Copa America Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Copa America Thread

Prime Time said:
Gold Cup was last year and it was class. That is where Gibbs made his debut for the NT. Bocanegra scored like 3 goals in the tourney. I went to the USA vs Brazil game. It was awesome, except for the fatc that we lost. We had close *** seats too. I saw Hejduk really close. It was a very cool experience. Look up my thread on it, it is in here somewhere. :)

Gibbs made his debut in a friendly last year, and he played in the Confederations Cup which was before the Gold Cup.

No teams care about the Gold Cup. Some of the games were alright but it isn't a great tournament or anything.

BTW, all the experts who said Henao is the best starting GK in this tourney are wrong. "El Nol" Solano put a B-E-A-utiful Free Kick on him to score the 1st goal. The shot wasn't really even for him, because it was for a left footed guy, but Solano is class, so what can I say. The second goal, 3 minutes later, Henao was INSIDE the goal at the back net. Nice *** play by Solano to cross it, and Mendoze headed it back in to a diving Maestri who hit it "De Palomita" and he got kicked in the face. Great goals :)

Prime Time said:
Argentina won 4-2. Good game, some nice goals. A lot of fouling and Uruguay had 10 players as one of their men pushed the ref then he was sent off after arguing. The reffin' was bad but the game was good, especially the 1st half. "El Pato" Abbondanzieri showed that he can't play at this level. He is a star for Boca and is a good GK for Club, but he is not good enough to play for la seleccion. I hope El Loco starts Cavallero in the match vs Peru. Or do I? I dont know who I want to win...:(

Yeah, Abbondanzieri dove late on a pretty easy save, and in others just watched the ball go in the net. Bielsa needs more experience at keeper. I thought that although Argentina attacks very well, it really does a poor defensive job. Poor defense and iffy keeper spells trouble in my book.

Their attacking play is awesome. Top 5 attacking team in all of football. Their defense although shaky at times can be very solid. Roberto Ayala and Walter Samuel are both Top 10-15 defenders in the world. They defend well, and you could pretty much place anyone else in another spot. There are okay players to plug in, such as Diego Placente, Mauricio Pochettino, Mascherano, heck, even Juampi Sorin or Zanetti who are midfielders could do it. Simeone a midfielder had done it at times in his career. The weakness to our defenders and our keepers including Abbondanzieri, Cavallero, and El Mono Burgos...is high crosses. They all struggle big time on those and they give up quite a few goals on them.

Prime Time said:
Their attacking play is awesome. Top 5 attacking team in all of football. Their defense although shaky at times can be very solid. Roberto Ayala and Walter Samuel are both Top 10-15 defenders in the world. They defend well, and you could pretty much place anyone else in another spot. There are okay players to plug in, such as Diego Placente, Mauricio Pochettino, Mascherano, heck, even Juampi Sorin or Zanetti who are midfielders could do it. Simeone a midfielder had done it at times in his career. The weakness to our defenders and our keepers including Abbondanzieri, Cavallero, and El Mono Burgos...is high crosses. They all struggle big time on those and they give up quite a few goals on them.

The announcers were commenting that Argentina has not produced a world class keeper in a long while. It is so true. The last world class keeper I remember is "El Pato" Fillol and that was back in the late seventies.

Quater Finals
Saturday
Peru vs Argentina 6:00 PM
Costa Rica vs Colombia 8:45PM

Sunday
Uruguay vs Paraguay 2:00 PM
Brazil vs Mexico 4:00 PM

I am dissapointed becauuse I have to see one of my fav. teams get eliminated as they play each other. For some reason though, I am getting the feeling that Peru will win and that Marcelo Bielsa will get fired which will come to happy thoughs of many Argentinians who have wanted him gone since after the World Cup. So here are my predictions...

Peru over Argentina
Colombia over Costa Rica
Uruguay over Paraguay
Mexico over Brazil

Prime Time said:
I am dissapointed becauuse I have to see one of my fav. teams get eliminated as they play each other. For some reason though, I am getting the feeling that Peru will win and that Marcelo Bielsa will get fired which will come to happy thoughs of many Argentinians who have wanted him gone since after the World Cup. So here are my predictions...

Peru over Argentina
Colombia over Costa Rica
Uruguay over Paraguay
Mexico over Brazil

If Argentina loses to Peru Bielsa will have to seek asylum in another country.....he might get fired eventually, but I don't see it happening against Peru. My prediction, Argentina wins this one.

I for one would love for him to stay. I think they have done a miraculous job with him as the DT. But since Mancini didn't want to take over after the 02 Cup, Pekerman thought he was still best coach available so he kept him. But now that Mancini is willing to coach, I think Pekerman is waiting for one slip-up for Bielsa to get fired. Bielsa is pretty much screwed as soon as he loses a game.

Some more pics

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

My Peruanos!!!!
clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

GAY ^^

Peru 0, Argentina 1. Good game, nice free kick goal by Tevez...the curve was AWESOME. It sucks that Peru is out but now I have one team to concentrate to root for...Argentina!!! Thanks Peru for a fine tourney. Comeback Kids...just not today.

BTW, in unimportant news :D Colombia beat Costa Rica. Argentina will play Colombia on Wednesday I believe. Argentina will win :D

Prime Time said:
Peru 0, Argentina 1. Good game, nice free kick goal by Tevez...the curve was AWESOME. It sucks that Peru is out but now I have one team to concentrate to root for...Argentina!!! Thanks Peru for a fine tourney. Comeback Kids...just not today.

BTW, in unimportant news :D Colombia beat Costa Rica. Argentina will play Colombia on Wednesday I believe. Argentina will win :D

Keep thinking that!

Peru vs. Argentina was a tough fought game. The first half was really not fun to watch. The second half had a little more life to it. Peru played well, and was probably more precise than Argentina in many plays. If it wasn't for Teves' masterful free kick this game would have gone to penalties. Colombia vs. Argentina next Tuesday will be interesting. Although historically Argentina has pretty much dominated the Colombians, last time we played Colombia won. I'll be wearing my albi-celeste and rooting for my team.

Vamos Vamos Argentina, Vamos vamos a ganar...que esta barra quilombera, no te deja no te deja de alentar!!!!!! :shout:

argentina20flag-1.gif

WestPhish said:
Peru vs. Argentina was a tough fought game. The first half was really not fun to watch. The second half had a little more life to it. Peru played well, and was probably more precise than Argentina in many plays. If it wasn't for Teves' masterful free kick this game would have gone to penalties. Colombia vs. Argentina next Tuesday will be interesting. Although historically Argentina has pretty much dominated the Colombians, last time we played Colombia won. I'll be wearing my albi-celeste and rooting for my team.

Vamos Vamos Argentina, Vamos vamos a ganar...que esta barra quilombera, no te deja no te deja de alentar!!!!!! :shout:

argentina20flag-1.gif

Dominated? :lol:

Look up the match history.Is far from neither side dominating.

Back
Top Bottom