Could Kyler Murray Dictate Where He Is Going? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Kyler Murray Dictate Where He Is Going?

Regarding Kyler Murray's future plans, Lincoln Riley was asked about that yesterday on the ESPN signing day coverage. I was very surprised when Riley matter of factly said he knew what Murray was going to do, but didn't feel comfortable saying it publicly as opposed to allowing Murray to do it.

So apparently the decision has already been made. I was surprised the ESPN host didn't ask more followup questions.

Of course, I guess the decision could be to attempt both sports.

This does seem to be the greatest leverage any football player has owned since Kirk Gibson, who was also great in both sports and would have been a first round pick in the NFL at wide receiver. Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders were always considered football first.

I had seen John Elway play baseball at least 5 or 6 times when Stanford visited USC so I knew that was a farce compared to his football ability. Elway was a decent baseball player but no better than 5th or 6th on that Cardinal team. He was a rightfielder with only moderate movement skills. Batted left landed and was scrappy but not scary. Liked to crouch low and foul off a lot of pitches. Bunted quite a bit.

Big hint: Whenever someone sprinkles "lol" on one post after another at a sports forum, it means they are basically being wiped out but scrambling to pretend otherwise. They sadly seem to be the only one who doesn't recognize it.

It is a classic defensive mechanism. I've seen numerous examples, including one guy who does it repeatedly on another Dolphins site. It's been mostly absent here.

I'm not surprised a Russell Wilson detractor would use it, because opinion of Russell Wilson is one of the great litmus tests in sports. The guy has only been elite every step of the way in college and pro, as verified by every meaningful statistic, yet attracts the simplistic."I could do it...," fluff.

LOL, first and last "elite" college qb ever drafted in the 3rd round...

If he was "elite" at Wisconsin, and I'm not just talking his awesome low int percentage which I found very impressive before he was even drafted, what were RG3 and Luck, Gods!

Hahaha, no offense, but elite division 1 collegiate QB's obviously don't get taken in the third round lol.

And he hasn't been elite in the NFL either (particularly in the playoffs), Mahomes is elite in YEAR 1 as a starter, that's what it looks like FYI.

Litmus test LOL!

Last edited:
All we have to do now is send him some weed & a gas mask. I'll film him if need be.
I think he will be there at 13. The threat of playing baseball and the fact that he wants to play both sports is enough to turn a lot of teams off.

Kyler Murray is going to the NFL Combine.

That's a hell of a thing considering the A's want him to be in camp with them by the 15th, if I recall.

On Twitter I ran a poll that asked the question very simply. Kyler Murray is available at 13 overall, do you take him or do you take someone else?

I got nearly 4,000 responses and about 80% of them said take Kyler Murray.

That's a strikingly high number. Anyone you can think of that were fan favorites for our past picks, I doubt you'd see the number be THAT high.

But the thing that's most entertaining about it is how incredibly vocal and sour the 20% minority are.

Judging by his twitter feed, Daniel Jeremiah is only now getting into a much more serious film review (All-22) of Kyler Murray. And also judging by his twitter feed, he's got the TCU game queued up.

Which means that Daniel Jeremiah is about to declare himself much more bullish on Kyler Murray than he had been in 3...2...1...

Jeremiah also asked 5 executives which player they expected to generate the most buzz at the Combine and 3 of them said Kyler Murray.

But two quotes in particular interested me:

Executive 3: "It's a QB league and Murray is an outside the box prospect. Teams are anxious to get to know him. The Dan Patrick interview confused me. Teams want to find out where he is with baseball. Those conversations will generate a lot of buzz. Also, if he runs and tests, it'll be quite the show. He can fly!"

Executive 4: "It's got to be Murray. We've all been told what he'll measure and run but I want to see it for myself. Also, it will be interesting to see if he's still so wishy washy when asked about baseball."

So these executives have been given height/weight measurements as well as 40 yard dash measurements. One executive's reaction was to buy it, and declare enthusiastically, "He can fly!" and the other executive's reaction was essentially, "No way, really?!?? I need to see it to believe it."

Which has me really wondering how well Murray's been doing in training. Both in terms of weight gain, and speed testing.

Anyone see his neck during that Dan Patrick interview? Just sayin...

Most talented player in the country - I said it months ago when I believed his future was in baseball. My trepidation with him always surrounded his uncertainty in regards to which sport he was going to commit.

The deeper into his film these evaluators get, the more irresistible they're going to find him.

For an organization like the Dolphins, whether or not he's worth the 13th pick in the draft if he's sitting there shouldn't be the question they ask themselves. The question should be - can they afford NOT to take a player like Kyler Murray if he's committed to football. Especially in this particular quarterback class. The thought itself should draw quite a laugh once you give it a minute.

For an organization like the Dolphins, whether or not he's worth the 13th pick in the draft if he's sitting there shouldn't be the question they ask themselves.

100%, and the same goes for Haskins and Lock. However, they need to move up to #2 and go get the QB. Only at that point, when they have an option between two, three of them, it becomes a question of who they like, who sucks less, who is better. But at 13 if just one falls to you it is not a discussion, you just take whoever falls to you because they are elite.

Is there any evidence to this, or is it just a **** take preying on the popular narrative that Murray is indecisive/confused/out to scam NFL teams to get more out of the As?

I really don't get the infatuation with this kid. I don't see the justification for the hype. I think whoever drafts him is going to be disappointed in 4 yrs.

Jeremiah also asked 5 executives which player they expected to generate the most buzz at the Combine and 3 of them said Kyler Murray.

But two quotes in particular interested me:

Executive 3: "It's a QB league and Murray is an outside the box prospect. Teams are anxious to get to know him. The Dan Patrick interview confused me. Teams want to find out where he is with baseball. Those conversations will generate a lot of buzz. Also, if he runs and tests, it'll be quite the show. He can fly!"

Executive 4: "It's got to be Murray. We've all been told what he'll measure and run but I want to see it for myself. Also, it will be interesting to see if he's still so wishy washy when asked about baseball."

So these executives have been given height/weight measurements as well as 40 yard dash measurements. One executive's reaction was to buy it, and declare enthusiastically, "He can fly!" and the other executive's reaction was essentially, "No way, really?!?? I need to see it to believe it."

Which has me really wondering how well Murray's been doing in training. Both in terms of weight gain, and speed testing.

Anyone see his neck during that Dan Patrick interview? Just sayin...

I remember in 2011 there was talk of the Dolphins possibly taking Cam Newton at 15 if he were to slide. The talk ended up being for naught because he went number 1.

I'm not saying Murray will go number 1, but after the underwear olympics and pro day there's no way he will be there at 13.

Back
Top Bottom