Could this really happen? Interesting | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could this really happen? Interesting

I think the price would be too high.

Pitts at #6 and Elijah Moore at around #18 would be close value wise, without giving up multiple high picks.
Agree. This draft is too deep at WR to trade up for one.

Of Moore, Toney, Marshall...one can be had if the plan is to go #6.TE #18.RB or Edge #36 WR.

Be aggressive but don't panic.

I could see the conversations with Denver going 2 ways
- If a QB falls to 6, Denver could want to trade up. The GM did not give a glowing endorsement of Lock yesterday and appeared to be in the QB market.
- If a QB doesn't fall but guys like Sewell, Slater, Parsons are there at 9 Miami may want to move up to get a 2nd elite top 10 player.

I like to see the FO doing pre-draft work and being prepared for all options. Don't force it - let the board fall as it may and be prepared to move around for the best value to your roster.

yeah both yall misread, but im just copying Blue only going into more detail

18 + 36 = 9 + 114 (their 4th round pick)

Definately would have to be a draft day trade to see whats on the board at the 9. If we do something like go Sewell at 6, then hell yeah i want us to come back up to get one of the top weapons. If we get Pitts, then yeah it wouldnt hurt to come back up and get waddle/smith if available. If we draft Chase/Waddle/Smith at 6 then there is zero reason to trade back up to pick up one of the other 3.

Just get one of the big 4 at 6, and hope that Parsons or another player slides to 18. If we draft chase or waddle 6 and for some reason the weight scares everyone and Smith drops to 18 (doubtful), than sure, draft 2 1st round wide recievers I guess, hell flip one of the midgets for a late round pick in this scenario.
Thanks for the explanation. I think I got it now....lol

Interesting. I can see it both ways. Trade up or trade back. It could be an exciting night for us. If we did trade up, it would pretty much guarantee that we come away from the draft with at least two starters. If we get lucky, maybe both could end up being special. Fingers crossed.

So many things that could happen and it starts with who SF takes at 3. This is one of the most unpredictable drafts I've ever seen at the top 10. Most of the time you can be pretty sure of at least 6 or 7 of the top 10 picks but not this year. Just one crazy move by SF could change a lot of things this year.

yeah both yall misread, but im just copying Blue only going into more detail

18 + 36 = 9 + 114 (their 4th round pick)

Definately would have to be a draft day trade to see whats on the board at the 9. If we do something like go Sewell at 6, then hell yeah i want us to come back up to get one of the top weapons. If we get Pitts, then yeah it wouldnt hurt to come back up and get waddle/smith if available. If we draft Chase/Waddle/Smith at 6 then there is zero reason to trade back up to pick up one of the other 3.

Just get one of the big 4 at 6, and hope that Parsons or another player slides to 18. If we draft chase or waddle 6 and for some reason the weight scares everyone and Smith drops to 18 (doubtful), than sure, draft 2 1st round wide recievers I guess, hell flip one of the midgets for a late round pick in this scenario.
Sewells not happening. It’s more likely that we come back up for Parsons

Its interesting but I think someone is going to fall to 18 that we won't pass up. With so many QB going early, in all likelihood, I don't see how a position player we want doesn't slip to 18.

The exception, if we landed Pitts at 6 I'd be willing to trade up for Smith or Chase should they be available.

I could see the conversations with Denver going 2 ways
- If a QB falls to 6, Denver could want to trade up. The GM did not give a glowing endorsement of Lock yesterday and appeared to be in the QB market.
- If a QB doesn't fall but guys like Sewell, Slater, Parsons are there at 9 Miami may want to move up to get a 2nd elite top 10 player.

I like to see the FO doing pre-draft work and being prepared for all options. Don't force it - let the board fall as it may and be prepared to move around for the best value to your roster.
The OP said that Denver might want to move back not up, which is why I posted it. All along I thought they might be a trade partner at 6 but now it’s all over the place. I think Grier has a plan and a trade partner for every outcome.

Does it matter if we get THREE corner stone players to grow with our QB? A "hopeful" star TE,WR,and RB?

Why did we acquire all those picks if not to do something like that?

Agree, but as you are well aware, a number of us have a limit to "does it matter."

Sewells not happening. It’s more likely that we come back up for Parsons

I dont think we can say sewell is not gonna happen. Most of us dont want it to happen because we invested heavily in OL last year. He's potentially an upgrade over both tackles we have now. I dont want Sewell, but they can justify getting him, and any dolphins fan should realize his name isnt off the draft board just cause of Jackson and Hunt.

Ideally we just sit at 6 and 18. I want Parsons, but i want him in the slide to 18

I dont think we can say sewell is not gonna happen. Most of us dont want it to happen because we invested heavily in OL last year. He's potentially an upgrade over both tackles we have now. I dont want Sewell, but they can justify getting him, and any dolphins fan should realize his name isnt off the draft board just cause of Jackson and Hunt.

Ideally we just sit at 6 and 18. I want Parsons, but i want him in the slide to 18

If it ends up being Sewell I'll be slightly disappointed, but I'll also be fine with it because I recognize what he can do for our offense overall.

That said, indont think its necessary to spend all your top picks on the line to build a strong one.

If it ends up being Sewell I'll be slightly disappointed, but I'll also be fine with it because I recognize what he can do for our offense overall.

That said, indont think its necessary to spend all your top picks on the line to build a strong one.

Oh hell no, i dont WANT sewell. If we were to get him, then i could see how they could potentially justify it. I was just replying to the poster that said sewell was not happening. we invested big time last year, let them guys grow together, just add em a center in this draft and replace flowers in 2022

Back
Top Bottom