Could Mason Rudolph Change Our Fo Plan ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Mason Rudolph Change Our Fo Plan ?

Historically, drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round is a brutal proposition.

Id rather get my current QB the help he deserves.

Historically, drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round is a brutal proposition.

Id rather get my current QB the help he deserves.

I wouldn't call it brutal. If memory serves, the drop off from the late 1st to the second isn't awful. The success rate in the third isn't great, but you can't beat the odds if you don't try.

Nope. Not sold him him. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him if we didn't have so many holes to fill but we do. Now that we have a premier piece like Fitzpatrick in place I want to see the defense get another. We desperately need to draft a TE and LB tonight. We cannot afford to ignore either position.

What I'd do is draft Goedert at 42 then trade back into the second round for Darius Leonard. Three starters.

Doubt Goedert is there at 42,but if he is, I pounce. The LB pick can now come later because it is largely a depth pick. McDonald will be playing the hybrid coverage role with Fitzpatrick patrolling the backend. I also believe Chase Allen is going to lineup at SLB in the base package. Hoping Warner or Leonard will be available in the 3rd and they can rake Kiko’s spot in 2019.

Doubt Goedert is there at 42,but if he is, I pounce. The LB pick can now come later because it is largely a depth pick. McDonald will be playing the hybrid coverage role with Fitzpatrick patrolling the backend. I also believe Chase Allen is going to lineup at SLB in the base package. Hoping Warner or Leonard will be available in the 3rd and they can rake Kiko’s spot in 2019.

Should be able to get back into the back end of the second round with #73 and one of our fourth rounders.

I'm looking at Goedert and Fred Warner next.

Right on. I think they're going to take a serious look at Warner's coverage ability. We're obviously trying to do a better job in coverage. Warner covers like a safety and roams the field like one too. We're talking about McDonald's potential conversion to hyprid but this guy is already primed for that specific role.

I have a huge man crush on Darius Leonard (won't make it to 73), but Warner is probably the LB who has grown on me the most in this class.

I do like Rudolph a lot. Im not impressed with what I saw in Geodert. Im really liking Andrews from Oklahoma as a TE. Mason Rudolph seems like a New England guy. But if we were to go QB (behind Tannehill and Osweiler) I would get a guy like Lauletta to groom.
Funny you say that Rudolph is a NE guy, thought he’d go 31 last night.

I think if Hernandez is there at 42 they snag him. Wouldn’t surprise me if the pick is Guice (if available) if Hernandez is gone.

Would love us to snag him, doubt we will though, after last night we committed to Tannehill. We'll draft some no hoper in the 5th or 6th no doubt or just roll with Tannehill, Brock and Fales, it is what it is. Got to hope that Tannehill is what most folks on here think he is because we are going to get left behind in our division if he's not. Hopefully no more excuses now.

Would love us to snag him, doubt we will though, after last night we committed to Tannehill. We'll draft some no hoper in the 5th or 6th no doubt or just roll with Tannehill, Brock and Fales, it is what it is. Got to hope that Tannehill is what most folks on here think he is because we are going to get left behind in our division if he's not. Hopefully no more excuses now.

I understand that you’re frustrated about the qb situation but are you honestly scared of Josh Allen or Sam Darnold? Their ceiling is about the same as Tannehill’s IMO. 8 to 15

not even mildly interested unless he is converting to TE

Back
Top Bottom