Cook Coming to Miami is now Cooking | Page 255 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cook Coming to Miami is now Cooking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they come with the original package like on your next order? Lol
No idea what you are even talking about. Not a boner pill expert.

Dude said it was his Bday, and wanted gift cards. No gift cards, but I just thought a nice coupon was the next best thing....

No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

The Fins aren't trying to sign a big name running back because they're a 70-30 pass oriented team, they could use Leonard Fournette for goal line duties but because they have so much misdirection and motion in the offense it would be kind of a moat point unless it's winter in Buffalo and the team is at the one yard line, If I was a betting man the should look at Kareem Hunt, strong, agile. shifty, and won't cost a lots of dough. Cook and Taylor would change your quick strike ability to your receivers and it would dictate what you're doing on offense because you have to feed those guys the ball.

The Fins aren't trying to sign a big name running back because they're a 70-30 pass oriented team, they could use Leonard Fournette for goal line duties but because they have so much misdirection and motion in the offense it would be kind of a moat point unless it's winter in Buffalo and the team is at the one yard line, If I was a betting man the should look at Kareem Hunt, strong, agile. shifty, and won't cost a lots of dough. Cook and Taylor would change your quick strike ability to your receivers and it would dictate what you're doing on offense because you have to feed those guys the ball.

Did you see Kareem Hunt play last year? Whatever he had, he doesn't have it anymore. Hard pass on Hunt.

Same for Fournette.

I’d rather not have such a pass happy attack particularly when protecting Tua this year is so important. Really could use a little more balance and I worry about what backs we will have healthy heading into the key Dec/Jan games with the current makeup of the RB room.

Did you see Kareem Hunt play last year? Whatever he had, he doesn't have it anymore. Hard pass on Hunt.

Same for Fournette.
I’m not sure if Kareem lost it, or he just didn’t want to be in Cleveland. I recall he tried to finagle his way out of there before last season started.
Which I can understand, the wife is from Cleveland, and I get forced to visit her snagged toothed mama up there on occasion 😞

As far as Fournette, he was victimized by a terrible O line last season….can’t say he’d do well with the O Line (or some say lack of O Line) we have right now!

I’d rather not have such a pass happy attack particularly when protecting Tua this year is so important. Really could use a little more balance and I worry about what backs we will have healthy heading into the key Dec/Jan games with the current makeup of the RB room.

Exactly. Thats the problem. If we had a guy like Cook who could be leaned on for 2 downs, it would make life so much easier in the pass game. Combine him with Achane and pray for the OL to not suck, and thats a much more balanced attack - which is what McDaniels ran in SF.

Here, he has to go more pass happy due to the personnel he has. I love having speed on offense as much as the next guy, but being able to go tight and run the ball when needed would take this offense to the next level.

I don't believe Miami wants to be a 70-30 pass team. My guess is they would love to be a 60-40 or even 55-45 pass team. I think McD's lack of trust in the run game last season resulted in him abandoning the run too often last season. I know that improving/utilizing the run game, improving the defensive coaching, protecting Tua and reducing the pre-snap penalties were amonst the things that were offseason priorities. My feeling is that if they don't have a run game they can trust more (whether with Cook, Mostert, Achane or whomever) then the season will be a disappointment. Having a running game they can trust is a huge key for success this season. I'd put it up there with Tua's health and the defense being a top 10 unit as the three biggest keys for Miami this year.

I don't like the Fournette option b/c he's limited. He has only been successful running in gap schemes. We use a ton of zone runs where he struggles. Hunt would have been fine a year or two ago, but he looks washed up. Maybe it was just a down year, but RBs tend to decline quickly. I don't see him rebounding as a good bet. I also don't see him as better than Mostert or Achane this season. He'd probably compete with Gaskins for a spot at this point (who is a long shot to make the team barring an injury).

I hesitate prolonging this thread, but...

Wouldn't investing in a better #2 QB be more advantageous?

For example, Matt Corral if he doesn't stick w/ Carolina?

If Matt Corral can't stick w/ Carolina, he's not a #2 quarterback.
Exactly. The Panthers drafted Young and decided to sign Dalton to be his backup. They obviously felt that Corral wasn’t anything more than a 3rd QB at best after watching him last year.

While White and Thompson aren’t great as backup QB’s, I don’t see Corral being an upgrade over either of them. He was an okay college QB but I will be surprised if he still in the league in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom