Could Chris Chambers Become The NFL's Best Wr? Or AFC's Best? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Chris Chambers Become The NFL's Best Wr? Or AFC's Best?

its true, this is only CC's second year, but unlike green, he has shown me something. he can only get better!
and as far as moulds being great, he can get open and he has had better people throwing to him. i have never seen him make some of the catches Gadsden has made!

Chambers Dolphins #1 Receiver

With Norv as the OC you know the TE and Fb will get 50 cathces combined. Then you throw in RW touched the ball 370 times last year, and Gadsen, Mcknight, and ward should combine for another 100 receptions. That doesn't leave enough passes available for CC to put up the numbers as a Harrison, Bruce, Boston, Smith and so on

Wait a minute, something doesn't quite add up here. Usually in Norv's system the Number 1 WR gets 70 plus receptions. There will not be the equity of receptions at the WR spot that we saw last year (48, 55, 55). The top 3 WR's will most likely be closer to a 75, 45, 30 scenario. The RB, TE, and FB will have a similar reception curve. If history repeats itself, and it will...The Dolphins will have a top goto WR and his name shall be Chambers. 70-80 rec. will place him somewhere around the 1,200 yard range with lots of TD's. IMHO this scenario is very conceivable. All he needs to do is stay healthy and he will be the AFC's top WR. I would not be anxious to argue that the undrafted ones Gadsden and McKnight should beat out Chambers for the #1 Receiving spot.

If you look at Norv's system is isn't about 1 player being the go to guy. It just so happend that Irvin and Westbrock stood out in their teams. Gadsen is Jay's go to guy, and Norv will use all of his talent since he has it. The key to Norv's offense is spreading the ball around. I would look for the top 3 wrs on Miami to be very close in receptions again.

Originally posted by Miamian
Let there be peace among Dolphin fans at FinHeaven. I've also criticized Dajesus about CC before, but he deserves respect for his insightful opinions. On the other hand, being a football coach on offense (but not necessarily offensive) MIKE deserves the benefit of the doubt in his judgement.

I respect Mike's opion, and I hope he knows I wasn't calling him a moron. I wouldn't trade Chambers for anyone either. He was our steal, and I hope more than anything he is a future hall of famer. I respect Mike becuase he backed up his thoughts, he didn't question someone's loyalty, and then runaway when he was called on it. Either way Mike I hope i didn't offend you, and it's not that I ever disagreed with you it is just that I have seen to many Troy Stradfords, Mark Higgs, Irving Spikes, Lamar Smiths, Yatil Greens, Randall Hills, and so on to get overly excited about one season.

Originally posted by Dajesus If you look at Norv's system is isn't about 1 player being the go to guy. It just so happend that Irvin and Westbrock stood out in their teams. Gadsen is Jay's go to guy, and Norv will use all of his talent since he has it. The key to Norv's offense is spreading the ball around. I would look for the top 3 wrs on Miami to be very close in receptions again.

I really don't know what you are basing that on...according to history Norv always has a top WR on the team. This may be a result of using the 2 WR formation most of the time. While Irvin was catching 80 rec, Harper was grabbing 30. Guys like Westbrook and Conway are not considered all-pro talent, but they got the lions share of receptions by Norvs design. One year in Dallas the 4th and 5th WR had zero receptions. Imagine having Jimmy Smith on the sideline and not needing to incorporate him into the game because of balancing the attack to the RB, TE, and FB.

Norv will develop a go to guy on the ground and through the air. He will make you cover the main WR and then exploit you underneath with mismatches in coverages with the TE. And when they try take away the TE he then goes to the RB and FB. It's a solid plan. The exciting thing is that Chambers has more talent than Michael Irvine, Michael Westbrook, and Curtis Conway.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to look at the talent on the other side at WR. Harper didn't do anything when he left the Boys, the Chargers only healthy WR was Conway, and the only talent he had in Washington was Westbrook. Norv has been great reconazing his talent, he will acomadate his playbook to the fact that he has 4 playmakers at WR. Don't forget that Feidler's go to guy is Gadsen.

