Congrats to drake | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Congrats to drake

I liked Drake a lot. Really think he can bring explosiveness and big play potential to an offense. But the thing is that he was in the last year of a contract. You don't want to overpay, especially at the front end of a rebuild for a RB that gets dinged a bit and has put the ball on the ground in some key situations. If you don't think you can keep him on a team friendly deal, move him and get something. It's a business...

he didn't want a ticket on rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic

I think I need to clarify some things. Drinking at a bar, watching a game and posting are not the best things. I love all the picks and cash we will have. I love the plan in place. I do get tired of players leaving here and looking MUCH better elsewhere. It does not leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling about how they were used by ANY of our staffs. There is a reason we go through so many. You can say what you want but Minkah is making plays he didn’t make here. Drake played the best team in the NFL (arguably) and looked great. Hell Tannehill has Tennessee moving in the right direction. Are we cursed? Just gets old and I pray we hit on these picks. More importantly I hope we have the people in place that can utilize them correctly.

I'm happy with the return - the carousel of RBs in the NFL is the greater point here

You're either in Tier 1 where you can handle 15-20 touches a game, every game, and reliably dump 1300+ all purpose yards in a season....or you're replaceable

IMO it's that simple

So yea, congrats to Drake....but it still won't get him paid. I remember when people bitched about trading Jay Ajayi.

We don't use players effectively and have a horrible OL. Tannehill would get killed here, Drake couldn't do anything.

Is sad to see all the players we move flourish with other teams. I understand the plan but when players flourish its because we did not use them properly. Poor coaching does that. Why not use Drake like the Cardinals did. Why use Minkah as a corner when clearly his best position is safety. Why move Tannehill for so little?

ALL of them?
They ALL flourish huh?

It was one game - he was obviously playing with a chip on his shoulder and was trying to show something out there. While I am happy to see him do well, I won't call his stint in Arizona a smashing success just yet. Especially when their #1 RB and #2 RB are nursing injuries and didn't play. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out and how much playing time he gets when they come back. And see what the Dolphins do with the draft pick before we declare this is a failure by management.

Lol, Since when have people ever sat back and looked at the big picture?
One game is a future HOFer! That's how the math works.

Nothing keeping you here either.

Maybe join Cardsheaven.com?

Screenname "GOcards54" might be available.

Complain...Complain...Then go quiet when the team has success...then complain...complain as soon as something goes wrong. A bunch of opportunist...

You won't hear a pep about Drake when he turns the ball over and finishes with 30 yards rushing...

Wonder what ever happened with those Jarvis Landry is going to be the greatest thing with the Browns next season threads?

Talent is talent. We have thrown all of ours away. Now we have to hope we hit in the draft. Hitting on a QB in the first round is very hit and miss, no matter how highly rated out of college they are. What we are doing is desperate and no 'winner' would ever associate with such an episode.

Yes, the ARZ Cardinals found out you need to get the QB right. Sadly, we have some here still wanting to justify the swap of 2nds as ARZ learned from their mistake...and quickly moved on.

Complain...Complain...Then go quiet when the team has success...then complain...complain as soon as something goes wrong. A bunch of opportunist...

You won't hear a pep about Drake when he turns the ball over and finishes with 30 yards rushing...

Wonder what ever happened with those Jarvis Landry is going to be the greatest thing with the Browns next season threads?
Say it loud for the people in back. I can't stop laughing at the reactions.

Point is if market is so little why not keep him and trade him at deadline if market for him improves. If not use him like Fitzmagic.

Cap savings for 2020 and maybe just wanting a clean break from him.

This thread is going about the same as the one about Drake before he was traded.

On this site their are a bunch of fanboys. The ones that once LOVED Brandon Marshall and those that LOVED Landry.

I am a fanboy of players that actually make an impact enough to change games. Paying Landry what he wanted was beyond ridiculous. His replacement, Albert Wilson basically won two games by himself within his first four with the Dolphins.

That last Drake thread consisted of about 75% posters believing he was a backup with no every down, elite back potential. That by itself was ridiculous to me, especially since our team has such little talent.

My feelings haven’t changed. We under utilized him, he definitely has potential to be an elite back and the damage had already been done ( as far as signing him) prior to this year.

I do believe he will succeed in Arizona. I’m not aware of too many back up RBs that give you a 10+ yard run every 9.15 carries, or one that can turn such limited touches into so many tds last year.

Yes, the ARZ Cardinals found out you need to get the QB right. Sadly, we have some here still wanting to justify the swap of 2nds as ARZ learned from their mistake...and quickly moved on.

Tannehill was the best QB we’ve had since Marino. He’s only going to get better in Tennessee and their coaches suck too

Back
Top Bottom