. IMO everyone starts from scratch. I didn't see Hadnot being so great. I hope he pans out but what has he ever done to be a lock for a job? I'd say he better work his butt off to make the team first. I don't see anyway Carey is not starting. He is too big and talented - the question becomes where. They wouldn't be moving him to LT if they didn't think the kid was talented. They can always drop him to guard if need be. James and McDougle would be good guesses but again I don't see a lock for their jobs. Why would anyone be given a job now? New coaches - new system - there is no loyalty from this coaching staff right now - why would there be. Nobody has done anything for them yet. When the pads come on is when the jobs will be won. I say let them all line up and whoever can move Traylor and Chester out of the way (or rather pick them up) gets the job. Those are 2 BIG bodies!

I'd rather see Hadnot at C with Carey at RG. That is if Carey doesn't get the LT starting position....

That is if Carey doesn't get the LT starting position....

you should be a comedian, you had me laughing :)

MelbournePhin said:
That is if Carey doesn't get the LT starting position....

you should be a comedian, you had me laughing :)

I read Saban was going to try Carey at LT. He certainly has more potential than the other LT candidates. When Carey did play last year he was very good......I don't see it being that big of a stretch. That being said......I feel he'd probably be a better guard because he's a better run blocker than pass blocker.

James and McDougle are locks.

Carey, IMO, is a lock to start (somewhere).

They still have to prove it on the field but there is a good selection of players here to have one of the best Offensive lines in the league.

John St. Clair
Damion McIntosh
Jeno James
Stockar McDougle

Our four best linemen. Bar any injury-They will be on the field the first week of September.

I love our depth this year:

Tackle - Mcintosh, Carey, St. Clair, McDougle, Smith

Guard - James, Hadnot, McKinney, Carey, Whitley, McDougle, St. Clair

Center - McKinney, Hadnot, St. Clair

Not sure anyone on our OL is a "lock" until HH or Saban says so.

BenchFiedler said:

We allready have

Good post, I agree those three are locks too.. don't know if Hadnot will be at RG or Center yet, but, the way it sounds, he's certainly put him in position to start.. the other two are pretty solid.. and yes.. it's up to the rest to show why the can start on this line and succeed.. nice post..

Y'know, after reading this and thinking it over, I'm actually thinking this line could be pretty good. Hope I'm not being a naive homer, but I'm not as concerned as I was a short time ago. Now if Brown performs and Boston and RW return and play well, we could be pretty scary on O for a change.

BenchFiedler said:

We allready have

Sounds good 2 me

My opinion......

LT - Damion McIntosh - If he is healthy he is OK, the rest of them are busts!
LG - Jeno James - He is good and with a solid job of the C and the LT he should improve a lot.
C - John St. Clair - Center is his natural position and I think he will be Solid on this spot.
RG - Rex Hadnot - The best surprise of last year, I believe Rex could turn in to a monster guard in a couple of years!
RT - Stockar McDougle - They brought him for two reasons, number one, he is going to start, and number two he is going to replace an OK RT (St. Clair), and then let him play his best position ..... C.

Carey will be a solid depth at both RT and RG.
McKinney should see his last year as a Miami Dolphin.
Cook may not even make the team.
Smith and Weathley only for depth.
Alabi will surprise me if he can get into the 53 man roster. I think practice squad is more probable.

Back
Top Bottom