AHHHHHHH...now someone see's what I see

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

Wait a minute, something doesn't quite add up here. Usually in Norv's system the Number 1 WR gets 70 plus receptions. There will not be the equity of receptions at the WR spot that we saw last year (48, 55, 55). The top 3 WR's will most likely be closer to a 75, 45, 30 scenario. The RB, TE, and FB will have a similar reception curve. If history repeats itself, and it will...The Dolphins will have a top goto WR and his name shall be Chambers. 70-80 rec. will place him somewhere around the 1,200 yard range with lots of TD's. IMHO this scenario is very conceivable. All he needs to do is stay healthy and he will be the AFC's top WR. I would not be anxious to argue that the undrafted ones Gadsden and McKnight should beat out Chambers for the #1 Receiving spot.

Thank you for saying statistically exactly what I was trying to say. BTW.....Another statistic that might indicate Chambers is closer to the Top of the NFL WR class is the fact that he did tie for the lead in an improtant NFL category. Chris Chambers tied for first among NFL WRs with 5 final quarter TD receptions. Not To bad for a Rookie WR that didn't even start.

I see him around 75 receptions, 1,200 yards, and a whole bunch of TD's.

Re: Chambers Dolphins #1 Receiver

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

and McKnight should beat out Chambers for the #1 Receiving spot.

are you ****ing crazy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! MCKNIGHT OVER CHAMBERS!!!!!!! MCKNIGHT CANT CLEAN CHRIS'S LAUNDRY!!!!!!!!!!
OMG I CANT BELEIVE YOU SAID THAT I THINK IM GONNA CRY!!!!!!!
I THINK THAT WE SHOULD CUT MCKNIGHT AND REPLACE HIM WITH OGDEN, THATS HOW MUCH I HATE THAT ****ING GUY. OH JESUS ITS ALL HIS FAULT WE DIDNT GET THE BYE WEEK IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!! HE DESERVES TO ROT IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

:monkey: JAMES MCKNIGHT

It is going to be like this.

1) Chambers
2) Gadsden (although he will go into the slot during 3 WR sets)
3) McKnight
4) Ward
5) Simmons

Chambers still #1

Originally posted by Dol_Fan5434
I THINK THAT WE SHOULD CUT MCKNIGHT AND REPLACE HIM WITH OGDEN
Man Dol_Fan5434, I didn't say that Chambers would get beat out by McKnight. The title of my post was that Chambers is the #1 Dolphin Receiver. You took the quote out of context by only using half of my sentence. I said that I would NOT be quick to argue that Chambers would get beat out by Gadsden and McKnight for the #1 receiving spot. I think we are on the same page accept for your quote that Ogden should replace McKnight. (LOL) IMHO McKnight is an upgrade over Tony Martin. McKnight is fast and has good size. He is a late bloomer. He has an occassional lapse in concentration that ends in disaster. I think he has sufficient motivation to correct that problem this year. I think that McKnight will see less action this year and pull in about 35 receptions. He is a good downfield blocker because of his size and experience as a special teamer. I've seen him take out a corner and safety on a single block. Hopefully he can help Ricky W. run wild in the secondary.

Gadsden has proven that he can consistently grab 50 rec. during the season, but IMO will not be the #1 target.

clear.gif

Re: Re: Chambers Dolphins #1 Receiver

Originally posted by Dol_Fan5434

are you ****ing crazy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! MCKNIGHT OVER CHAMBERS!!!!!!! MCKNIGHT CANT CLEAN CHRIS'S LAUNDRY!!!!!!!!!!
OMG I CANT BELEIVE YOU SAID THAT I THINK IM GONNA CRY!!!!!!!
I THINK THAT WE SHOULD CUT MCKNIGHT AND REPLACE HIM WITH OGDEN, THATS HOW MUCH I HATE THAT ****ING GUY. OH JESUS ITS ALL HIS FAULT WE DIDNT GET THE BYE WEEK IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!! HE DESERVES TO ROT IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

:monkey: JAMES MCKNIGHT

Now I'm all confused.....Crap iron said, everything was Jay's fault, are you telling me that some one else may have screwed us up too? Can't be......

Back
Top Bottom