Convicts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Convicts

Marino got caught making bombs. He got life in the Hall of Fame.

Agua said:
Ok. Well, you'll understand then why we couldn't care less about Kerry Collins.

What I'am saying is that Kerry clean his act up and lead a team to the Super Bowl. Why can't Ricky do the same? If he cleans his act up, and gets to play in the game we all want to see, then why not in a Dolphins uniform? Would you rather see Ricky in a Jets uniform? Nobody on here knows whats going on in his head, maybe he wants to play again, we'll see in a couple of months.

Where did you find the pros and cons of the NFL ??
what I really would like to know is how many Bills are in it.Im sick of there Dolfelons crap,as if all the Bills players are saints.some info would be great

Thanks

calphin said:
what I really would like to know is how many Bills are in it.Im sick of there Dolfelons crap,as if all the Bills players are saints.some info would be great

Thanks

This book came out in 1998. You can go to Borders or Barnes & Noble and get a copy. It's really a great book. It doesn't rip the Dolphins, but the league, and the league was worried when this book came out. One team, I forget which one right off hand, actually drafted a conviced murderer in college. The player somehow got off and got to play in the NFL. The book doesn't really talk about a team or teams, but the players the league allowed to play. The league made a statement saying something like.....if the court system doesn't jail a guy, then who are we to keep a guy from making a living. Like I said, its a good read.

steveincolorado said:
What I'am saying is that Kerry clean his act up and lead a team to the Super Bowl. Why can't Ricky do the same? If he cleans his act up, and gets to play in the game we all want to see, then why not in a Dolphins uniform? Would you rather see Ricky in a Jets uniform? Nobody on here knows whats going on in his head, maybe he wants to play again, we'll see in a couple of months.

Oh, he could, he could. The last thing from him a few days ago, though, he stated he was having a hard time dealing with people in the US after having spent the last several months with some Vietnamese Swami in India. Doesn't sound like he's got his $hit together yet.

Predaphin said:
If given the chance (and in their prime), which one of these guys on the list would you guys be willing to take back??? feel free to choose multiple answers...
collins, he actually had potential.

Predaphin said:
If given the chance (and in their prime), which one of these guys on the list would you guys be willing to take back??? feel free to choose multiple answers...

Here's a quick answer- none of them.

How'd any of those convicts work out???? Did any of them help Miami win ANY meaningful games.

Do you guys just think its cool to employ criminals, wife beaters, arsonists, drug addicts etc?

Do any of you have any memory or integrity? Criminals don't work in the NFL or society. Drug addicts don't either, and don't tell me Ricky isn't a drug addict. He walked away from a great career so he could smoke pot. That's a drug addict.

calphin said:

Thanks

Its a Warner mm paperback, still in print I believe.

Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, Cornelius Bennett and a few other Bills have had their run ins with the law due to drugs, wife beating, sexual assaults etc.

It ain't just us but ol' Jimmuh's penchant for bringing in lawbreakers wasn't good on or off the field for Miami.

I hope Saban doesn't go down this path too much longer.

Boik14 said:
collins, he actually had potential.

You're a funny guy.

You're willing to give RW and Dave Boston, two guys who were smoking dope and beating up airport security last year another chance yet you slam a guy who hung in there despite no running game, OL or o-coordinator at all last season.

Guess this is the new breed of Dolphin fan. Reminds me too much of the current crop of Yankee fans.

Check out the fromt page "Top Stories". Sounds like WH is okay with bringing in players with ??

I kept waiting for someone to say that these were all JJ's players, Euguene Morris was a Don Shula guy. If you go a dig a little bit, you'll find more. Irving Spikes was a Don Shula boy. I don't know for sure, but I know that Irving Fryar was a member of a gang while he played in New England and he cleaned up his act, another Shula boy.
All Ricky did was quit, did he do time in jail for smoking? No. We've had and just signed players that have had troubled past. All I'am saying is that we had players on this team that has done a lot worse than what Ricky did.

Ricky is not a convict, just a flawed human...looked in the mirror lately?

If Ricky would have quit after the season giving us a chance to replace him either thru the draft or fre agency we probably wouldn't be talking about him...oh yeah there was that little thing about how he liked smoking pot...but, seriously Barry did the same thing here in Detroit and they still hate him.

steveincolorado said:
Why is nobody ripping Kerry Collins for quitting on Carolina DURING the season. Whats the diffrence? Kerry was a drunk and Ricky smoked pot.

Larmar Thomas, Robert Baker, Lawrence Phillips, Charles Jordon all spent time in jail BEFORE they were Dolphins.

Cecil Collins went to jail still a member of the Dolphins

Eugene Morris was after his playing days. Kinda like Nate Newton of the Cowboys.

Also add to the list.....RB Irving Spikes, cocaine

They also forgot to mention RB Sammie Smith and RB Bobby Humphries

steveincolorado said:
With all the mixed feelings about Ricky Williams, lets take a look at it.

All Ricky did was quit, the Dolphins have had its share of CONVICTS.

WR Charles Jordon, gave money he made from the Dolphins to the gang "Bloods" in Los Angeles. Been in jail.

WR Larmar Thomas,
RB Cecil Collins
RB Irving Spikes
RB Eugene Morris
RB Lawrence Phillips
WR Robert Baker

This came from the book "Pros and Cons of the NFL"

These are just a few Dolphins players that I looked up from the book.
the sad thing is that OJ was innocent :huh:

Back
Top Bottom