Copa America Thread

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
First game

Colombia- 1
Venezuela-0

Colombia wasted 4 clear goals opportunities which almost cost them 3 points in the end since Venezulea came close to schoring in the last five minutes.

Second game

Peru vs Bolivia

2-2

Peru really put it together after falling 2-neil in the second half and recover just in time.Did any one catch the goal by Bolivian player?WHAT A GOAL!

Thanks for starting this thread, I am in Peru right now. Ice ;)

Good games last night. Colombia vs Venezuela should not have ended 1-0. Colombians sure know how to dive, because that is what got them the PK....

My Peruvians came out attacking a little too much and they got counter attacked and scored. The 2nd Bolivian goal was a Top 5 Goal of the Copa America. As for Peru, I felt they should have won, they attacked all second half...they were so close from getting the game winner. The equalizer by Roberto Palacios was amazing as well. Vamos Peru carajo!!! And Argentina WINS tonight as well...!!!

Prime Time said:
Thanks for starting this thread, I am in Peru right now. Ice ;)

Good games last night. Colombia vs Venezuela should not have ended 1-0. Colombians sure know how to dive, because that is what got them the PK....

My Peruvians came out attacking a little too much and they got counter attacked and scored. The 2nd Bolivian goal was a Top 5 Goal of the Copa America. As for Peru, I felt they should have won, they attacked all second half...they were so close from getting the game winner. The equalizer by Roberto Palacios was amazing as well. Vamos Peru carajo!!! And Argentina WINS tonight as well...!!!

You're right should have end 5-0;).Como se comieron goles!.
I admit it wasn't a penalty.

Keep us updated about players to watch, dangerous teams etc...
No games are being shown here...

:cool: Argentina all the way :cool:

Pink_Dove said:
Keep us updated about players to watch, dangerous teams etc...
No games are being shown here...

:cool: Argentina all the way :cool:

Do you live in the U.S?

Some updates...

Uruguay and Mexico tied 2-2. Although it sounds like a good game, it was horrific. Terrible soccer played. Anyone who saw the game will agree with me.

Argentina beat Ecuador 6-1!!! Hell yes! Saviola with a hat-trick.

Paraguay beat Costa Rica 1-0. Paraguay attacked all game and deserved to win, and got a goal late in the game due to a PK.

Brazil beat Chile late in the game, it should have been a tie with the crappyness shown from both sides, but Brazil gets lucky. :rolleyes:

Players to watch: Saviola (Arg), Diego (Bra), Farfan (Peru)

That is just to name a few...

Colombia 1-0 Bolivia

Bolivia was playing for the tied and had everyone back.Colombia had control of the ball through out the whole game.The score came in the 90th minute on a header by Perea.Colombia is now in the driver seat in Group A.

I did not watch Peru game because I was out celebrating Colombia Victory.

The night before....

Brazil v Chile

A 0-0 ball game all game and a terrible display of soccer, but in the 89th minute, Brazil gets an undeserving goal from a header of a corner. I was so upset to see Chile get 0 pts out of the game where both teams played equally crappy. Final: Brasil 1, Chile 0

Paraguay v Costa Rica

Another "fall asleep" game. Two of my family members fell asleep watching the game and I wasn't fascinated by the Football played. Paraguay got a goal of a 2nd Half PK which put them on top. Paraguay did deserve the goal though, they had attacked most of the game.

Now on to tonight ( I was there, Ice ;) )

Peru came out with a 1st Half goal, when Jefferson "La Foquita" Farfan made a quick chipper after a goalie mistake left a wide open net. Farfan celebrated by taking off his shirt and his teammates told him to put it back on and they covered him up, but he recieved the yellow. In the 2nd half of the game, a pass from LB Salas, to a wide open Solano for the 2nd goal. The third goal came soon after, a free kick that "El Nol" took and the defender who Peruvians call a top headere on the team, Acasiete strikes one in the net. 1 minute later, a nice *** GOLAZO by a Venezuelian. Tempers heated up as a Venezuelian player and Captain Claudio Pizarro both were red carded. The new Captain for the last 10 mins was Lefty, Andres Mendoza who had numerous opportunites (5 or 6) in which he could have and should have scored. He completely messed up and missed, but he was playing on the right side for some reason (Ask Auturri). But he isn't known for having the best shot in the World either :rolleyes:. Final...Peru 3...Venezuela 1.

Venezuela is pretty much out unless they can goliar Bolivia and be one of the top two 3rd place teams to make it to the next round....doubtful. After that, Peru has 4 points, and Colombia has 6 points. Peru will be without Pizarro for the match between these two group leaders, and If Peru can pull out the W...then Peru will take 1st in the division and be a 1st seeded team in the quarter-finals, and trust me, they WILL do it. :D :up:

BTW minus, Colombia is not in the driver's seat for Group A, check out my last post and you'll see why...

Peru beat Colombia? HAHA!!

It is going to happen....you'll see Monday

1 hour away from Ecuador and Uruguay and then My Argentinos take on Mexico.

Prime Time said:
It is going to happen....you'll see Monday

1 hour away from Ecuador and Uruguay and then My Argentinos take on Mexico.

Argentina - 0

MEXICO - 1

Okay, I couldn't post last night so Ill post now.

This game reminded me a lot of Argentina vs Sweden in the World Cup in 02. Creating numerous chances and shutting down its opponents for the most part, but not being able to win. We blew a lot of opportunities....

Mexico didnt shut us down, but they didnt let us score which is an accomplishment, and a Win for them. BTW, the one in the box with Delgado should've been a PK, BUT thems the breaks.

I can't believe Argentina couldn't beat Mexico. The interesting game is when they play their arch rival Uruguay.

Back
Top Bottom