Confirmed 3 OL starters | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confirmed 3 OL starters

No, actually, we dont have ANY confirmed starters at this point, thanks.

What we DO know is that Damion McIntosh, Vernon Carey, and John St.Clair are competing for LT.

We do know that Saban and Houck like Vernon Carey alot.

We do know that Saban and Houck think John St.Clair did a good job last season, so odds are he will end up at very least back at RT again.

We do know that Jeno James does not fit the mold of either Linehan or Houck's usual players, and his play was not up to par last season. He is nowhere close to a lock at his starting job, as he doesnt fit the mold, played poorly last season, and is expensive.

We know that the team likes Rex Hadnot. It's quite possible that if he earns a starting position, it will be at Center, and not Guard, which would probabaly be the best fit for him.

We also do know that the players who do NOT win shots at Tackle likely will have shots at the interior, as Vernon Carey, Stockar McDougle, John St.Clair, and Damion McIntosh would likely all be better interior players then exterior players, and fit the mold better at Guard then Tackle.

We know that Wade Smith will get a shot at Center.

link???

cause i believe that you only have 2 of the 3 right

you dont know what saban and houck have planned

its still too early to tell (we havent even begun training camp yet)

good thoughts though

Breed said:
I read Saban was going to try Carey at LT. He certainly has more potential than the other LT candidates. When Carey did play last year he was very good......I don't see it being that big of a stretch. That being said......I feel he'd probably be a better guard because he's a better run blocker than pass blocker.

Damien McIntosh started at LT for 3 years in San Diego, with Hudson Houck as his line coach. LT is way too key of a position for someone to hang on to a starting job for 3 years if you can't get the job done. We have to remember that McIntosh was coming off major surgery on both ankles last season, and was not close to 100%. If McIntosh is healthy, I don't think Carey has a chance of beating him out. Carey just doesn't have the quick footwork for the position. Coming out of the draft, most experts felt his best projection was at guard. I think that's where he winds up, with Hadnot shifting over into the competition for Center. Saban has said that Hadnot has impressed him the most at the position. But, considering Taylor Whitley is the main competition, I don't think that's saying a lot. Houck is going to realize how important it is for the line to play together. So, I expect we'll see a couple of decisions made very early in camp, or maybe even shortly before. I expect they'll name McDougal and McIntosh the starters at LT and RT, and the only real competition in camp will come down to C and RG.

DANTODUPER said:
My opinion......

LT - Damion McIntosh - If he is healthy he is OK, the rest of them are busts!
LG - Jeno James - He is good and with a solid job of the C and the LT he should improve a lot.
C - John St. Clair - Center is his natural position and I think he will be Solid on this spot.
RG - Rex Hadnot - The best surprise of last year, I believe Rex could turn in to a monster guard in a couple of years!
RT - Stockar McDougle - They brought him for two reasons, number one, he is going to start, and number two he is going to replace an OK RT (St. Clair), and then let him play his best position ..... C.
QUOTE]

This is how I see things turning out too. I'll really be dissapointed if Carey doesn't start but at the same time, it doesn't look likely. Hopefully he catches on and tears it up in training camp. Too bad the Eagles snagged S.Andrews before we had a chance. I predict he'll have a tremendous career as opposed to Carey who is plagued with question marks.

Actually, if I'm reading this Finheaven Salary Cap page right, cutting Jeno James after June 1st saves us 2 million against the cap.

islandah said:
I think James is a lock at LG, but don't know about your others. Remember, Hadnot could compete for the center position, but I think he starts somewhere(center or RG)
McDougle I don't believe is a lock. Good possibility, but he'll be in the competition with the rest of the tackles.
Did Hadnot not say, at some point last season, that his preferred position was OC?

The knock on Carey is that supposedly he's dumb and can't learn the system. Maybe Houck is a better teacher.

I'd love to see Hadnot at center. That position sets the tone for the whole line, and Hadnot is by far the nastiest guy we have at OL. Here's my ideal lineup:

LT -- McIntosh
LG -- James
C -- Hadnot
RG -- Carey
RT -- McDougle

That line averages about 330.

bright-light said:
Did Hadnot not say, at some point last season, that his preferred position was OC?

He may be impressing people, but I don't think he's ready to be our offensive coordinator.:)

DANTODUPER said:
My opinion......

LT - Damion McIntosh - If he is healthy he is OK, the rest of them are busts!
LG - Jeno James - He is good and with a solid job of the C and the LT he should improve a lot.
C - John St. Clair - Center is his natural position and I think he will be Solid on this spot.
RG - Rex Hadnot - The best surprise of last year, I believe Rex could turn in to a monster guard in a couple of years!
RT - Stockar McDougle - They brought him for two reasons, number one, he is going to start, and number two he is going to replace an OK RT (St. Clair), and then let him play his best position ..... C.

Carey will be a solid depth at both RT and RG.
McKinney should see his last year as a Miami Dolphin.
Cook may not even make the team.
Smith and Weathley only for depth.
Alabi will surprise me if he can get into the 53 man roster. I think practice squad is more probable.

That'll do for me

With all due respect to anyone whom this may concern...

St Clair WILL NOT start at C... he has not played there in the pros and will not start doing it now.

You are right about Carey vs Andrews but remember Hadnot was a low round pick, so.... maybe Carey is a bust (because he was taken so high!!!!) but Hadnot could somehow compensate the dumb decision of drafting Carey that high.

I really feel something special about Crowder and Roth, maybe they will be our Taylor and Zach of the future!

Next year we need a solid DT and a LT! the Qb problem will be solved by the end of this year in which Linehan will proove if either of our QB's is cappable enough! My guess... Gus is OK and Feeley is OK (both of them will stay one more year), and we are going to follow the Ravens aproach!! DEFENCE wins Championships!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom