Could Chris Chambers Become The NFL's Best Wr? Or AFC's Best? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Chris Chambers Become The NFL's Best Wr? Or AFC's Best?

Dajesus IS a true Dolfan. Give him a break, man.

Dajesus is just being a realist, no need to bash him. I've seen him fiercely defend this team, so there should be no question where his allegances are.

Originally posted by BMarion31
Dajesus is just being a realist, no need to bash him. I've seen him fiercely defend this team, so there should be no question where his allegances are.

ditto ditto....

I'm a loyal Dolphins Fan, but I agree with Dajesus, one season does not make a great reciever, but for Chris it was a good start. Now we have to see if he gets through the sophmore jinx..Plus he wasn't a starter last year and didn't have the constant pressure on him, he got to see the D from the sidelines then come in and exploit them..Lets see him adjust on the go during games...Remember Westbrook had the same promising start..Chris already have an injury that's lasted 5 months and he wasn't able to shake it for the playoffs last year..and the post season is when true great receivers make their name. I truly believe that in time we will be able to count Chris as one of the great reciever in the NFL, but until then lets count our blessings that he's given us something to look forward to. Dajesus keep rockin man.

As a Dolphins fan for over 30 yrs, I have to admit the past several have made me a bit pessimistic at times also. I agree that Dajesus is simply being realistic. Chamber is indeed a HUGE talent, and is definately someone to get excited about... but this is only year 2 for him. How many times have the Phins been dissapointed with a potentially "great" WR. Remember Yatil Green? True he never actually made it on the field, and was hurt before he could show us anything. OK then, how about Lamar Thomas? He was going to give us the deep threat too... I hope and pray that Chambers is the real deal... one that will stay healthy, and continue to produce season after season... he certainly has it in him....but to say he's top 5 now? That is a little premature...

Maybe he could be the NFL's 3rd best..... AFC's 2nd best....
I'm probably biased but IMO Moulds is the best WR in the league talent-wise other than Moss....
Why?

He has NEVER had a good WR to take off some pressure... Bruce has Holt and Faulk, Moss had Carter and has BC, Freeman had Chmura and Schreader and that other guy (damn it i can't remember) w/out the help he had before his play has gone down..... Owens has 2 consistant guys who can handle the load, Rice has suddenly gotten better with Brown on the other side, Rod Smith has McCaffry, Jimmy Smith has/had McCardell, etc. etc.

He has never had a good QB throwing to him... The Flake sucked, Johnson never played a whole season and for some reason didn't throw to him that often, AVP got him more involved late in the season but his arm is weak and is a WCO guy only (he is still probably my favorite Bill though!) -Imahine if you took his PB seasons AND added McNabb or Manning or Culpepper as his QB instead then what would have stats been like! 94 balls would probably turn into 110 easy and at least another 2 TD's and 200 yds!

He has had no RB to help balance the offense and keep the safeties and OLB's honest

He has changed OC's 4 times (i think, could be 5 if you count rookie season as coaching change)

His "specialty" is the deep ball and how often have you seen AVP or the Flake launch one down the field? Johnson did it every so-often but was always injured

He is probably the best WR in the league at catching the ball in LB territory and in traffic

and.....
He burns your guys in every game!!!

The only time he burned us was when Madison missed the game with an injury. Where was he when when we humiliated you guys late in the season? Madison was there but, Moulds failed to show up. The only big game i remember him having agsint Miami the last couple years was this season when Madison was out with his bum shoulder. I m not sure of his numbers 2 seasons ago, but I know he didn't have break out games or we wouldn't have humiliated you twice last eyar as well.

PS thanks for the support guys. I like how Chambers or what ever he calls him self tells me to go suport another team but then mystiously disapears when when it is time to back up his statement. Who is capt negative now bucko?

Original thread title says it all.......

Alot was said on opinions of Chris Chambers and where he is and might be in the pecking order of WR's in the NFL. The original Thread title was "COULD Chris Chambers BECOME the NFL's Best WR or AFC Best WR? I didn't hear anyone ever say they thought Chambers was the best or one of the five best RIGHT NOW. There were a wide range of opinions on where he'll be after this season. I'll say again what I attempted to say in my original post. I think several of the past few years Best Wr's (Like Moss, Boston, etc) are on down cycles and Chambers is on an up cycle. I think Chambers can make plays, and has all the heart, physical tools, and Offensive System (and Cordinator) to get to the top of the WR class this year. Yes, admitedly that is a optimistic view, but I see the talent there and the surroundings (like Ricky Williams and Norv Turner) will really aide him in getting open and making more plays. The guy could end up among league leaders at WR, thus my opinion on him would be that he is in fact one of the best WR's in the league. Maybe even the best one day soon.
I don't think production alone will tell who the best WR's are, but production does show who's getting the job done week after week and Chambers does make plays week after week.

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggsest thing stopping CC from being in the class of the other guys is enough balls(literlay not figuritivly). With Norv as the OC you know the TE and Fb will get 50 cathces combinded. Then you throw in RW touched the ball 370 times last year, and Gadsen, Mcknight, and ward should combine for another 100 receptions. That doesn't leave enough passes available for CC to put up the numbers as a Harrison, Bruce, Boston, Smith and so on. It will be exciting though because Norv likes to throw the deep pass at least 5 times a game, and now that CC is starting over Mcknight you know at least 3 of those will have CCs name on it. We all know he can make some great cathces on the deep ball, but before he is a an all pro he has to have more production on the crossing routes, and outs.

Originally posted by Dajesus
The biggsest thing stopping CC from being in the class of the other guys is enough balls(literlay not figuritivly). With Norv as the OC you know the TE and Fb will get 50 cathces combinded. Then you throw in RW touched the ball 370 times last year, and Gadsen, Mcknight, and ward should combine for another 100 receptions. That doesn't leave enough passes available for CC to put up the numbers as a Harrison, Bruce, Boston, Smith and so on. It will be exciting though because Norv likes to throw the deep pass at least 5 times a game, and now that CC is starting over Mcknight you know at least 3 of those will have CCs name on it. We all know he can make some great cathces on the deep ball, but before he is a an all pro he has to have more production on the crossing routes, and outs.

Keep in mind that Norv will probably only be here at O.C. for 2-3 years.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Maybe he could be the NFL's 3rd best..... AFC's 2nd best....
I'm probably biased but IMO Moulds is the best WR in the league talent-wise other than Moss....

I can name 6 WRs who are better than Moulds as of now.
1)Boston
2)Owens
3)Holt
4)Harrison
5)Moss
6)R. Smith

Let there be peace among Dolphin fans at FinHeaven. I've also criticized Dajesus about CC before, but he deserves respect for his insightful opinions. On the other hand, being a football coach on offense (but not necessarily offensive) MIKE deserves the benefit of the doubt in his judgement.

Back
Top Bottom