Could this be the end of Dolphins Cheerleaders? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could this be the end of Dolphins Cheerleaders?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://deadspin.com/nfl-cheerleading-is-a-scam-a-former-ravens-cheerleader-1509840273

This story is about the Ravens and Raiders cheerleaders, but it's safe to assume similar issues exist with all NFL cheerleading squads. I could see this story blowing up in national media just like Bullygate. When you read through it, the cheerleaders do get a raw deal in terms of compensation. I guess one could spin it that NFL cheerleading is almost like a form of internship, and that the true compensation comes back in the form of reputation and connections which could pay dividends down the road in one's career.

If the whole cheerleading thing becomes a headache for the NFL, could teams like the Dolphins nix their squads altogether rather than increasing pay and benefits?

Straight as an arrow and I'm not sure I have ever noticed them while at the games. Wouldn't matter a single bit one way or the other if we have cheerleaders or not.

Works for me. I like looking at their calendars but I've never cheered because of them. If they were to be naked and they started kissing each other on the field then I'd shout for sure.

Doubtful.

This will just force teams to pay cheerleaders a fair salary for services provided.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying cheerleaders should be making a full years salary or what not, but from what I have read Raiders do not pay cheerleaders for practice time or travel expenses.

Big no-no.

Boo ****ing hoo. If you don't like the job quit. Just another person trying to get more than they deserve through a lawsuit.

Doubtful.

This will just force teams to pay cheerleaders a fair salary for services provided.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying cheerleaders should be making a full years salary or what not, but from what I have read Raiders do not pay cheerleaders for practice time or travel expenses.

Big no-no.

Ya, it is a bit ridiculous. The Ravens were requiring them to get their hair done a certain way each week, but they had to pay out of pocket. That's lame considering the amount of money the teams have.

But do they make enough from cheerleaders in their eyes to pay them a decent wage? They may just decide to get rid of them altogether

I think it was Maxim magazine that had an article covering the Bengals cheerleaders, this was at least 5-6 years ago, maybe longer... anyways, it gave a full breakdown on pay/expenses and it was saying that they ended up barely breaking even or even going into the negative after each game-day performance.

My ex-wife was a cheerleader and used to coach cheerleading. I told her that cheerleaders have absolutely no impact on the games and they're just there to look pretty. Never once when I played basketball did I say, "Man, the cheerleaders are cheering extra hard tonight. I've got to do it for them." Can't imagine why my marriage didn't work out.

Cheerleaders, fight songs, mascots, all that crap needs to go. They're just cutesy relics from an old era long gone by.

Don't see an issue here. It's an image conscious role. Sure look at the combine with the eye ball test and then in contracts there are weight clauses and fines…

Extra points, cheerleaders... soon itll all just be a coin flip. Dolphins- tails. Patriots- heads. And of course its a two- headed coin.

I know a former Ravens cheerleader, she said the same thing, it was just too much to keep up, she cheered for 2 seasons back 2000 or so. Walt Disney is no different, I was dating girl who danced in one of the shows at Disney, if she was over her weight she didn't get paid. Vegas is the same way.

Like the girl I dated from Disney says "no one was forcing me to do it, I could of walked away anytime".

Back
Top Bottom