could history be repeating itself | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

could history be repeating itself

HelloMotto

unknown quantity
Joined
Apr 10, 2004
Messages
1,261
Reaction score
0
Location
northeast ohio
If we were to trade out of #2 with tampa and move to #5. We could then draft C benson (ricky jr) with that pick. The same pick ricky was drafted with in 1999 by the saints. #5 overall. If we move to #5 who would be the bpa for us to draft. If ricky is still unclear of returning maybe benson would be the best pick. Or maybe shawn merriman or ..... :confused2
 

jbond

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2003
Messages
2,068
Reaction score
4
Age
47
Location
Melbourne, FL
i wouldn't bet drafting anyone based upon what Ricky may or may not do. either WR or RB though at that point.
 

finresurrection

2 Babes and a little paint, sweet!!!!
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
321
Reaction score
0
HelloMotto said:
If we were to trade out of #2 with tampa and move to #5. We could then draft C benson (ricky jr) with that pick. The same pick ricky was drafted with in 1999 by the bears. #5 overall. If we move to #5 who would be the bpa for us to draft. If ricky is still unclear of returning maybe benson would be the best pick. Or maybe shawn merriman or ..... :confused2

Merriman at #5? too soon for him. If he is the target for round 1, then trade down again from 5 to about 10 if possible.

I am still not on the Benson bandwagon. I just don't see him fitting in well with Linehan's system. If we go RB this early, Brown is still the guy.
 

HysterikiLL

Practice Squad
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,653
Reaction score
0
What I think would be more fitting would be taking Brown at number 5. Since about 2001, I've seen a near parallel universe with San Diego and this year, a near parallel universe with Ronnie and LaDanian.

Who was the last RB to go top 5? LaDanian Tomlinson, 1st Round, 5th overall
 

HelloMotto

unknown quantity
Joined
Apr 10, 2004
Messages
1,261
Reaction score
0
Location
northeast ohio
jbond said:
i wouldn't bet drafting anyone based upon what Ricky may or may not do. either WR or RB though at that point.
1st round selections
#1 49ers pick Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal
#2 Tampa picks Alex Smith, QB, Utah
#3 cleveland picks Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
#4 Bears draft Mike Williams, WR, USC
#5 Miami drafts ? benson, merriman, barron, johnson etc. this would be more challenging. :wink:
 

King Nate

His Majesty
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
4,183
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, Florida
Wow if we traded down to five and got more picks and drafted the next Ladanian Tomlinson that would be the greatest thing to happen to Miami in recent years.
 

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
5,039
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Location
England
HelloMotto said:
1st round selections
#1 49ers pick Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal
#2 Tampa picks Alex Smith, QB, Utah
#3 cleveland picks Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
#4 Bears draft Mike Williams, WR, USC
#5 Miami drafts ? benson, merriman, barron, johnson etc. this would be more challenging. :wink:
benson goes #4 to chicago, IMO. They like him a lot.

As for the original post, Ricky won't effect this draft at all. If we go down to #5 and Benson is still around then I'd take him, but I think it'll be between Ronnie, Cadillac and Mike Williams. In which case I'd take the best player... which IMO is Mike Williams, maybe Ronnie.
 

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
5,459
Reaction score
1,711
the more and more I'm starting not to like picking a QB this year, the more I'm hoping we trade down with Tampa. It would be perfect in my mind because we'd still get one of the top 7 (Rodgers, Smith, Benson, Brown, C. Williams, M. Williams, Edwards)prospects and it would be guaranteed not to be a QB. I'd even rather have Barron or D.J. than get a QB, but hey............ the best case scenerio would be for me to be totally wrong, and for us to get a QB and that guy turn out to be the next Tom Brady
 

HelloMotto

unknown quantity
Joined
Apr 10, 2004
Messages
1,261
Reaction score
0
Location
northeast ohio
finsnchips said:
benson goes #4 to chicago, IMO. They like him a lot.

