Confirmed Tua’s CT and MRI came back clean | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confirmed Tua’s CT and MRI came back clean

Mind boggling that people are actually getting their panties in a bunch over that..

Like, he was cleared Sunday, and that wasn’t good enough for some people. So they monitor him JUST TO BE SURE, during the week, and this is therefore evidence that he surely must have been concussed

lemmings man, lemmings. As Ray would say
Relevant point as well was that the NFLPA had said the day of the Sunday game that they wanted the NFL to look into the concussion protocol that Tua went through during the Buffalo game. OF COURSE the Dolphins would run tests following that.

Aren't there sensors (accelerometers) in the helmets that could be a point of reference here? As in a flashing light that goes off upon a certain severity of impact, automatically triggering further testing--by qualified medical staff--with or without any manifest symptoms? If not then that really seems like the "improved protocol" that's needed. Figured this was possible even in the 20th century once auto air bags were developed. With technology we don't need subjective observations by lay folk.
That's a good point. I googled and found this sensor that can be used in football helmets. Retails at $180. Says that almost all concussions occur with an impact of 70 to 100g.

The issue might be that with NFL players, the number of 'at risk' hits that are not resulting in a concussion might make the game non-tenable.

Aren't there sensors (accelerometers) in the helmets that could be a point of reference here? As in a flashing light that goes off upon a certain severity of impact, automatically triggering further testing--by qualified medical staff--with or without any manifest symptoms? If not then that really seems like the "improved protocol" that's needed. Figured this was possible even in the 20th century once auto air bags were developed. With technology we don't need subjective observations by lay folk.
The NFL seems more interested in CYA and optics and media/public outrage than technological advancements. But since you thought of it - portable video-occulography (looks like those VR game goggles) along with precise King-Devick tests could be done on the sideline or locker room, and have been very good at ruling in or ruling out concussions in recent studies. They're also almost completely objective, and not "fakable". You'd think they'd at least do it in between games. Maybe they do - there's been so much said and written, but not much real clear info...

I think this guy is right. This isn’t about concussions. Players get concussions and finish games all the time. Without being evaluated. They just want Tua out of football.

I hope he comes back and plays perfect. They will still try to get him out of the game but it would be impossible if he plays great.

You would think he was an abuser, sexual deviant, or a locker room cancer. I can’t understand the hate. I know I posted something similar earlier this week but I just saw this video stating the same thing.

yaaa no thanks no way in hell i`m listening to that loud mouth .

I think what everyone is saying is that the dolphins wont have a choice the nfl will make that decision for them .
The NFL has no say in the matter. Do you see them telling other teams when their players can return from concussions? No you don’t. If they try to pull something like that they will get sued.

I have a concussion from all the BS spewing from the armchair medical experts and media morons. We need to start a NFLFA (National Football League Fan Association) so we can sue and demand compensation from the media for our subsequent brain damage from listening to them.

I nominate Ray as the President!

Or they're covering their back. My guess is that at this point a lot of it will be about PR.
I dont think his concussion was as serious as it looked (compared to other concussions). The 1st sign was how quickly he was released from the hospital. Also, i read that he is back with his teammates, which is another sign he is doing really well. Normally, after a concussion, bright lights bother you so you spend your time at home to avoid it. If this happened to any other team/player, they would miss 1 or 2 games depending on their symptoms but because its Tua and the Dolphins, people will complain when he returns, even if he is out for 1 month. It really does seem like the NFL/media has it out for the Dolphins considering how all the other concussed players barely get mentioned in the news.

I dont think his concussion was as serious as it looked (compared to other concussions). The 1st sign was how quickly he was released from the hospital. Also, i read that he is back with his teammates, which is another sign he is doing really well. Normally, after a concussion, bright lights bother you so you spend your time at home to avoid it. If this happened to any other team/player, they would miss 1 or 2 games depending on their symptoms but because its Tua and the Dolphins, people will complain when he returns, even if he is out for 1 month. It really does seem like the NFL/media has it out for the Dolphins considering how all the other concussed players barely get mentioned in the news.
Let me say this before people accuse me of caring more about the Dolphins than I do Tua's health. I support Tua more than my own team right now (not the current the staff but the Dolphins as a whole. We have treated Tua so poorly before McD got here, that whatever Tua does, I will support and be happy for him even if he retires (which unless he has a serious brain injury, which is doubtful since he already wants to play). He is a good kid who deserves better from our organization (which he is getting now) and from the media (who is at least %50 or more to blame for Tua feeling like he had to lie about having a concussion (if thats what happened since its all speculation).

Online experts failed him more.

Even the ones here on Finheaven.

We had more experts in neurology since last Sunday graduate from their couch than ever. Congrats to all who now have new careers.
Yeah either that or I'm buying Holiday Inn stock with the amount of people who obviously stayed there prior to the Bill's game.

That's a good point. I googled and found this sensor that can be used in football helmets. Retails at $180. Says that almost all concussions occur with an impact of 70 to 100g.

The issue might be that with NFL players, the number of 'at risk' hits that are not resulting in a concussion might make the game non-tenable.

First there needs to be testing. For an extreme example, if sensors show every player experiences a 70-100g impact 3-8 times a game, that's the end of football. Hx shows very few concussions i a game so it's unlikely every 70+ results in concussion. OTOH, if it only flags a player for evaluation, maybe not a bad idea.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Tua pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I have seen a handful of his uploads. I never thought of him as a loudmouth. He might be a bit of a homer but I’m okay with that. Lol

Barry is 100 percent homer but does know who stuff about the X's and O's or at least he sounds like he does.

Back
Top Bottom