Copa America Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Copa America Thread

WestPhish, who's arch rival? Argentina's rival is definately Brazil...

Some photos....

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Does anyone know why the U.S. is not playing this time? Were we not invited?

Prime Time said:
WestPhish, who's arch rival? Argentina's rival is definately Brazil...

Yes, Brazil is Argentina's biggest rival, but Argentina vs. Uruguay is a classic. Very similar countries in culture, so there are huge bragging rights by the team that comes out on top.

Vamos Argentina!

ar_s-1.gif

Si...Vamos Argentina!!!!

BTW PhinKev...USA denied its invitation to the Cup because they didn't want to have to take the players away from the MLS and they didn't want to interfere with the season.

Argentina and Ururguay are big rivals.Is no secret both countries hate each other.

Of Course it is not but Argentina's #1 Rival is Brazil. BTW, here is some news...

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/040710/7/1t52.html

Pizarro will not play anymore due to an injury. But I know it is more than that. He has been playing midfield which is not his natural position, and therefore wants to sitout. I guarantee If he was playing forward, he would still play. :(

Prime Time said:
Si...Vamos Argentina!!!!

BTW PhinKev...USA denied its invitation to the Cup because they didn't want to have to take the players away from the MLS and they didn't want to interfere with the season.

Too bad, we have had some success in the Cup. Maybe we need a North American Cup?

Nah . . . .

PhinKev said:
Too bad, we have had some success in the Cup. Maybe we need a North American Cup?

Nah . . . .

We have the Gold Cup but no teams send their top sides to that tournament.

Colombia 2 Peru 2

Colombia was up 2-0 and just got confident which allow Peru to score when they got despret.Colombia secure first place in their division with 7 points while Peru finish 2nd with 5.

Anybody see Argentina vs. Uruguay??....it was a great match.

Gold Cup was last year and it was class. That is where Gibbs made his debut for the NT. Bocanegra scored like 3 goals in the tourney. I went to the USA vs Brazil game. It was awesome, except for the fatc that we lost. We had close *** seats too. I saw Hejduk really close. It was a very cool experience. Look up my thread on it, it is in here somewhere. :)

Argentina won 4-2. Good game, some nice goals. A lot of fouling and Uruguay had 10 players as one of their men pushed the ref then he was sent off after arguing. The reffin' was bad but the game was good, especially the 1st half. "El Pato" Abbondanzieri showed that he can't play at this level. He is a star for Boca and is a good GK for Club, but he is not good enough to play for la seleccion. I hope El Loco starts Cavallero in the match vs Peru. Or do I? I dont know who I want to win...:(

Back
Top Bottom