coolest dolphins thing you have? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

coolest dolphins thing you have?

i have a christmas card from the 1972-1973 dolphins w/ team photo. all season ticket holders got them that year, i suppose, but my mom wouldn't let my dad hold on to it any longer. so he gave it to me. it's junk basically, but kinda funny.

"Being a huge Chris Chambers fan, IM JEALOUS!!! Very cool item man."

The funny thing is I was buying the card at a local card shop, and there were like 4 of those cards(so I thought), and I love Chambers so I got 1(just randomly picked one from the pile). It was 40 cents. After I got home, I started to put it away, and noticed a symbol in the corner that I didn't remember on the other 3. It was a silver symbol saying a "A decad of Excellence" or something like that. I looked on the back and in silver #'s it said 4/10. I flipped out. Needless to say, being the fan that I am, I later went back and got the normal card that should have been 40 cents also.

Marino's rookie year, Topps cards came in packs of partially clear plastic. My uncle has an unopened pack, in which you can see a Marino rookie on top, and on the bottom. It's awesome. I have a Marino rookie, but he has seven or eight of them.

DiepatriotsDie said:
Marino's rookie year, Topps cards came in packs of partially clear plastic. My uncle has an unopened pack, in which you can see a Marino rookie on top, and on the bottom. It's awesome. I have a Marino rookie, but he has seven or eight of them.

that is one of a kind,thats the coolest thing i have ever heard of wow!
i wonder how much its worth still in the pack with 2 marino cards!

I'm guessing more than I can afford, as I don't have one yet. Damn you college tuition and books. :(

rickysux said:
that is one of a kind,thats the coolest thing i have ever heard of wow!
i wonder how much its worth still in the pack with 2 marino cards!

I'm not quite sure how much it's worth, but I know I threaten to swipe it everytime I'm over. He leaves it right there in the open, with all of his other Marino stuff. He's got a couple of those limited edition paintings and lithographs. Everything autographed. Throwing money around is nothing for him when it comes to Marino.

I really don't have anything worth big bucks or anything, but I do have 2 marino jerseys that are in such condition that it looks like I bought them yesterday. One from 1991 (aqua...quite blue back then really) and also a 75th white marino jersey from I believe 1994....the 75th anniversary one with the patch on the left upper chest. I swear those jerseys are in as good of shape as my Chambers jersey that's only 2 years old.

Oh, the Ricky jersey.... Let's just say that didn't make it through the night that he quit.

I have a Dan Marino 343 td pass kit sold on qvc. I think only about 5000 were sold. It has a t-shirt, hat, pin, pen,tie clip and a couple other items i can't think of. Nothing has ever been used. One day it might be worth a few bucks!! I'll never sell it though.

I also have a rack pack with a Marino rookie on the front...wish there was one on the back too, but I do have Howie Long on the back. I have alot of Dolphin items, jerseys, autos, etc, but being a card collector growing up that has to be my favorite.

An old Riddel Miami full size helmet. It has number 33 on the back, and its pretty old so I'm not sure who that was at the time.

I have an autographed picture of JT playing the pats which I really like. I also have the panoramic photo of Dolphins Stadium which happens to be Marinos last home game and you can see him in each scoreboard in the shotgun. It's pretty cool. I've got numerous Marino photos including 2 sports illustrated front pages. Jerseys, Jerseys and more Jerseys. Unforyunately I have a ricky photo, that is really nice, of his first game as a fin and he is tearing up the Lions. Not sure what to do with it yet.

when my dad was a kid bob heinz got the whole 71 team to sign a football for him and his brother because his uncle knew heinz from college... of course being the 11 year old kid he was, he played w/ it in the streets... you can barely read most of the signatures. but i now have the football!!!

I also have a 1972 Miami Dolphins Dr.Pepper bottle, still sealed, its pretty awesome!

Back
Top Bottom