Cooks Traded To The Rams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cooks Traded To The Rams

Tannenbum panicked on the Landry trade. I don't know if Cooks contract is as steep as Landry's but that may be another reason for more compensation for Cooks.
Two completely different situations.

Jarvis was a free agent. Cooks isn't.

Whoever we traded Jarvis to had to be willing to pay him the franchise tag amount (just under $16 million) for 2018 if he doesn't sign a long term deal. It's a miracle we were able to get anything under those circumstances.

I think Cooks is under contract for around $8 million next season. Apples and oranges.

Last edited:
Gave up a first round pick for a player under contract for only 1 year. Wow. How do the Patriots make these deals?

They just keep meddling in our business in a round about way by adding another #1 pick to their arsenal by trading Brandin Cooks to the Rams. They are now in a better position than us to move up and grab a QB as are the Bills...........Get ready for a non-sexy pick at 11 and a "2nd tier" QB to be drafted later on as I have been yelling for some time..............

What in B.B. history gives you that assumption that he’s trading up for a QB? Curious

I'm confused. Is this post under the assumption that the Bills and Pats both trade up in the top 10 and all the QB's will be taken by 11?

If anybody is thinking non QB at 11, just remember Jax. They passed on Watson for Fournette.
That was not a good decision to say the least without going overboard with language. You can also refer to the Browns.

Until you have that rookie phenom who wins, on a rookie contract, so you can fitmly extend him to make a run at more SBs, you do not have the QB.
And that is where we are at.

Our QB is not a phenom like Brady, Big Ben, Russ, Wentz. It does not matter that he developed well into a starter, nor that they invested six years in him.
He is not a phenom. Until we get one, the pursuit in first round is all about that QB. And this is as good a year as any.

Any other player drafted in first round is just roster filler of no consequence, like Jawuan James, Mike Pouncey, Devante Parker, Charles Harris, etc.
Derwin James and Tremaine Edmunds are no different. A big nothing.

WHY do all of these stupid-*** teams continue to help NE EVERY year with trades???
I was thinking this when I heard the news. If I'm a GM, I'm not taking Belichick's calls. Seriously, has he ever "lost" on any of these trades? I would treat him like the Jehovah's Witnesses if he came knocking on my door. "Everyone, quiet, sshhhh. Stay still. Maybe he will think no one is home and just leave"

First questionable offseason move by the Rams IMHO but when you’re all in....

I would actually much prefer the Patriots trade all their picks to get a QB than to rebuild the D or offensive line.

If anybody is thinking non QB at 11, just remember Jax. They passed on Watson for Fournette.
That was not a good decision to say the least without going overboard with language. You can also refer to the Browns.

Until you have that rookie phenom who wins, on a rookie contract, so you can fitmly extend him to make a run at more SBs, you do not have the QB.
And that is where we are at.

Our QB is not a phenom like Brady, Big Ben, Russ, Wentz. It does not matter that he developed well into a starter, nor that they invested six years in him.
He is not a phenom. Until we get one, the pursuit in first round is all about that QB. And this is as good a year as any.

Any other player drafted in first round is just roster filler of no consequence, like Jawuan James, Mike Pouncey, Devante Parker, Charles Harris, etc.
Derwin James and Tremaine Edmunds are no different. A big nothing.

I agree with the QB thought, but still think you need divergence makers sprinkled throughout the roster. Especially on D.

I can see the Patriots using their picks to get Ridley in first. Saban connection, replaces Cooks on the cheap, would be deadly from the start with Brady IMO.

I was thinking this when I heard the news. If I'm a GM, I'm not taking Belichick's calls. Seriously, has he ever "lost" on any of these trades? I would treat him like the Jehovah's Witnesses if he came knocking on my door. "Everyone, quiet, sshhhh. Stay still. Maybe he will think no one is home and just leave"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...elease-de-kony-ealy-trade-panthers/605496001/

New England Patriots give up on DE Kony Ealy after offseason trade. ... The team released defensive end Kony Ealy on Saturday. A second-round draft pick of the Carolina Panthers in 2014, Ealy was acquired by New England in the offseason along with a third-round pick for their second rounder

The Ealy trade was a complete failure by the Patriots. Couldn't even get a full season from the guy.

Back
Top Bottom