As for the original post, Ricky won't effect this draft at all. If we go down to #5 and Benson is still around then I'd take him, but I think it'll be between Ronnie, Cadillac and Mike Williams. In which case I'd take the best player... which IMO is Mike Williams, maybe Ronnie.

Dont the bears have a good RB, i remember him having some good games in my fantasy league? They (bears) have alot of other needs also.
 

Agent51

Practice Squad
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
5,589
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Hawai'i
outlawd2u said:
the more and more I'm starting not to like picking a QB this year, the more I'm hoping we trade down with Tampa. It would be perfect in my mind because we'd still get one of the top 7 (Rodgers, Smith, Benson, Brown, C. Williams, M. Williams, Edwards)prospects and it would be guaranteed not to be a QB. I'd even rather have Barron or D.J. than get a QB, but hey............ the best case scenerio would be for me to be totally wrong, and for us to get a QB and that guy turn out to be the next Tom Brady

In which case we can WAIT on a QB because the "nextTom Brady" could come from as deep as 6th round.
 

Agent51

Practice Squad
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
5,589
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Hawai'i
HelloMotto said:
If we were to trade out of #2 with tampa and move to #5. We could then draft C benson (ricky jr) with that pick. The same pick ricky was drafted with in 1999 by the bears. #5 overall. If we move to #5 who would be the bpa for us to draft. If ricky is still unclear of returning maybe benson would be the best pick. Or maybe shawn merriman or ..... :confused2

Ricky was Drafted by the Saints
 

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
5,039
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Location
England
HelloMotto said:
Dont the bears have a good RB, i remember him having some good games in my fantasy league? They (bears) have alot of other needs also.
but I can't see them taking a WR because Edwards won't be there and they have signed Mushin who is in the mold of MW#1. If i was a GM I wouldn't pin my running game on Thomas Jones.
 

Agent51

Practice Squad
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
5,589
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Hawai'i
finsnchips said:
but I can't see them taking a WR because Edwards won't be there and they have signed Mushin who is in the mold of MW#1. If i was a GM I wouldn't pin my running game on Thomas Jones.

does "A-Train" anthony davis still play for them?

IDK, I hope we trade down to 5, they take Brown because they are shocked he is still there and they have him rated higher (like everyone else seems to) and we get Benson at 5 plus another pick or two or three, and Benson for cheaper, like I have been saying and pulling for all along
 

dolfan4good

Section 451 Row 10 Seats 14-15
Joined
May 23, 2003
Messages
2,776
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Miami - Kendall
HelloMotto said:
1st round selections
#1 49ers pick Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal
#2 Tampa picks Alex Smith, QB, Utah
#3 cleveland picks Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
#4 Bears draft Mike Williams, WR, USC
#5 Miami drafts ? benson, merriman, barron, johnson etc. this would be more challenging.

finsnchips said:
benson goes #4 to chicago, IMO. They like him a lot.

As for the original post, Ricky won't effect this draft at all. If we go down to #5 and Benson is still around then I'd take him, but I think it'll be between Ronnie, Cadillac and Mike Williams. In which case I'd take the best player... which IMO is Mike Williams, maybe Ronnie.
If this scenario does pan out and the Bears do select Benson, then I still think that we trade the #5 pick to the Vikes, who are looking for a WR and I think would jump on a trade up only 2 spots to pick up Mike Williams. With the #7 selection we will have our pick of H2 or Caddy and we would have picked up at least 3 new first day picks.
 

HysterikiLL

Practice Squad
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,653
Reaction score
0
Agent51 said:
does "A-Train" anthony davis still play for them?

IDK, I hope we trade down to 5, they take Brown because they are shocked he is still there and they have him rated higher (like everyone else seems to) and we get Benson at 5 plus another pick or two or three, and Benson for cheaper, like I have been saying and pulling for all along


If you mean Anthony Thomas, I think he was a restricted free agent...I'm not sure when RFA ends though
 
Top Bottom